Coronavirus

Henry

Guest the shepherd
13 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Totally agree their is a lot of Nationalists and Unionists for that matter that will argue all night defending there stance due to there bias, when the debate should be the utter shambles created by all sides of the political spectrum in the UK. Boris v Sturgeon I see little difference both have no clue what to do with the virus both totally inconsistent and both extremely agenda motivated I couldn't care less who speaks the best.Its actions that count and both the Tories and the SNP have blood on there hands and I have no faith in either of them to get us out of this anytime soon. I can just see the utter shambles when it is time to distribute a Vaccine

Well said. The vaccination screening process has already turned into a shambles with it being postponed until further notice due to a participant becoming unwell after being administered with a potential vaccine or a placebo. Fair enough treat the ill participant accordingly but don't pause the trial. 

I thought the whole point of having a trial was to collect, collate, record and analyse data acquired during the study, regardless if someone became ill or not, not to postpone it. Now Oxford University are saying potentially a vaccine will not be wholly available until 2022. 

Guest milne_afc
14 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

Well said. The vaccination screening process has already turned into a shambles with it being postponed until further notice due to a participant becoming unwell after being administered with a potential vaccine or a placebo. Fair enough treat the ill participant accordingly but don't pause the trial. 

I thought the whole point of having a trial was to collect, collate, record and analyse data acquired during the study, regardless if someone became ill or not, not to postpone it. Now Oxford University are saying potentially a vaccine will not be wholly available until 2022. 

Due process min. As soon as they discover what caused the adverse reaction, the trial will either restart or be scrapped. 

Exactly the purpose of a clinical trial. 

Guest the shepherd
1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Due process min. As soon as they discover what caused the adverse reaction, the trial will either restart or be scrapped. 

Exactly the purpose of a clinical trial. 

Exactly spot on min. I remember something similar happened at a Pfizer Pharmaceutical trial back in 2006 when one, if not some, of the participants started developing elephantitis symptoms (fuck getting that!) when administered with a trial product or placebo. That trial would have surely been scrapped there and then.  

1 hour ago, the shepherd said:

Exactly spot on min. I remember something similar happened at a Pfizer Pharmaceutical trial back in 2006 when one, if not some, of the participants started developing elephantitis symptoms (fuck getting that!) when administered with a trial product or placebo. That trial would have surely been scrapped there and then.  

It’s an interesting point you raise there though Shep.

If a vaccine were to be developed that would get us back to a normal way of life without restrictions but the vaccine had a side effect that we all had massive heeds. Would we accept that?

I mean, we can always adapt thinks like headwear and spectacles etc to make them all a bit bigger. We’d all be the same so it would become the new normal so you wouldn’t get folk saying “look at that big heeded cunt”, “sniper’s dream” etc.

What sort of side-effect would you live with to get back to normal?

Guest the shepherd
1 hour ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

It’s an interesting point you raise there though Shep.

If a vaccine were to be developed that would get us back to a normal way of life without restrictions but the vaccine had a side effect that we all had massive heeds. Would we accept that?

I mean, we can always adapt thinks like headwear and spectacles etc to make them all a bit bigger. We’d all be the same so it would become the new normal so you wouldn’t get folk saying “look at that big heeded cunt”, “sniper’s dream” etc.

What sort of side-effect would you live with to get back to normal?

Getting rid of my lockdown beergut would be a realistic start min. Eradicating perennial bouts of Coronavirus doom and gloom would be another but maybe that's pushing it a bit.

Putting the breaks on and tightening the restrictions. Businesses earmarked to open on Monday now can’t until at least the start of October. Cases are at 20 per 100000 and 160 new infections (over 100 in Glasgow/Lanarkshire). Hospital numbers decline and zero deaths. No fans in stadiums until at least October however the two test events will go ahead this weekend as planned. 

Just read it she’s aff her heid. The household thing will be legally enforceable by Monday.

So if I have a party on Saturday with more nothing would happen but on Monday I would get charged.

if it’s a fucking risk do it with immediate effect. They surely don’t have to go through parliament if it is a health risk to folk.

10 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Just read it she’s aff her heid. The household thing will be legally enforceable by Monday.

So if I have a party on Saturday with more nothing would happen but on Monday I would get charged.

if it’s a fucking risk do it with immediate effect. They surely don’t have to go through parliament if it is a health risk to folk.

If it was happening immediately you would whinge at lack of notice ?

"They can charge folk for something they just notified folk about today?!? dIsGrAcE!!"

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3