Aberdeen 2 - 1 St Mirren

1 hour ago, Chewie37 said:

I’ll wait for someone with intelligence to tell me

To bet on a game under 2.5, it means you are betting that the game will be won with less than three goals I.e 1-0 or 2-0

For over 2.5, your betting that the fame will be won with 3 goals or more in the game I.e 2-1, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2 etc

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Jackp said:

Thought the boy who scored st mirrens goal had a good game and looked abit of a player, pretty sure one of the commentators said he’s naturally a left back but was playing the holding role in midfield tonight, could be worth a look for the left back position 

Yep. He stood out. Toss up between him and MacPherson for MOTM.

Interesting that you think we are over performing and that the only way is down.

I don’t see that. Were 7 points clear of 5th with a game in hand, so I don’t envisage we’ll be dropping league places anytime soon.

If you want to look at luck, there’s plenty of instances where Hibs have been lucky, so I’d be more confident that their luck will run out and they “Hibs it” again.

I’m fairly confident if we can keep this team together, that we’ll finish 4th comfortably, with Hibs comfortable in 4th.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was never McInnes biggest fan but its hard to have a go at the minute. We've a settled formation, team and we've played our best football for years at times this season. At our level we're never going to continuously play like we did in the first half against County last week so its encouraging that we still won when we haven't played well. Be interesting to see if he reverts to type against Celtic and completely changes the way we're playing to try and contain them. Hopefully the extent of his changes will be McGinn and Wright out for Kennedy and McGeouch.

Tough watch but a wins a win. Aye, St Mirren are bottom of the league but I don’t think anyone can deny that their defence was very good last night. Their game plan was to frustrate the shit out of us, and they did. Their goal was an absolute peach, just one of those goals you have to applaud, but apart from that I didn’t think they looked like scoring.

I thought Hedges, Hoban and Watkins were class. Need to get these boys signed up on longer deals. The problem we have at the mo is the lack of goals, considering the amount of chances we are creating. We should have a lot more than we currently do and won our games with bigger score lines.

I watched it again on alba and you see it differently than when you're watching it live and emotionally caught up with events. 

We sat back too much thinking we've got all the time in the world which is a common trait at home under Mcinnes. We dominated possession for the most part and St Mirren scored a great goal with their only shot on target but there are a lot of pluses. 

We've changed to a new system which he's struggled with in the past but have 6 wins out of 8 which I would have taken during covid gate. 

We're definitely evolving into a team that passes the ball on the floor which is good to see after the last two years.

He's brought in some good players this summer, best transfer window for a long time. Special mentions to Hayes, Hoban and McCrorie. 

Whilst Watkins isn't a natural finisher he works his arse off and comes off the pitch absolutely shattered. 2 goals in the last 2 games as well now. 

Still plenty of things to improve but I'm more hopeful with this group than I've been with any of the others over the last 3 years. 

4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

We need to define how to measure downhill. Forget my opinions that we got lucky twice or what I think of the manager or the squad, it's all to be found in the results and the data  

6 wins and no draws in 8 games = 75% points. If we finish the season with 85 points, that would be downhill (74.6%). We are only going downhill from here. We've not even played Celtic yet. 

Indeed, maintaining that points average would perhaps give us a chance to win the league.

Given.

2018-19 winners - 87 pts

2017-18 winners - 82 pts

Though the way things are going this season, much like the way last season was heading, the total to win this time around will prob be in 90s somewhere.

Also that 76 points I believe is our own  highest total, so hoora upgrade on that.

So yeah, downhill seems unavoidable given previous shit in alignment with fortuitous point scraping factor.

6 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Indeed, maintaining that points average would perhaps give us a chance to win the league.

Given.

2018-19 winners - 87 pts

2017-18 winners - 82 pts

Though the way things are going this season, much like the way last season was heading, the total to win this time around will prob be in 90s somewhere.

Also that 76 points I believe is our own  highest total, so hoora upgrade on that.

So yeah, downhill seems unavoidable given previous shit in alignment with fortuitous point scraping factor.

Celtic have dropped 2 points

Huns have dropped 4 points

Aberdeen have dropped 6 points

Really hoping and willing one or both of those two drop points this weekend. Then next up they play each other before we head to Tannadice.

• Upvote 1

We haven't played celtic that's true but we've also not played Hamilton or Dundee utd. 

I think playing a celtic side which will be more open will suit us better than a team sitting back. 

Watkins taking Wright position and Cosgrove up top would be my preference. We are putting in some amount of crosses at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

We haven't played celtic that's true but we've also not played Hamilton or Dundee utd. 

I think playing a celtic side which will be more open will suit us better than a team sitting back. 

Watkins taking Wright position and Cosgrove up top would be my preference. We are putting in some amount of crosses at the moment. 

I'm more hopeful going in to the celtic double header than I've been against them for a while. I think they are a bit fragile at the moment

Was 85 points also the target you set in a thread and monitored / updated a few seasons back Tord?

85 sounds familiar.

As for the game, it was a frustrating watch, but I obviously found some solace in the late winner given the unusually substantial Yassssss which I barked out.

Very good finish by Watkins. Nice to see him get a couple of goals, given we were all sort of praising his general play / movement, but somewhat bemoaning his zero strike rate.

Relief to get the 3 points. 

^^^ Stating obvious.