Coronavirus (Football Thread)

29 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Take your point with the solitary nature of the trip but I still query if it's essential travel for work purposes - He could have sat on his couch and got almost as much scouting done as sitting in the stand! 

Again, it's just annoying when all the rest of us are told to stay at home. 

I don’t think you can. Watching a game on the TV is not the same as watching it live.

‘There will be aspects of the game he would be able to pick up that may not have been focused on where the ball was.

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I don’t think you can. Watching a game on the TV is not the same as watching it live.

‘There will be aspects of the game he would be able to pick up that may not have been focused on where the ball was.

Yeah that's why I said almost as much. Totally get that he'll be looking as much at how a team sets up out of possession as when they have the ball. That doesn't fit my point though!

16 hours ago, NEM said:

Why are cases far, far higher now than they were in July?

Apathy, weariness of lockdown and rules, COVID denial spastics, this is winter and the virus survives longer in cold conditions out with a host, a government that hasn’t shown one iota of clarity, more stringent lockdown in March than now so more folk at work, schools were open for some there!, again in March they weren’t, again folk will get careless more the time rolls on, especially face coverings, washing hands etc, special holidays that forced some people together ie christmass and new year which you don’t get in June/July 

there’s just a few reasons, it’s not that hard to understand why and that’s just human reasons

the fact that the virus has been here at least a year and has had the ability to mutate making it far stronger and harder to treat, there’s more than one variant compared to in July were some variants won’t be affected by vaccines.

could go on and on and on 

• Dildo 2
16 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Apathy, weariness of lockdown and rules, COVID denial spastics, this is winter and the virus survives longer in cold conditions out with a host, a government that hasn’t shown one iota of clarity, more stringent lockdown in March than now so more folk at work, schools were open for some there!, again in March they weren’t, again folk will get careless more the time rolls on, especially face coverings, washing hands etc, special holidays that forced some people together ie christmass and new year which you don’t get in June/July 

there’s just a few reasons, it’s not that hard to understand why and that’s just human reasons

the fact that the virus has been here at least a year and has had the ability to mutate making it far stronger and harder to treat, there’s more than one variant compared to in July were some variants won’t be affected by vaccines.

could go on and on and on 

Please don't.

• Haha 2
Just now, starryfish said:

AFC and Dave Cormack have been very quiet with regards to the current lockdown, couldn’t escape them from late March last year 

Something appears to be going on.  Was a swift u-turn on signing players this window as well.

Maybe we were relying on big money for Cosgrove thats fallen through

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, NEM said:

Something appears to be going on.  Was a swift u-turn on signing players this window as well.

Maybe we were relying on big money for Cosgrove thats fallen through

Hernandez sale not going through??? MLS season in doubt???

McInnes getting his jotters / winding down???

Lockdown / Tier 4 means likelihood that fans won’t get in this season so anticipated revenue is lower??? Remember they had hoped initially to get back in by September.

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hernandez sale not going through??? MLS season in doubt???

McInnes getting his jotters / winding down???

Lockdown / Tier 4 means likelihood that fans won’t get in this season so anticipated revenue is lower??? Remember they had hoped initially to get back in by September.

Aye all building into the perfect shit storm for AFC finances

5 hours ago, Joe pike said:

I see business's have won a court decision to force insurance companies to pay up to anybody that was covered for covid insurance.

Seem to remember Dave Cormack stating we had insurance and moaning about AFC not getting paid.

Surely a bonus coming the Dons way.

I'm sure Aberdeen were actually one of the clubs that was covered by its policy, 

It was the renewal in April or May would be the issue of not being covered