Aberdeen 3 - 2 Hearts

Thought everyone played well again. Wilson was unfortunate that not much got played through him. Won a few good 50/50's though so motivation was there.

Ojo oozes class. Man of the match for me.

What a difference with the squad depth this season. Hedges and McGinn changed it. And McLennan still to come back from injury.

Joe Lewis. What an incredible human. That save in the first half was unbelievable.

Totally agree, he looked so comfortable on the ball and wasn’t afraid to speak to the ref either I noticed. I’m looking forward to seeing him up against Lego eater. That save from Lewis was just absolutely ridiculous, he has absolutely no right to even get to that. If there’s a better save than that the rest of the season then it’s got to be something special to beat that

Interesting to hear McInnes’ post match interview that he wasn’t even going to play Cosgrove if Main was fit. Just goes to show that he realises that rotation will actually be a good thing for us to freshen the squad and that’s not a bad thing at all

• Upvote 1

It's not a Hearts side I rate highly.

But before you lot get too excited. You were at home. Losing with 10 mins left. Needed a stupid push from Dikless in the box to get a pen and win by the odd goal in 5.

We were without Haring. Souttar injured and off. Naismith and Washington couldn't start. Aidy White no ready as our first choice left back. That's 5 out of 10 outfield positions.

No excuses. We were beat. Fair and square. But this should have been easier for yous and you struggled. I don't rate Aberdeen highly on today.

And just the 1,500 up there on a Sunday for those that say we don't travel.

• Downvote 10

But before you lot get too excited. You were at home. Losing with 10 mins left. Needed a stupid push from Dikless in the box to get a pen and win by the odd goal in 5.

We were without Haring. Souttar injured and off. Naismith and Washington couldn't start. Aidy White no ready as our first choice left back. That's 5 out of 10 outfield positions.

No excuses. We were beat. Fair and square. But this should have been easier for yous and you struggled. I don't rate Aberdeen highly on today.

And we had no injuries etc? 

Fuck off Hun

• Upvote 2

• Upvote 6

Must be hard going watching that hearts side. Absolute zero interest in playing football. I suppose the odd win over Celtic and hibs will keep a lot of supporters happy though. Fuck watching that every week.

I dont rate Hearts highly either.  Souttar is one of the few players you have who even tries to play football. Aberdeen can and will play much better than that this season, your team had a whole week to prepare for this match, we had 2 days and we still won.......

The same Naismith who is so committed to Hearts that he was happy to sit on his arse for a month to get a final month's paycheck from his previous club. Then turned up and said he wants to play here to stay in the Scotland squad.

He doesn't give a fuck about Hearts. He's only there coz he never got a gig at Ibrox.

• Downvote 1

The same Naismith who is so committed to Hearts that he was happy to sit on his arse for a month to get a final month's paycheck from his previous club. Then turned up and said he wants to play here to stay in the Scotland squad.

He doesn't give a fuck about Hearts. He's only there coz he never got a gig at Ibrox.

And he’s an absolute scrotum. Fits in perfectly at that place
  • Upvote 1

The point about injuries and missing players isn't to make excuses. We got beat fair. I said that.

It's to say you struggled against a shite Hearts team with 5 outfield players unable to play the whole game. I wasn't impressed with Aberdeen although, I'll say again, you won fair and the missing players aren't an excuse.

The recent trend is Aberdeen beat Hearts at home. Hearts beat Aberdeen at home. This was just a continuation of that. Just.

The point about injuries and missing players isn't to make excuses. We got beat fair. I said that.

It's to say you struggled against a shite Hearts team with 5 outfield players unable to play the whole game. I wasn't impressed with Aberdeen although, I'll say again, you won fair and the missing players aren't an excuse.

The recent trend is Aberdeen beat Hearts at home. Hearts beat Aberdeen at home. This was just a continuation of that. Just.

Toys out the pram a little bit.

You'd have been better saying nothing.

• Upvote 3

Aye we didn't play well today, just as well for your lot I think.

Pity that part of that was due to your anti football tactics. Fucking desperate stuff that.

Not our best performance but apart from a ten min spell sparked by a goal out of nothing including a lucky break of the ball hearts showed fuck all and we were comfortably the better team.

Usual agricultural stuff from hearts.

One thing that stood out though, wright offered nothing. Sadly not good enough. Everyone else looking decent and Ojo ran the midfield.

Really positive signs for the season ahead without being at our best

But by even mentioning the injured players and those not at 100% in the first place that is making excuses no? We had just as many unavailable players and those at less than 100% as Hearts did. Most would say Bryson is our star summer signing and he didn't play.

But you're right about one thing home advantage seems to be significant in this particular fixture recently. That's the 4th time on the trot we've beaten Hearts at Pittodrie (and no defeats in 7 against them up here now) but we've lost on our last 3 visits to Tynecastle. Hopefully we put that right on our next visit there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1