Coronavirus

Henry

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Will be a carbon copy of last year if they announce further restrictions the day. 

Was the Saturday before Christmas last year they announced lockdown from boxing day 

1910-F284-0-E2-A-492-F-B735-741-F54-B098

Keep pubs and restaurants open to avoid paying them anything but make folk sit outside. In the first 2 weeks of January ?

Think we all know the “2 week” chat is horseshit as well. Like “3 weeks to flatten the curve” and the “2 week circuit breaker” last Christmas 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Why the need to prove they’ve been vaccinated if not to stop the spread? 

If the government are so concerned about NHS resources they could ban smoking and limit fat cunts calories.

Its only a pain in the arse because the government are making it so.

Yip another absolute nonsense 

1.To reduce the potential for hospitilisations in the event of big amounts of transmission.

2. That is a fair point but nothing to do with this. Coronavirus has the potential to have thousands and thousands of hospitalisations in a small window of time. Too much to cope with.

3.The measures the government have taken have no doubt helped control the spread and supported industries financially where required. They clearly haven’t got everything absolutely right as this is a whole new concept of problem and they also cant see into the future.

4.Basic cloth masks are proven to reduce aerosol release from breathing by up to 27%. 

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

There are calls to scrap this isolation requirement and rightly so, that’s the thing that puts pressure on everybody.  Making perfectly healthy individuals stay in their house at this stage seems incredible. The virus is already running rampant anyway and the majority of people have strong protection against severe illness, increasing every day with the booster drive. It’ll be really interesting to see what hospitalisations are doing in a week or two’s time. 

That indeed will be the key thing in 2 or 3 weeks.

However, surely it is better to use a precautionary approach in the meantime as it doesn’t take a rocket scientist (hi graeme) to work out that there could be complete carnage given the rate that the virus is spreading?

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

That indeed will be the key thing in 2 or 3 weeks.

However, surely it is better to use a precautionary approach in the meantime as it doesn’t take a rocket scientist (hi graeme) to work out that there could be complete carnage given the rate that the virus is spreading?

I agree to an extent but people should be able to risk assess for themselves without blanket rules being imposed upon them. The majority of older more vulnerable people who are much more likely to become seriously ill and cause a spike in hospitalisations will be more cautious. They will also be more likely to be double vaxxed and boosted. What’s the use in insisting perfectly healthy people isolate, adding more pressure to the situation than is necessary. 

1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I agree to an extent but people should be able to risk assess for themselves without blanket rules being imposed upon them. The majority of older more vulnerable people who are much more likely to become seriously ill and cause a spike in hospitalisations will be more cautious. They will also be more likely to be double vaxxed and boosted. What’s the use in insisting perfectly healthy people isolate, adding more pressure to the situation than is necessary. 

How do you know they are perfectly healthy and not incubating the virus?

7 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Of the 33 ICU cases yesterday 12 of them are in ICU With issues not covid related and 7 of them were in ICU before they caught covid

7 people caught covid whilst in itu? I find that difficult to believe. I believe that’s never happened up here anyway. Source - I just asked folk that work there. 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Maybe caught it in hospital then got worse and moved into intensive care?

That’s plausible. But he said they caught it in itu, I’m saying that hasn’t happened here, from the horses mooth. A non covid patient wouldn’t be in the locked covid itu anyway 

Absolute farce getting my daughter her second vaccine today.

Had an appt for her, went to site.She queued for an hour in the freezing cold to get turned away saying she needed the vaccine they didn’t have on site.Directed us to another one and said they’d phone ahead to let them know we were coming.Been sat an hour already at the other site.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

Safer just living life as normal but get vaccinated and wear a mask in certain situations. Surely that is enough 

Should be but I'm sick of the mask thing, enough already. Watching the news there you'd think WW3 had broken out. Major Incident declared in London by the utterly inept Sadiq Khan (oohhh, guess I must be racist) because of covid? Other countries starting to shut down etc. Get a fucking grip. Had my vaccines one two and three and the flu jab on top of that, I'm done with the thing. Here's the thing, I work in a depot with 200+ other people and asked on Friday how many were off with omicron or any other variant - "none" was the answer. So with the way this thing is meant to be spreading I guess that means half of us must be walking around carrying the virus. I'm telling you now, if it's going to get you it will get to you in its own good time. Either you'll survive or you won't. Cut the shit and get on with it.

• Like 1