dont buy this players taking time to settle in the sevco have signed umpteen new players and have it the ground running

To be fair the odds of Sevco's new players hitting the ground running are always going to be higher as they are able to sign better quality players than we can afford.

Hearts hit the ground running last season and were 13 points ahead of us in October yet they ended up finishing 16 points behind us.

We've been poor in recent games but I think it's a bit too early to be losing our shit. But no doubt we need to improve and I'm confident we will.

If you're having to integrate 8 or 9 players into the squad it'll never be that easy, it takes time to gel and until we do you'll always get polar opposites performance wise. What do you suggest to make us more prepared? They can't start back any earlier than they do already

The players are more than ready.

The manager is to blame ultimately.

He's made us predictable. He's over cautious and inhibits the players. Some of the signings aren't of the requisite quality.

• Upvote 1

The players are more than ready.

The manager is to blame ultimately.

He's made us predictable. He's over cautious and inhibits the players. Some of the signings aren't of the requisite quality.

This. Ojo is a step down from both the snake and Shinnie. Gallacher's a fucking headless chicken. Hedges looks good when he's given space but we all know that isn't going to happen in the SPL. Jury's out on Wilson. I've no idea why he doesn't start him.

We badly missed Ferguson today. 

how we going to improve the formation is predictable and teams can work that out, i think mckenna situation its toxic and his performance level has dropped dramatically

Ideally we would sell McKenna now and use some of the fee to improve a few areas of the team.

Unfortunately the English window is now closed. Doesn't seem to be any interest from overseas. So Celtic are the only likely destination this window. They'll lowball us so the club will likely try and manage the McKenna situation til January

Also, we're out of Europe so the budget is unlikely to be increased.

I think we'll see a couple of loans out and a couple of loans in before the window closes

how we going to improve the formation is predictable and teams can work that out, i think mckenna situation its toxic and his performance level has dropped dramatically

Can't help you with the formation though. He's clearly not going to change that now.

He tried 3 at the back a couple of times before and it backfired spectacularly. I think he's scared to change now.

Best we can hope for is that he loans someone in who clicks in the position behind the striker, similar to Christie did.

To be fair the odds of Sevco's new players hitting the ground running are always going to be higher as they are able to sign better quality players than we can afford.

Hearts hit the ground running last season and were 13 points ahead of us in October yet they ended up finishing 16 points behind us.

We've been poor in recent games but I think it's a bit too early to be losing our shit. But no doubt we need to improve and I'm confident we will.

Exactly this.
  • Downvote 1

Can't help you with the formation though. He's clearly not going to change that now.

He tried 3 at the back a couple of times before and it backfired spectacularly. I think he's scared to change now.

Best we can hope for is that he loans someone in who clicks in the position behind the striker, similar to Christie did.

At least until he’s confident the new signings can play a different way or what system gets the best out of them.
  • Downvote 1

Aye let's just wait until we're out of Europe, out of the league Cup and mid table in the league before we worry about whether the team is going to be good enough because its early in the season and we need to lay off them and give them a chance to gel.

Worry away then, piss your pants every minute of the day about it if makes you feel better.
  • Downvote 1

McKenna quite obviously wants to be elsewhere. It's too much of a coincidence that after a couple of very good performances against (an admittedly shite) Chikhura and (a not as bad as some make out) Hearts that we have suddenly turned to dogshit.

England is out as an option for him to go to for 6 months. I'd say it's unlikely a European team will be bidding for him any time soon. So if the Dhim's come in do we sell? Sadly I think we have to. But only for a straight cash deal. No Hendry and/or Hayes thrown in as makeweights. And only for £5million. If they don't bid that much then punt him into the reserves for a few weeks. Vyner supposedly prefers central defence.....he wasn't great at right back against S'murn but only Ferguson and Consi got pass marks in that game. 

If we do get the right deal then we need a proper right back to replace Logan. And a decent centre half obviously....Kerr at St J seems to be most fans' choice. Those 2 might cost around £750k or so. I'd hope Wiggy pushes the boat out and lets us get in a proper number 10. McGinn is just too inconsistent these days. Should still leave the thick end of £4million to kickstart the funding for the new stadium.

McKenna quite obviously wants to be elsewhere. It's too much of a coincidence that after a couple of very good performances against (an admittedly shite) Chikhura and (a not as bad as some make out) Hearts that we have suddenly turned to dogshit.

England is out as an option for him to go to for 6 months. I'd say it's unlikely a European team will be bidding for him any time soon. So if the Dhim's come in do we sell? Sadly I think we have to. But only for a straight cash deal. No Hendry and/or Hayes thrown in as makeweights. And only for £5million. If they don't bid that much then punt him into the reserves for a few weeks. Vyner supposedly prefers central defence.....he wasn't great at right back against S'murn but only Ferguson and Consi got pass marks in that game.

If we do get the right deal then we need a proper right back to replace Logan. And a decent centre half obviously....Kerr at St J seems to be most fans' choice. Those 2 might cost around £750k or so. I'd hope Wiggy pushes the boat out and lets us get in a proper number 10. McGinn is just too inconsistent these days. Should still leave the thick end of £4million to kickstart the funding for the new stadium.

Not a chance that Celtic will offer 5million for McKenna. 1.5 absolute max with maybe Hayes. And you know what , I would be tempted to take it...

You’re right mate, we should just give up supporting the dons just in case things get difficult for us.

Fucking snowflake.

Aha playing the man not the argument, then address the following points from a concerned snowflake

1) 20-30 goal scoring reduction in previous 2 seasons which is combined with a decline in the quality of football, why  ?

2)  Mcinnes signings in last few seasons have been largely very poor, why is this ?

3) European performances have largely been below par, why is this ? We should have qualified for group stages at least once in my opinion

4) Are we on a downward trajectory ? If so why ?

Why do we accept mediocrity  ?

• Upvote 2