Levein

Robbo not worth a shout Skins? Or is he your Willie Miller?

Robbo is my favourite player of all time. A legend. The Hammer of the Hibs. Our top goalscorer ever. I genuinely love the man. I just don't think he has the managerial ability or presence. I can't even picture him angry. And I sometimes think you can be too close to a club. The love is mutual. Look at Shearer at the Geordies. I dunno. I almost don't want to take the gamble he soils his legacy. But. If I knew he'd be successful, yeah.

I think we need a non Hearts man who is just a cold blooded good manager.

Plus, Keane is capable of blowing the roof off Scottish football corruption on a national level. I say go for it.

I think it's telling all the comments are about how hard a guy he is. None about him being a decent manager. Again, think it's a nonsense rumour anyway. But we had Levein and believe me, he was a hard man. Ask 6ft3 Graeme Hogg. Levein broke his nose AND cheek bone. With one punch. Using his weak hand.

I think Keane plays on it now too. Oooohh. Looking moody and talking down Gary Neville.

I want a good manager. Not an MMA lunatic.

I think it's telling all the comments are about how hard a guy he is. None about him being a decent manager. Again, think it's a nonsense rumour anyway. But we had Levein and believe me, he was a hard man. Ask 6ft3 Graeme Hogg. Levein broke his nose AND cheek bone. With one punch. Using his weak hand.

I think Keane plays on it now too. Oooohh. Looking moody and talking down Gary Neville.

He did fine at Sunderland. His Ipswich record wasn't as bad as made out either.

Tons of experience as an assistant under O'Neill too.

Breaking

Hearing Robinson at Motherwell is def our preferred no.1 choice. We don't want to drag this out. We're long term admirers. We like what he's done on limited resources and bringing youth through. And we're encouraged knowing there's a release clause of £120k so Motherwell couldn't prevent it happening. Also expecting Hibs to be in market soon and worried he'd go there if we delay. Think this will nice quickly now.

Well, to be fair, this is an Aberdeen forum... so we're not overly bothered if Hearts get a 'good' manager or not. We're more concerned about entertainment value. 

Scottish football isn't overly complicated or high level... any half decent manager should flourish here. 

This might even be a good level for Keane. 

Glenn Whelan. Probably my favourite player just now. And I'm atheist.

Sorry. You'll need to go looking somewhere else to fan your victim agenda. And still fuckin don't like or want Keane.

Victim agenda? I'm neither Irish nor Catholic so not sure what you're on about? You claimed Keane managing Hearts was akin to McCoist managing us, as if he was a hate figure for your support? I could only think it was because he's Irish and you're support are union jack waving diet huns. What other relevance would Keane have to hearts, what's the connection that would elicit such dislike?

Hibs will go for Jack Ross won't they?

No chance of him going to Hearts due to pumping a physio, allegedly?

I heard a couple of weeks back that this was a goer. Ross to Hibs. Ross still rated in Scotland but Sunderland means his stock is non existent in England. He'd be a good appointment for you guys actually. I rate him.

Levein sacked him. Budge hangs on Levein's every word, still. Levein will be here til the summer. We're not going for Ross. Hibs might.

I heard a couple of weeks back that this was a goer. Ross to Hibs. Ross still rated in Scotland but Sunderland means his stock is non existent in England. He'd be a good appointment for you guys actually. I rate him.

Levein sacked him. Budge hangs on Levein's every word, still. Levein will be here til the summer. We're not going for Ross. Hibs might.

Same thing happened with McInnes. although his stock is plummeting fast here too now. 

Ross has a lot to prove. He's never managed a top flight game in Scotland. For what it's worth I'd prefer Robinson too.

Robinson would be a sensible appointment. Knows how to get the most out of a limited budget.

Keane would want (and need) an astronomical transfer budget to be successful. Even if he was indulged, I think a lot of his targets would say "No thanks....it's Scotland" anyway. It might work with Celtic but not a provincial club.

Shelley Kerr? I'll stick my neck out right now and say that a club will take a chance on her eventually (love Abba) and that club will be St Mirren

That clip used to be on Youtube. Is it still available? Was a friendly game if I recall and they both got sent off? A fucking belter of a punch from Levein.

I looked for it recently and couldn't find it. It used to be on there. Was a friendly at Raith Rovers.

The sad thing about Levein generally was the career he was on track for. Scottish YPOTY. Rumoured accepted bids by Spurs AND Man U of £850k. He was quick. Composed. Hard as fuck. And a good reader of the game. He genuinely could have been another Hansen if he'd moved south, stayed fit and kicked on with better players. Possibly would have been the best Hearts player of my generation. It must be hard for him and I think he's carried that through his life and ultimately he'll finish his playing and managerial career with nothing.

He also had the rumours of bottling Dens Park and that some players like Mackay never really forgave him for that.

I'm glad he's gone but it's a sad story overall as a Hearts fan. I know uncles of the youth players. He was unusually emotional today addressing them. I think he knows this is likely the end of him in football. Not just Hearts.

I looked for it recently and couldn't find it. It used to be on there. Was a friendly at Raith Rovers.

The sad thing about Levein generally was the career he was on track for. Scottish YPOTY. Rumoured accepted bids by Spurs AND Man U of £850k. He was quick. Composed. Hard as fuck. And a good reader of the game. He genuinely could have been another Hansen if he'd moved south, stayed fit and kicked on with better players. Possibly would have been the best Hearts player of my generation. It must be hard for him and I think he's carried that through his life and ultimately he'll finish his playing and managerial career with nothing.

He also had the rumours of bottling Dens Park and that some players like Mackay never really forgave him for that.

I'm glad he's gone but it's a sad story overall as a Hearts fan. I know uncles of the youth players. He was unusually emotional today addressing them. I think he knows this is likely the end of him in football. Not just Hearts.

DX67_DhXkAAFYZL.jpg

• Upvote 1