Coronavirus

Henry

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Lot of folk on furlough were laid off last week, how will this extension work, will they get taken back on the books for another Month or will ties be cut already? Pretty poor timing leaving the extension announcement so late in the day.

Absolute fucking joke. They'll say people can be rehired but the employers will still have to find the wonga to pay the wages in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Lot of folk on furlough were laid off last week, how will this extension work, will they get taken back on the books for another Month or will ties be cut already? Pretty poor timing leaving the extension announcement so late in the day.

All opposition parties have been pushing the government to extend furlough for some time now. But Bojo's Tories wait hours before the scheme ends before extending and like you say many employers have been forced to pay off staff because of the uncertainty.

Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Amount o Vitamin D I absorb daily, I surely have nae chunce o being affected by this Corona pish?

Still waiting for 1st drop of rain to fall since I was repatriated in May.

Though I did see a cloud 3 wiks ago.  ?

5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Amount o Vitamin D I absorb daily, I surely have nae chunce o being affected by this Corona pish?

Still waiting for 1st drop of rain to fall since I was repatriated in May.

Though I did see a cloud 3 wiks ago.  ?

I'll come see you once covid is over.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

I assume that's you in lockdown? Only leaving the house for essential purposes? Given your PM has told you that and he's the one you listen to? 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I assume that's you in lockdown? Only leaving the house for essential purposes? Given your PM has told you that and he's the one you listen to? 

I'm a key worker, will be working as usual as I've done through this whole thing, will just be life as normal. The new normal.

Nicks will follow Boris anyway, she'll be livid this has caught her off guard, we'll get the Scottish version next week.

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

I'm a key worker, will be working as usual as I've done through this whole thing, will just be life as normal. The new normal.

Nicks will follow Boris anyway, she'll be livid this has caught her off guard, we'll get the Scottish version next week.

So your answer is "no" because you were talking nonsense previously. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, NEM said:

Avoid lockdown? We’ve been in lock down since March to varying degrees.

By what measure have we done pretty well? We’ve one of the highest death rates per head of population in Europe. Try not to use whatabouttery and England if you respond 

Did you not read what I said? Your reply doesn't relate to any of it. 

4 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Your reaps what you sows... I suppose. Won't all these restrictions get ignored anyway because the people know best?

I really believe that the governments's attitude to Covid back in February/March still has an impact on how people think today. It was t taken seriously at all and Boris Johnson was the poster boy for those who wanted to dismiss it. He was skipping cobra meetings, ducking off on holiday, telling everyone to carry on as normal and boasting about shaking hands with Covid patients. 

I think all that still has an impact on the way people view this. 

Are there seriously people who base their decisions on who is giving the orders? Probably a rhetorical question.

What a mess.

Of course there are. Pathetic stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You are crediting Johnson with too much influence. If anything the mistrust of politicians and the media, who are all still lying about this today, has made this even more of a fuck up than it needs to be. 

There will have to be reckoning at some point, we will have to say we're going to accept a level of deaths or else we are changing life forever and there is no point keeping pubs, gyms, soft plays, football clubs, airlines, hotels etc subsidised if they are going to cease to exist anyway. 

1 month lockdown, closing beer gardens, curfews, all completely pointless with no other strategy and if we're honest the way our country is track and trace is highly unlikely to be effective, people just cannot afford to take 2 weeks of work, potentially multiple times, just because they get a random phone call telling them to. 

It's becoming increasingly obvious that politicians and health professionals, certainly in Scotland, are aware that this is the way things will be for years. The 'Tier zero' thing spelt that out and Leitch was talking about it again yesterday. My only hope is AFC manage to win this Scottish Cup coz it'll be the last one for a few years. 

5 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Your reaps what you sows... I suppose. Won't all these restrictions get ignored anyway because the people know best? Are there seriously people who base their decisions on who is giving the orders? Probably a rhetorical question.

What a mess.

Can’t talk for anyone else but I’m basing my decision to ignore any restrictions (where I can) because we’ve been lied to and made a cunt of throughout. Im not hiding away from a disease most folk wouldn’t know they had if it wasn’t for a test which isn’t fit for purpose. A disease which has an average death rate 3 years higher than the average life expectancy.

Folk want to hide under their beds that’s up to them 

• Upvote 3