Coronavirus

Henry

I said it during the lockdown earlier in the year,  I think the big supermarkets should be hit with some kind of windfall tax to help cover the cost of furlough.  They're execs and shareholders must be the only folk making money during this shit show.  I'm sure I read a few weeks back that their profits were through the roof this year,  at the expense of hospitality. 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

I said it during the lockdown earlier in the year,  I think the big supermarkets should be hit with some kind of windfall tax to help cover the cost of furlough.  They're execs and shareholders must be the only folk making money during this shit show.  I'm sure I read a few weeks back that their profits were through the roof this year,  at the expense of hospitality. 

If only we could apply the same to Amazon, Jeff Bezos creaming it in ?

She can’t justify a lockdown like England are doing with the numbers the way they are in many places in Scotland. Especially as the numbers are going down in many places.  People need to keep a level head here. Whatever happens it won’t be forever guys, you need to hold on to that for your mental well-being. Most importantly crack a fucking beer, it’s Saturday night.

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I don't think she has ever denied favouring a lockdown had the funds been there. Fingers crossed she gives the tiers an opportunity to work.

Well this is the other side of it. Shes going to look a bit daft of she changes her mind now. 

Depressing 

Just now, daytripping said:

Lot of folk on furlough were laid off last week, how will this extension work, will they get taken back on the books for another Month or will ties be cut already? Pretty poor timing leaving the extension announcement so late in the day.

Shambolic