Ronald Hernández

The lack of not seeing your family especially when playing so far from home would play on a young guys mind, but he did sign for Stabæk in 2017, he's been far from home for years.
I would love us to recoup the spunked money, I can't see how unless some South American team is willing to pay us what we paid, given he wants to be able to go home more, if thats the real reason.

36 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

The deal stinks.

if he goes to Atlanta i'll understand it all. They are only allowed 8 foreign players at a time so he came to the Dons to wait for a bitty. Covid hit everything went wrong (eg players didnt leave atlanta) and he's needed to hang on for a whole year in Aberdeen.

If he goes somewhere other than Atlanta i'll be totally baffled. 

Selling Jon Gallagher the other day (for $225k by the way) creates one foreign player spot at Atlanta. 

34 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Just doesn't make any sense, if he came here with the thinking of selling him to Atalanta, then why not give him a chance and to keep match fit by playing him, if he is that bad in training why would Atalanta or any other team pay nearly £1m for him, it's all very strange and even stranger if he goes elsewhere as pointed out above.

I have a feeling it's not that he is shyte. Venezuela are the Scotland of South America but 17 caps says he knows how to play a bit.

I think it's been his lack of physicality that has been his undoing. Just not suited to the rigours of the Scottish game. By not playing him, we don't risk him picking up a bad injury. The whole transfer stinks though....McInnes says there was at least one other club interested ( and still are) and I'd be amazed if it wasn't Atlanta. But who had no space at that point for him on their roster due to their quotas (entirely different from our quota) so  we get lumbered with him in a holding operation till there's room in Atlanta's squad, ( and preventing any other suitors from snapping him up)  then we offload him there for what we paid and maybe an extra £100k on top for our trouble. 

To be fair, I was expecting about a 75% hit on his transfer fee so just getting it back is a huge bonus

11 hours ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Where are we getting £850K to spunk on a player and not even give him the chance, agreed, this is a bit weird.

The financial report for yesterday’s AGM states that an investment from an existing director of £1m was made on Feb 2nd, the day we signed Ronnie. Crotty, or one of the Atlanta guys you would think. 

So, clearly, we were a “holding club” for the player, until Atlanta freed up an international space on their books for him, which they now have with Gallagher going. The plan was probably to utilise the guy for this period. Until we found out he wa shit.

So I’d expect to see an outgoing payment of £1m on Jan 1st, on next years financial report.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Tord31 said:

if he goes to Atlanta i'll understand it all. They are only allowed 8 foreign players at a time so he came to the Dons to wait for a bitty. Covid hit everything went wrong (eg players didnt leave atlanta) and he's needed to hang on for a whole year in Aberdeen.

If he goes somewhere other than Atlanta i'll be totally baffled. 

Selling Jon Gallagher the other day (for $225k by the way) creates one foreign player spot at Atlanta. 

I had, once he was not playing for us, assumed it was atlanta that had fronted the cash to get him and we were sniding him for them.

If, this is the case, McInnes will be owed some apologies from the window licking element in our support

• Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

I had, once he was not playing for us, assumed it was atlanta that had fronted the cash to get him and we were sniding him for them.

If, this is the case, McInnes will be owed some apologies from the window licking element in our support

If that is the case McInnes lied through his teeth when we signed him so deserves fuck all in the way of an apology.

40 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

If it is the case that we signed him for Atlanta then do you not think they would want him to be playing.

If that is a yes then they must be extremely worried he can't get into our side.

It's not like he is getting dropped now and again but not even getting 5 mins at the end of a game.

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

If it is the case that we signed him for Atlanta then do you not think they would want him to be playing.

If that is a yes then they must be extremely worried he can't get into our side.

It's not like he is getting dropped now and again but not even getting 5 mins at the end of a game.

Not necessarily. Especially if they know he's only a few weeks away from joining them. Play him now....even if only for 4 or 5 minutes as a time wasting substitution...and you risk him copping a broken leg or a snapped cruciate. 

3 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Why not just say that’s what the plan was initially, instead of making up some daft cover stories?

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Because then you get asked uncomfortable questions about feeder arrangements, third party ownership etc. 

Yup get that.  So you buy him for an undisclosed sum and occasionally give sound bites like doing well in training and keeping sharp etc.  You don’t say we’ve got a 850k player but we’re playing Funso Ojo and Shay Logan in front of him, just cos we can, please don’t ask us why.

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yup get that.  So you buy him for an undisclosed sum and occasionally give sound bites like doing well in training and keeping sharp etc.  You don’t say we’ve got a 850k player but we’re playing Funso Ojo and Shay Logan in front of him, just cos we can, please don’t ask us why.

Aye I know. There's holes everywhere you look in this story 

19 hours ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Just doesn't make any sense, if he came here with the thinking of selling him to Atalanta, then why not give him a chance and to keep match fit by playing him, if he is that bad in training why would Atalanta or any other team pay nearly £1m for him, it's all very strange and even stranger if he goes elsewhere as pointed out above.

They play in Italy fella, not the MLS.

Surely no one wants him getting hurt...

5 hours ago, Joe pike said:

And he fucks a knee or an achilles tendon and then what...

• 2 weeks later...