Coronavirus

Henry

49 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

That’s restrictions hitting here from Thursday 

Boozers and restaurants closed from 5pm (still nae bad for a daytime drinker) 

nae good. hopefully not a sign of things to vome

hoping the early second lockdown here means a free dpring\sumner

8 minutes ago, fatjim said:

Haven't posted since before first lockdown mainly because I only ever posted at work and have only been in the office one day since last march. can't be arsed reading all the pages of posts. So who are the ill informed ones believing bullshit from other ill informed fucktards about it being a hoax?

Alright Fatso me old china.

Hope you're keeping safe & well.

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Jason Leitch just said that if there were 4 vaccines left after vaccinating a care home that is one of the reasons for waste age.

Surely these would be given to somebody rather than waste them.

Surely you would invite 4 worthy souls to come to the care home to get them rather than waste them even if they had to get them outside

11 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Doesn't really feel like a lockdown. Shops heaving, tradesmen oot the door, cars zooming about everywhere, i was in Argos today.....a small return, is Argos essential? Childminders back working today being told no more than 6 different kids from 6 different households.  Loose fruit n veg getting heavily fingered. 

Its all majorly half arsed. Either do it properly for a few weeks....... Or just get the bloody pubs open and lets go for it. 

Argos inside Sainsburys now which is their get out of jail free card. Served me well during the first lockdown. 

I went to the bank today to make a small cash deposit, place was mobbed. 

2 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Shows the state of people’s mental health when 90% of workers in my department are opting to work in the office rather than at home. 

For folk who live alone I can see why they'd want back in the office.  I've quite enjoyed working from home once the initial problems with IT were overcome.

The flexibility is good and in quieter periods only working a few hours per day rather than being at the office for 8 just because you have to be there.

31 minutes ago, NEM said:

For folk who live alone I can see why they'd want back in the office.  I've quite enjoyed working from home once the initial problems with IT were overcome.

The flexibility is good and in quieter periods only working a few hours per day rather than being at the office for 8 just because you have to be there.

Offices are not required.

I get that some folk like interaction, and the banter/chat. Mentally happier interacting etc.

But the last 9 months has given companies the evidence that they could save fortunes on having big city centre type offices, provided an individual can fulfil all their work whilst at home.

This has changed the way office based folk will work for good. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Offices are not required.

I get that some folk like interaction, and the banter/chat. Mentally happier interacting etc.

But the last 9 months has given companies the evidence that they could save fortunes on having big city centre type offices, provided an individual can fulfil all their work whilst at home.

This has changed the way office based folk will work for good. 

Definitely.  Short term its a shame for the support businesses such as sandwich shops etc who rely on the office footfall.  Long term can see a lot of jobs being moved abroad to save cash if they can be done remotely.

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Definitely.  Short term its a shame for the support businesses such as sandwich shops etc who rely on the office footfall.  Long term can see a lot of jobs being moved abroad to save cash if they can be done remotely.

Offshoring work to India, Malaysia etc is already common place for admin type tasks.

City centres will be like ghost towns.

Offices closing or reducing in size, shops going tits up left, right & centre, & as you say, sandwich & coffee shops, largely reliant on office trade, will struggle. 

• Downvote 1
39 minutes ago, NEM said:

I’m far more productive in office than at home. Also lucky that 80% of people in my department are of similar age/way of thinking. I’ll probably opt to do a 50/50 split. Fuck staying home every day, will send my head rolling 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agreed. The doing of it is easier than the thought of it quite often.

Endorphins flowing, great for mental well being. 

Agree totally. Especially when you're out of the routine of going & you know the first one or two back at it will be tougher than the last time you went.

Im back at it this week (run yesterday am, home cycle this evening) and looking forward to getting back in the routine. I, like a lot of folk I imagine, got lazy last year (personally the gyms being shut was huge) and I'm the least fit I've been in quite a few years. 

Ive set some short term goals to keep me motivated when the weather is shite and some rewards planned for achieving them.