Your favourite hotel stories

Poodler

Can’t even be bothered looking back to tell if I I have said this story and as ridiculous as it may seem I woke up to my roommate pishing against a wall and literally through the tv out the window. Clearly I went back to sleep.

Strange thing is he’s nae some mental Keith Richards out on his face on cocaine, pretty calm guy. 

Got woken up By hotel staff and was like for fuck sake what has happened here. Almost certain we are banned from that hotel chain.

34 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Savoy on STV just now. Interesting. We stayed at the Dorchester, the Savoy and the Ritz 2016-2018. We always have a weekend at least per year in London and decided to see how the other half live. Never again at the Ritz, Dorchester's China Tang was a redeemer but too Arab a clientele for me but the Savoy was very good, Gordon Ramsay's Grill being off the planet good and surprisingly affordable.

Product and service. That's all that matters in their industry. Interesting experiment but not convinced it's worth the prices, certainly no way in two of those three. 

I’m watching it as well. Why’s it all faggots? 

14 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Sleep-pissing was discussed on here a while back. Turns out its fairly common. Alcohol always the reason. Always funny, unless youre getting pished on (not me)

Only sleep walked once in my life, hotel in London in 96, eve of the Scotland England game, pissed out of my mind, made it out of the room and down the corridor, bollock naked, woken by fellow random guests, took ages to remember my room number. Mates in the room were comatose but one answered the door eventually. Think my mind was in overdrive, looking forward to the day to come, actually woke feeling ok and went to a famous cafe in Earls court for the builders breakfast, great day was had. I'm sure the people who found me have regaled the tale many a time, weird feeling for me. Got slagged to fuck for it but hey ho, story to tell the kids.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I only pissed in rooms after aniseed i.e. Pernod, Ouzo etc. Woke my wife up once in a hotel in northern France over 30 years ago by pissing on her feet. I'd had a few Ricards. It was probably only then that I worked out the aniseed correlation. The first time was late 70's when I pissed on my 3-in-1 music centre thing (radio, records, tape deck) in my bedroom and killed it. I'd been on Pernod for the first time. 

Rooms plural? Good work. 

Ive done it once (that im aware of) No memory of it. Woke the missus up with the thundering sound of my pish bouncing off the wooden floor of our bedroom in our old flat years ago. She asked me wtf was i doing, i mumbled something, carried on power washing the floor and got back into bed. She got up and cleaned it. Angel. Fucking raging the next day she was. Drama queen. 

As 17yr olds me and my pals would drive up to Aviemore for the weekend to get fucked up. 4 to a chalet, bunkbeds. I was top bunk and woke up to my pal pishing on the lad in the bunk below me ‘Ritchie wtf you doing’ no response so i fell asleep. A lot of accusations and handbags the next morning. Boy was soaked and honking and the accused went apeshit at the accusations which he had no memory of. Hilarious. Another pal would sometimes pish on the hifi in the bedroom which he shared with his bro who would tell us, and if staying in a hotel, he would sleep-pish in the cupboard in the room. Must be a young mans game tbf.

40 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Only sleep walked once in my life, hotel in London in 96, eve of the Scotland England game, pissed out of my mind, made it out of the room and down the corridor, bollock naked, woken by fellow random guests, took ages to remember my room number. Mates in the room were comatose but one answered the door eventually. Think my mind was in overdrive, looking forward to the day to come, actually woke feeling ok and went to a famous cafe in Earls court for the builders breakfast, great day was had. I'm sure the people who found me have regaled the tale many a time, weird feeling for me. Got slagged to fuck for it but hey ho, story to tell the kids.

Know a few guys who where down for that Dayts. They where possibly in your company. Many tales of aggro with Forest/Boro et al in London. 

I was 16 so we watched braveheart for the first time before the game, smashed, then into town to find english cunts after. Some retard with an england top on getting battered on belmont st (not by us) my only memory. FREEDOM

9 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Know a few guys who where down for that Dayts. They where possibly in your company. Many tales of aggro with Forest/Boro et al in London. 

I was 16 so we watched braveheart for the first time before the game, smashed, then into town to find english cunts after. Some retard with an england top on getting battered on belmont st (not by us) my only memory. FREEDOM

10am to 8pm was non stop fighting, english bark was worse than the bite, we took the piss most of the day. Rare occasion I was proud to be Scottish. We eventually got put on a tube to get us away from the centre, tough gig getting back to hotel, was miles away. Great day though, best of times.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's Ricard. No. 51 on the bottle if I mind right. Fine at the time. Bizarre consequences and price to be paid in my case. Only ever have one or two these days. Had a great sesh in a Loire Valley pub for France 4, South Africa 0, the opening game of 98. Nae cunt spoke to me the whole of the first half. I ordered a whisky at HT and we got talking. By the end we were all drinking it, from bottle un, deux, trois, quatre, cinque from the right on the top shelf. They thought it funny how I identified it (Macallan, I think). We celebrated their win until 2 in the morning. Fucking great laff. 

Aye thats the stuff. Easy to drink, superbly mangled after a few hours washing down beers with that shit.

I worked in the Loire Valley for a few years. I stayed in Sancerre. Between there and up north on the Belgium border, Valenciennes. 

Vam Vallourec (o&g) were based in Cosne cours sur Loire and Valenciennes. Result.

Loved it. Stood out like a sore thumb being the only guy in the bars drinking pints (if they had the glassware) folk nodding over to me and smiling ‘brittanique’  No Ecossais. Good ice breaker. Always got me a few whiskies bought. 

Disappointed at the lack of anyone really giving a fuck about fitba tho. 

Eric Black/Gary Smith/Kombuare/Mo Johnston/John Collins/ even Chris Waddle/Cascarino, no cunt had a clue who i was on about.  

Jean Pierre Papin/ZZ/Cantona and the 98 team. That did the job. 

And Eric Delamoux. 

Tidy bitches. And a healthy contempt for the English. 

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Immediately after leaving you guys Dayts, I dived into a restaurant, ordered a beer, bottle of red and lamb shanks. I was on my own - was meeting my brother and his quine later - wearing my kilt (don't ask) and before my beer was finished, another beer arrived courtesy of the locals. And another. Finished my food and still had 5/6ths of my bottle of wine left. Went to the bar, paid my bill, bought the guys back a drink, exited the bar with bottle and wine glass.

Got stopped in the street by a couple with their fucking gorgeous young daughter (16 ish). They just wanted to know if we liked their city, as they all did. Spoke to them for at least half an hour, probably 40/45 minutes and tanned the whole bottle. They got a great impression of Aberdeen. Lovely people, intelligent and fine conversationalists (it was 50/50 French/English) drink like fucking maniacs, resist temptations to rape. They had no idea what I was thinking!

A perfect night was topped off for one tall kilt snogging a very tall gorgeous Norwegian in the after-match village thing. I was gassed. We pitched a tent in the main square which my brother had in their car but we couldn't do it at 3 am so it was just a sleeping bag for them and I crashed on the deck. Brilliant times. 

Was a brilliant day, we hung about Bordeaux for a few more days before heading back to Paris, Bordeaux was amazing.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ahh, right. Different to the place I was thinking of which was also in Earls Court ,but last time I was there was about 25 years ago.

I was with a London based guy, just remember coming out of Earls Court station crossing the road and going into a greasy spoon place, was told it was famous, looked a dump but food was sublime. I've worked a lot in the midlands in my days as well, used to have such great cafes, something that's never really caught on up here. Can't beat a big fry up and mug of tea. Maybe a niche for someone, I'd go.