Coronavirus (Football Thread)

at the end of the day the restriction decisions taken by the scottish government are almost immaterial to the cash they bring in because of how the distribution of tax works.

So they can continue to pursue elimination (which is nigh on impossible if connected to england and if they dont close the borders) as a strategy which will mean restrictions continue. And as england are utterly incompetent third wave will be round before weve even enjoyed any freedom

Leitch when not being a dentist and not making decisions on a subject he knows fuck all about used to do motivational speaking within the NHS. Wife was at a couple of them and the common consensus then was he was full of shit. He also had a bit of the Salmond about him with the nurses

• 2 months later...

So based on all the mitigations around the 25% capacity at Hampden for the euros I'd be worried as to how promising it is for non season ticket holders to get to any spfl games in 2021.

25% capacity mitigations:

No food or drink kiosks

Masks worn for entire time inside and around stadium

entry staggered over the 3 hours prior to kick off

No leaving your seat unless fully necessary

Thats a bit of a shitter for scottish football

and not really the positive weve been thinking.

• Dildo 1
18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

So based on all the mitigations around the 25% capacity at Hampden for the euros I'd be worried as to how promising it is for non season ticket holders to get to any spfl games in 2021.

25% capacity mitigations:

No food or drink kiosks

Masks worn for entire time inside and around stadium

Thats a bit of a shitter for scottish football

and not really the positive weve been thinking.

I’d not go if all that applied.

An absolutely unnecessary piece of fucking nonsense.

3 hours before KO... so 5 hours sat in a seat in the freezing fucking cold, with a mask on, and stuck in your seat?

Fuck that 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d not go if all that applied.

An absolutely unnecessary piece of fucking nonsense.

3 hours before KO... so 5 hours sat in a seat in the freezing fucking cold, with a mask on, and stuck in your seat?

Fuck that 

1 hour ago, BitWait said:

Not going either under that circumstances, will try Highland league , might be a bit more scope there ? 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Sturgeon can get to fuck.  I'll walk round the corner and watch Maryhill juniors. Get a pint there as well. 

I dont think it would fly as a real proposal but obviously things the sfa had to concede to get the uefa stipulated min crowd agreed

It can work as one off and i'd probably agree to any of those measures to get to our game on august 1st because of the novelty factor. It just wouldnt fly week after week

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

No food or drink kiosks

I went to the 2nd last top division Cypriot game of the season at Achnas.

• Rocked up 5 mins before kick off
  • Picked up a cold beer from the kiosk on way to seat
  • Left seat whenever, normally to buy another beer or go for a pish - of course both absolutely necessary anyway

Had my mask off while seated, as did most, and nae cunt gave a fuck.

Requirement to have it while in your seat is idiotic anyway, clearly, given that you don't need a mask when seated outside pubs or restaurants there.

8 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

I went to the 2nd last top division Cypriot game of the season at Achnas.

• Rocked up 5 mins before kick off
  • Picked up a cold beer from the kiosk on way to seat
  • Left seat whenever, normally to buy another beer or go for a pish - of course both absolutely necessary anyway

Had my mask off while seated, as did most, and nae cunt gave a fuck.

Requirement to have it while in your seat is idiotic anyway, clearly, given that you don't need a mask when seated outside pubs or restaurants there.

The authorities have lost their senses in this country.  

18 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

What's the science behind wearing a mask whilst seated at an outdoor football stadium vs say, mask off seated inside a pub or restaurant?

There is none bar the fact that the virus transmits much easier indoors than out, so you should in fact require the mask more indoors than out but don't let that stop governments setting the opposite in there rule making

• 1 month later...

Sounds like 2000 for the next two home games then.

That's a bit crappy as some season ticket holders will clearly get neither.

How should it be decided?

• Ballot of all season ticket holders
  • ballot of season ticket holders with DNA
  • loyalty points
  • should it be maximum of one game
  • should they take the Killie game in to account e.g. priority for those that have not been since the Hibs game?

I was really hoping they'd get closer to the 7000 which would make it a lot easier for the club.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

• loyalty points
  • should they take the Killie game in to account e.g. priority for those that have not been since the Hibs game?

I was really hoping they'd get closer to the 7000 which would make it a lot easier for the club.

Loyalty points else what's the point of that system.

How does she justify 2k max when 12.5k were at Hampden and about 30k at Murrayfield last month?

35 minutes ago, NEM said:

Loyalty points else what's the point of that system.

How does she justify 2k max when 12.5k were at Hampden and about 30k at Murrayfield last month?

Killie game wasnt based on loyalty points though - purely ballot. So would be unfair to revert to a new system. My suggestion would be ballot but if you were at Killie game you cant enter. 

Hello dazzy-deff,hope you are well.I fear that it will  be 2000 each game for a while and that will become the established state of play.Give season ticket holders priority.We will all be lucky to see a match live at Pittodrie once every two months and just hope Aberdeen play well the day we are present in person.It looks like smaller clubs,Highland League , Juniors may be the best places to visit for live football on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

• loyalty points

Far you hearing this min? The 2000 is the basic that all clubs can adhere to but we await the application to go beyond 2000 which was to be advised today

32 minutes ago, graham said:

Hello dazzy-deff,hope you are well.I fear that it will  be 2000 each game for a while and that will become the established state of play.Give season ticket holders priority.We will all be lucky to see a match live at Pittodrie once every two months and just hope Aberdeen play well the day we are present in person.It looks like smaller clubs,Highland League , Juniors may be the best places to visit for live football on a Saturday.

Its a good point. If we cannot get into our hallowed ground where we take up the same allocated season ticket seat each time, we'll go parading round the grounds and mixing in more circles.

Just let us into Pittodrie, you know it makes sense 

Wasn’t sure where to put this but it seems we have taken out an interest free loan from the Scottish Government for £1,119,000 at the end of June.

It’s not certain if we’ve previously drawn down the other £2M

Below is a table detailing the amounts allocated to each club.

Club

Agreed credit facility

amount

Aberdeen

£3,119,000

Dundee United

£2,818,000

Hamilton

£1,151,000

Hibernian

£2,882,000

Kilmarnock

£1,828,000

Livingston

£1,783,000

Motherwell

£2,959,000

Rangers

£3,200,000

Ross County

£1,158,000

St Johnstone

£2,600,000

St Mirren

£1,764,000

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this but it seems we have taken out an interest free loan from the Scottish Government for £1,119,000 at the end of June.

It’s not certain if we’ve previously drawn down the other £2M

Below is a table detailing the amounts allocated to each club.

Club

Agreed credit facility

amount

Aberdeen

£3,119,000

Dundee United

£2,818,000

Hamilton

£1,151,000

Hibernian

£2,882,000

Kilmarnock

£1,828,000

Livingston

£1,783,000

Motherwell

£2,959,000

Rangers

£3,200,000

Ross County

£1,158,000

St Johnstone

£2,600,000

St Mirren

£1,764,000

Common  sense taking a interest free loan like that. It’s there if we need it. 

1 minute ago, caledonia said:

Why are we now only going for 5000 yet hibs are going for 9000 and celtic 18000 if its because of 1 metre social distancing how fucking big are the other grounds.

Well, Celtic Park is about 3 times the capacity of Pittodrie so that seems reasonable. 

Nae sure where Hibs are getting 9000 from though. Unless their seats are further apart than ours?