Scotland vs Russia/Belgium

Haha Ive always thought that. even when he was at Caley.  :hysterical:

How does a guy like Charlie Mulgrew still represent the National team? Utter dross. Even when he was good he was shite. He peaked as a player about ten years ago. 

Another thing,  I thought Marshall's save from that header into the ground was incredible .  Davie Provan  (in that fucking dull voice)  "decent height for marshall'

I hate Provan.

Provan is a wanker.

Notice his biased enthusiasm any time a Celtic player does something with the ball.

Hate the cunt.

McBurnie and O’Donnell were laughably shite last night. The rest were just the normal amount of shite.

They were the worst of a bad lot, just shows you how mental the EPL is when somebody pays 20m for Mcburnie, I wouldn't swap him for big Sam. Mulgrew still playing for Scotland is laughable, he was slow when he was 20. I thought the guy Cooper looked out of his depth also. Also Robertson just isn't the same player in a Scotland jersey a lot more defensive responsibility and he is found wanting. I just saw very little difference between Clarkes Scotland or Mcleishs or Strachans teams. Problem is these dull Scottish coaches are all singing from the same Hymn book. When we went 1-0 up we should have been going for a 2nd instead we retreated into our shell and dug in , the 2 wingers sat in front of the full backs and encouraged Russia into the game. Russia then began to dominate possession and the goals came and should really have been 4 or 5. We have seen it with Mcinnes at Aberdeen these coaches lack the imagination to do anything but go safety first

They were the worst of a bad lot, just shows you how mental the EPL is when somebody pays 20m for Mcburnie, I wouldn't swap him for big Sam. Mulgrew still playing for Scotland is laughable, he was slow when he was 20. I thought the guy Cooper looked out of his depth also. Also Robertson just isn't the same player in a Scotland jersey a lot more defensive responsibility and he is found wanting. I just saw very little difference between Clarkes Scotland or Mcleishs or Strachans teams. Problem is these dull Scottish coaches are all singing from the same Hymn book. When we went 1-0 up we should have been going for a 2nd instead we retreated into our shell and dug in , the 2 wingers sat in front of the full backs and encouraged Russia into the game. Russia then began to dominate possession and the goals came and should really have been 4 or 5. We have seen it with Mcinnes at Aberdeen these coaches lack the imagination to do anything but go safety first

Clarke must have called up Mcinnes and asked his advice. Derek can you help ------- Yes Clarke just play the same way as my Aberdeen team you will win.!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Scotland players Looked half asleep before the match going through their keep fit excercises on STV.
  • Downvote 1

Tbf Clarke sounds like he isn’t happy with them sitting so deep. So don’t think it was his tactics that caused them to start dropping so deep.

Actually thought Mulgrew had decent game.

O’Donnell isn’t an international player.

Thought Mcburnie started well enough but he’s not worth that kind of money. He’s never really convinced me he should be Scotland’s main striker.

Tbf Clarke sounds like he isn’t happy with them sitting so deep. So don’t think it was his tactics that caused them to start dropping so deep.

Actually thought Mulgrew had decent game.

O’Donnell isn’t an international player.

Thought Mcburnie started well enough but he’s not worth that kind of money. He’s never really convinced me he should be Scotland’s main striker.

Honestly, Mulgrew has vastly overachieved for a player of his ability. Should never be near the Scotland squad. O'Donnell is a horrific footballer. He wouldn't even make the Aberdeen side. McBurnie is one of the worst strikers I've seen play for Scotland. Depressing stuff. Though Cooper was arguably the worst of the bunch. He constantly gave the ball away through strays passes and poor touches. The Scotland national side has been an embarrassment for 20 odd years. Clarke isn't going to be a success because he simply doesn't have the players to work with. Thats very possibly the worst Scotland side I've ever seen us assemble. There's absolutely no defending that crap.

Not sure I agree, I actually Mulgrew is quite a good technical player. Think he hasn’t achieved what he could cos he’s slow.

Actually think the team is one of the better ones we’ve had in last five years. Players playing in premiership or top championship teams rather than lower end champ teams.

Robertson, McGinn, Mctominay, Fraser all first choice at relatively decent (in some cases) Prem teams. Cooper playing good level.

Forrest and McGregor good performers as well.

Think the team is one of the better ones we’ve had recently.

Just absolutely zero self belief.

Not sure I agree, I actually Mulgrew is quite a good technical player. Think he hasn’t achieved what he could cos he’s slow.

Actually think the team is one of the better ones we’ve had in last five years. Players playing in premiership or top championship teams rather than lower end champ teams.

Robertson, McGinn, Mctominay, Fraser all first choice at relatively decent (in some cases) Prem teams. Cooper playing good level.

Forrest and McGregor good performers as well.

Think the team is one of the better ones we’ve had recently.

Just absolutely zero self belief.

Yep. I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

• Downvote 1

Clarke needs time and patience if he's going to have any chance of turning this around, but I disagree with the idea that we simply don't have the players; Michael O'Neill has worked wonders at NI with a weaker squad and I'd argue the recent teams from Iceland, Hungry etc. are no better than ours.

If Clarke gets the best out of them, we will be in contention for the playoffs and WC 2022 qualification. That is, of course, a big if.

So the right back situation, what the fuck are the options?

Go back to Hutton or Bardsley? Both 34 and not getting games at the moment (Hutton not even got a club) but if would they be any worse than the Kilmarnock lad?

Jack? I think he's pish at RB tbh.

Whittaker? Does he even still play?

Anya? Shite mostly.

Do guys like Tavernier or Logan qualify through naturalisation? Tbh neither can defend that well either anyway.

Move a CB or LB over?

Patterson?

It's dismal really

Saw a thing in the Daily Ranger saying Tavernier is due to become eligible quite soon.

But I thought the ‘Home Nations’ had an agreement where they don’t use players under that rule.

I think it's about a year down the line before he becomes available on the residency rule. Logan might already qualify under that as I'm sure it's 5 years residency in the country you are then qualified for. Logan certainly would be a better option than O'Donnell but when Tavernier qualifies there's no doubt he would be a better option than Logan going on form over the past 2 years