Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, Singapore Steve said:

I was anxious before, however i realized that there was nothing to fear after the event. 

Appreciate your sentiments. 

Side effects are bad, I've still got joint pain over 2 weeks since the vaccine. First few days were really bad.

We're away to hear at 5pm that it doesn't work against the Indian variant anyway so you might have wasted your time.

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Side effects are bad, I've still got joint pain over 2 weeks since the vaccine. First few days were really bad.

We're away to hear at 5pm that it doesn't work against the Indian variant anyway so you might have wasted your time.

So far so good and that was 8 hours ago now that i got the first jab.  28 days till the 2nd. 

I believe it depends on what vaccine you get, as my parents were quite sick from the Astrazenica one.   I got the Moderna and so far so good. 

1 minute ago, Singapore Steve said:

So far so good and that was 8 hours ago now that i got the first jab.  28 days till the 2nd. 

I believe it depends on what vaccine you get, as my parents were quite sick from the Astrazenica one.   I got the Moderna and so far so good. 

I got my second Astra Zeneca one yesterday, no issues this time. Felt a wee bit lethargic the day after my first, might just have been a coincidence. 

33 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Why were we still letting folk from India in till a few days back? says in this article the vaccines might not work on it. 

Matt Hancock press conference: Health Secretary to address UK amid India strain panic | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Greed, wanton indecisiveness, negligence, and complete disregard for human life by both of our respective governments.

The same notion can be applied to the failure to close our airports to arrivals from Spain, Italy, Iran, and China last March (if indeed this virus is deadly as the governments and their groupies would have us believe). 

33 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Why were we still letting folk from India in till a few days back? says in this article the vaccines might not work on it. 

Matt Hancock press conference: Health Secretary to address UK amid India strain panic | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Same reason they shoved Covid positive patients into care homes and why they inflate the death figures - so they can keep the fear ramped up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Dildo 3
31 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Felt totally fine , no reaction what so ever 

Great stuff.:thumbup1:

Problem is, being an experimental vaccine know one has any idea what the long term effects will be to the immune system.

You will find out in about a year's time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, daytripping said:

They have said that about every strain and been proved wrong.

All the evidence is that the vaccine works on all different strains.

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

They have said that about every strain and been proved wrong.

All the evidence is that the vaccine works on all different strains.

So why are AZ currently modifying theirs at no little cost to make it effective against the South African strain then?

21 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

How is Singapore fairing these days? There’s still talk of a bubble with them and Oz, which is about our only hope at the moment.

Had a really good control over it however this last week has seen an outbreak in the dormitory's again which is concerning. 

All essential workers are on RRT ( Rostered Routine Testing) every 7 days since early this year.  Prior to that it was every 14 days.   Think i am up to 23 tests now. 

Travel bubble away to open with Hong Kong.

Quarantine period of 14 days mandatory on entering SG. 

Singaporeans are very obedient people so when the government said wear a mask, everyone does, even sitting at your office desk. 

It would be 'incredibly safe' for two fully Covid vaccinated people to meet up, England's deputy chief medical officer said - but the UK will not follow the US in enabling vaccinated people to get together without social distancing.

Professor Jonathan Van-Tam told a Downing Street press briefing that scientifically it would be safe for vaccinated people to meet.

He suggested the reason why they are currently prevented from doing so is because younger people have not had a vaccine.

They are making this up as they go along.

They have no idea what to do.

Hope and a prayer springs to mind.

7 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

It would be 'incredibly safe' for two fully Covid vaccinated people to meet up, England's deputy chief medical officer said - but the UK will not follow the US in enabling vaccinated people to get together without social distancing.

Professor Jonathan Van-Tam told a Downing Street press briefing that scientifically it would be safe for vaccinated people to meet.

He suggested the reason why they are currently prevented from doing so is because younger people have not had a vaccine.

If old folk start getting to do shit first, then only a tiny amount of young people will be following any of the rules. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Your reading too much into that. Just crack on as you please min.