Coronavirus

Henry

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Well again as clearly stated but seems you seem to have lost the ability read it’s either because Bu men are off with Covid or on holiday of which I don’t know. But if you have an insight to Aberdeen City Council please let us know or are at least ask Darren Mackie for some reading tips

Can't help you Fridgeo,  I don't work for ACC.  I would guess there's a lot more refuse over the festive season,  but the same amount of uplifts? 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I think, and have been an advocate for, people of working age 16 to 64 (approx. 42 million) should be first in the queue to receive the vaccine. Priority should be given to health and care workers, teaching staff, and public transport workers, and thereafter to all other commercial and industrial employees. 

This would create a greater level of resistance and immunity within our society, and facilitate for the return of workers to their normal places of work, and for schools to return to normal as soon as possible (and remain open). 

If this policy was implemented properly and in a timely manner, less people would become allegedly ill with the virus and we wouldn't have to continue to listen to the propaganda we are being subjected to via the media on a daily basis anymore.

Halle-fucking-lujah!

At 3 million over 80s in the UK it will take 14 times as long to prioritise vaccinate 16 - 64 year olds. Factor in hospitalisation rates for over 80s compared to under 65s and NHS capacity. Then the knock on to non-emergency NHS treatments. Then factor in the moral, ethical and legal arguments for not prioritising highest risk categories.

Anyone found any public statistics about survival rates in ITU? 

I know informally that survival rates are lower now than at the last peak around April for those in ITU (regardless of past medical history)

It could be that patients were being intubated earlier then, whereas now they may stay on high flow supplementary oxygen for longer before being tubed. Or it may be the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Anyone found any public statistics about survival rates in ITU? 

I know informally that survival rates are lower now than at the last peak around April for those in ITU (regardless of past medical history)

It could be that patients were being intubated earlier then, whereas now they may stay on high flow supplementary oxygen for longer before being tubed. Or it may be the other way around. 

From RnR to the Covid Stat Man. 

Terrible year for old poodler. 

3 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Looks it to me, certainly in UK.

How so? Did I imagine all the infected and dead people in April-July? 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Why didn't it spread so much in summer but it's now spreading despite months of lockdowns in Autumn /winter? 

It did spread loads. Millions of people had it and about 60,000 folk died, despite hefty restrictions being in place. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

How so? Did I imagine all the infected and dead people in April-July? 

It did spread loads. Millions of people had it and about 60,000 folk died, despite hefty restrictions being in place. 

There was a tail in April from the initial wave / season.

The numbers of those requiring hospitalisation dropped massively during May to September. Do you think that is down to the measures of our shambolic governments?

It will never be eliminated (or close to being so), that was pie in the sky chat from Sturgeon, who took credit for a natural decline over summer.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

The numbers of those requiring hospitalisation dropped massively during May to September. Do you think that is down to the measures of our shambolic governments?

It will never be eliminated (or close to being so), that was pie in the sky chat from Sturgeon, who took credit for a natural decline over summer.

Yip it's farcical. Vaccine chat is stupidity as well. If it's already mutated to be vaccine resistant (South African strain) it'll just keep mutating, spreading and people will keep dying. Keeping us all cooped up and on the dole won't stop any of it. 

They've all completely lost the plot. By April/May we'll all be told that it, the worst is over then the panic will start again by October and it'll be lockdowns again. 

Fucking madness. 

6 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Evidence that a South African variant is more resistant to the vaccine. Only a matter of time before we will get this news about the U.K. strain. Or a super strain that’s completely resistant and that’ll be the whole thing fucked. We will be living like this for years to come. 

I've been saying it for months Studs. All we're doing is at best slowing it down but even that's debatable. 

15 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Yes. Us all being in our houses alone obviously stopped it being spread.

If it were solely seasonal, why are Southern Hemisphere countries experiencing huge case numbers currently, at the height of summer? 

I've no doubt it'll be worse in winter but to claim it's solely seasonal, doesn't seem to be accurate to me. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If it were solely seasonal, why are Southern Hemisphere countries experiencing huge case numbers currently, at the height of summer? 

Because they're third world shitholes with two exceptions.

For all the fuss and lockdowns in NSW and Vic, how many people are in intensive care?  0. 

Absolutely fuckin ridiculous

32 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yip it's farcical. Vaccine chat is stupidity as well. If it's already mutated to be vaccine resistant (South African strain) it'll just keep mutating, spreading and people will keep dying. Keeping us all cooped up and on the dole won't stop any of it. 

They've all completely lost the plot. By April/May we'll all be told that it, the worst is over then the panic will start again by October and it'll be lockdowns again. 

Fucking madness. 

It hasn’t mutated to he vaccine resistant in South Africa.