Coronavirus

Henry

On 3/25/2021 at 9:02 AM, manboobs109 said:

Llllllllllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggggg COVID!!

Does the vaccine prevent long covid? From what I’ve read, evidence is sketchy on that. The focus has been preventing serious illness / death. However, many folk with mild symptoms or even were asymptomatic have experienced long Covid.

Interestingly I’ve read some reports that long Covid sufferers have said they felt a bit better after taking the vaccine which, if true, would be a reason I’d take it. I’ve never fully recovered since getting the virus back in December 19.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

How does it affect you on a day to day basis?

Oh it’s fairly minor, more of an irritation.

Always wake up with a frog in my throat, trying to cough stuff up.

Often end up coughing this horrendously sticky stuff up, so sticky that it won’t go down the sink when you run the tap over it, end up having to wipe it off the sink ? like nothing I’ve ever coughed up before. No discolouration, white stuff, just little blobs. 

It has lessened a bit over the months, used to be really bad every day, now it’s most days but only really bad say once a week.

I’m fairly fit, cycled 30 miles/ day during the original lockdown and now run 10k/ day, but it doesn’t affect that or my breathing, it’s just a pain in the neck, especially in the mornings.

I reckon my wife has it too (similar frog in throat/ coughing) but if she had Covid we didn’t notice, so she must have been asymptomatic.

12 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

One of my boys was coughing stuff like that up years ago. Bloody stank. Cant mind what it was but it was fairly common and went away on its own.

edit sure it was something to do do with mucus collecting in the tonsil area but it's as you describe it.

( Apologies to anyone who might be reading this eating breakfast )

Stuff I’m coughing up doesn’t smell. The worst bit is the frog in the throat, coughing but not a productive cough, which then escalates the cough. I usually end up with a red raw sore throat.

When I first got Covid it did affect my breathing, so much so that I had to stop cycling for a few weeks. Then it just dragged on and on. I said to my wife at the time it was like nothing I’d ever had before (the world didn’t know what Covid was at the time). 

The pharmacist gave me some herbal remedy (Bronchostop?) which helped a bit, he said loads of folk had been in with similar symptoms.

20 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Stuff I’m coughing up doesn’t smell. The worst bit is the frog in the throat, coughing but not a productive cough, which then escalates the cough. I usually end up with a red raw sore throat.

When I first got Covid it did affect my breathing, so much so that I had to stop cycling for a few weeks. Then it just dragged on and on. I said to my wife at the time it was like nothing I’d ever had before (the world didn’t know what Covid was at the time). 

The pharmacist gave me some herbal remedy (Bronchostop?) which helped a bit, he said loads of folk had been in with similar symptoms.

Do you have nasal congestion? Coughing up mucous in the morning is often the result of post nasal drip rather than a lower respiratory tract problem. 

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Do you have nasal congestion? Coughing up mucous in the morning is often the result of post nasal drip rather than a lower respiratory tract problem. 

No

Nose is fine, my breathing in general is totally fine, wouldn’t be able to run if it wasn’t.

It’s not just in the morning I get it, but usually worse then.

12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

About 3 years ago I was on a piss up in Killin, hired a lodge with a hot tub. I was fucked, coughing up lung butter with specks of blood, had a fever on the Saturday, the boys all still got in the hot tub, shared the same lodge. Now I'm perfectly healthy I'm not allowed in their house for a cup of tea. Madness.

Hot tub lodges at Killen are magic. I shat in the hot tub (with her in it) for a laugh. She never noticed. Sounds like you did tho. Sorry bud

4 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Haha from the country that elected Trump and Biden.

The Orange Retard was Johnsons only hope for "Brexit Britain:..who else you gonna trade with no EU, No USA..Russia maybe?  IN a couple of years you will be on the level with Bolivia..hopefully Scotland will be out of that shit before then

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

The mask slips. 

A homophobic disgrace pretending to suck the African teat cause its fashionable. 

Sponging cunt looking to move home here for his retirement so he can use the NHS he’s contributed diddly squat to ??