Scotland squad

And this is the fault of our manager and his very own definition of insanity in trying the same old tactics against the Dhims,

And failing.

Time & again.

Get in their fucking faces from minute 1 & don’t get out of their face until you’re walking off the park.

If you lose having a go, folk would be more accepting.

This lying down shite has to stop.

Call Brown a Fife mong, stand on his toes, foul him, wind him up, whatever it takes.

What was your previous moniker on here?

Your aggressive tone with a threat of latent violence sounds familiar

Guest the shepherd

You're wrong

He backed off and tied himself in knots, again

He is a fucking donkey

Scott McKenna was left completely exposed by the non-existent backtracking midfield for their goal, so he was left with three options; wipe the Kazakh lad out and take one for the team, dive in with the hope of winning the ball cleanly, or back off and try to narrow the angle (which he tried in vain). To be fair, the boy finished off brilliantly.

Defending is a collective team effort not just down to one solitary individual.

Those are the “games” I’d play with Brown as he hasn’t got the brains to see through it.

Would you rather we put our slippers on as usual & let them walk through us?

Fair enough.

Much as it pains me to admit Brown is a better player than you give him credit for. 100% face him up. And here’s a thought let’s do it when he takes the ball from Forster in his box, not waiting till he arrives in ours. Press yes. But chase him over the field like a Jack Russell with a ball? No. Because here’s the thing. That’s what he’s trying to do and better teams than us are falling for it. Distort our shape, rotate their diamond into the gaps and exploit them ruthlessly. And it would be churlish not to admit they’re fucking good at it.

In fairness McInnes has tried sitting deep and being disciplined to address it. But it hasn’t worked. He has to try something else. To my unqualified eye a higher press had to be worth the try. Inevitable gamble though it is.

I find it interesting that people can be so critical of our performances against Celtic. It feels odd to have to point out that their budget is significantly larger and their players much better.

It's the manner of our defeats though. We're barely even in the game against them. We get battered time and again. We stand off, watch them play and barely compete.

Then we see other teams (who are worse and have lesser resources than us) get in the faces of Celtic, given them a game and get a result.

It's pretty obvious why people would be frustrated.

I find it interesting that people can be so critical of our performances against Celtic. It feels odd to have to point out that their budget is significantly larger and their players much better.

Celtic and The Rangers have both spent 7 million each on a player over the past two summers. Thats the strongest Celtic side I've seen in a long time. The gulf in resources shows. Celtic have already thumped St johnstone 7-0. Motherwell 5-2. Ross County 6-0. Hibs 5-2. They are above and beyond rest of the league including The Rangers.

• Upvote 1

This has always been the case. But we used to get stuck in and have a go. We'd usually lose.... but these days we stand off them then get pumped. Then the next game comes along and we do it again. And again. It never works... but then we give it one more try. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe our current crop is a little weaker than previous seasons, and maybe their current team is just frickin good. The fact that Rangers and Celtic both deservedly top* their Europa League groups should be an indicator of the gulf in class.

We shouldn't really judge us by our performances against those two. Rather, just look at how we've outstripped our peers in the last few years.

* Rangers are joint top

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Maybe our current crop is a little weaker than previous seasons, and maybe their current team is just frickin good. The fact that Rangers and Celtic both deservedly top* their Europa League groups should be an indicator of the gulf in class.

We shouldn't really judge us by our performances against those two. Rather, just look at how we've outstripped our peers in the last few years.

* Rangers are joint top

Of course we should be judged on our performances against them. We shouldn't be judged on results, possibly, but we should definitely be putting up a better performance against both Glasgow sides than we have. I don't think anyone expects us to dominate in these games, but at least look like we're trying to get a positive result from the game. We've been absolutely shocking in almost every game vs Celtic for several years now. We were tactically inept in those games and got completely overran, whilst letting their CBs waltz through our midfield like that guy from the Bible with the stick, Noah or Jesus or something through the Nile, or Red Sea or wherever.  

The thing is....we also use the same tactics against sevco. And last season it worked more often than not.

I don't think it's the tactics at fault so much as the mindset. Too many of our players walk on the park with the belief that we can't beat Celtic. Until that changes...we won't

• Downvote 1

* Rangers are joint top

It’s also why I’ve said we’re more likely to see a return putting a little more emphasis on euro group qualification. What you state about resources is correct. What others say about “in their faces” one off games is equally correct. Yes if it’s the cup we might then see a reward but league wise we could spend twice our budget and come handsomely third. But we’d still be third.

* Rangers are joint top

Frickin.... 

I'm not having that though. Even with the frickin.

We used to put in half decent performances and sometimes get results against Celtic teams with Larsson, Sutton, Petrov, Mjallby etc etc............ while rocked up with the Young brothers and Jamie Mcallister.

At least put a foot in. Don't just stand, watch them play and let them beat you.

• Upvote 1

* Rangers are joint top

If the clubs aim is to compete and challenge with them then of course we should be judged on how we play against them.

Folk know that.

Folk accept it.

What folk won’t accept is the manner of the defeats.

Especially at Pittodrie.

It’s understandable & “acceptable” to lose to them if we give them a good game & be aggressive with them.

We’re rarely that, even at home.

• Upvote 1