Ryan Hedges

Just now, King Street Loon said:

He was never ever going to or even a consideration for going to the huns.

Just another work of fiction dreamed up by the panicking masses on here.

Its been quite something the last few weeks.

Was quite het up myself after the St mirren game but some on the transfer/mcgrath threads ?

44 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I think we have spent the fee we are receiving for Hedges on the Dutch player (Vicente Besuijen). 
I certainly don’t see us splashing the cash on any further signings unless Davie Cormack and Steven Gunn have concluded they have made a Roger Hunt of this transfer window and somehow decide to help the only choice of manager (Glass) out. 

He was the best choice and the outstanding candidate. Remember that.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He was never ever going to or even a consideration for going to the huns.

Just another work of fiction dreamed up by the panicking masses on here.

Not exactly true.

It was reported in the Scotsman on 1st January that sevco had retained their interest in Hedges that they supposedly had last summer, although it was conceded by the reporter that Hedges preference was a move south and Blackburn were in pole position to sign him.

Of course it's academic now as the Blackburn interest proved to be conclusively true. I doubt many of us will remember much about him in 10 years time.

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He was decent enough for us but you have to say that is a cracking move for him isnt it. Sitting in an automatic play off place for the EPL. 

He was nowhere near as effective as (original) McGinn and probably not as effective as Pawlett or GMS either but there was no sign of top level Championship interest for those wee cunts. 

Tbf to Hedges though. Take a look at his timing with us & the decline of quality around him. He was here in the real downward spiral of Mcinnes’s time & the subsequent replacement by an absolute joke/amateur/pretender. 

Hedges with decent players around him being managed by a competent manager will be a lot better than the Hedges we experienced for most part. When fit of course ?

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Tbf to Hedges though. Take a look at his timing with us & the decline of quality around him. He was here in the real downward spiral of Mcinnes’s time & the subsequent replacement by an absolute joke/amateur/pretender. 

Hedges with decent players around him being managed by a competent manager will be a lot better than the Hedges we experienced for most part. When fit of course ?

Aye thats true. Knew you'd make a good point eventually mate

19 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Why were you surprised at £200k?

There were some on here reckoning we should be asking £500k plus to let him go. Totally unrealistic with 5 months to go on his contract...only 3 and a half of which he would actually have been playing for

I'm still of the opinion that we shouldn't have let him go as our squad is so thin but he quite obviously wanted to be at Blackburn and there was obviously a risk he might not try a leg had we forced him to stay....the club has done the pragmatic thing and taken a realistic fee when you look at it as £50k for each of the 4 months (rounded upwards)  he would have continued to play for us

Fair doos, I didnt realise he was on such a short remaining contract.

(I didnt think we get megabucks for him regardless, but I did think nearer 1/2 million)

• 2 weeks later...