Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic

Only time we've beaten them of late was a game where we had to win for 2nd and they'd already won the title. Our players then celebrate as if they had won the league and Logan completely embarrassed himself in the process. 

That was an embarrassing moment for us, in my opinion. They've schooled us more or less every game since. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Only time we've beaten them of late was a game where we had to win for 2nd and they'd already won the title. Our players then celebrate as if they had won the league and Logan completely embarrassed himself in the process. 

That was an embarrassing moment for us, in my opinion. They've schooled us more or less every game since. 

I don't see what Logan did to embarrass himself to be honest, or how it was embarrassing for our club.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely Kennedy is a better option at wing back than Leigh if Hayes is injured? 

I don’t think he’d play two wingers at wing back against Celtic?

With Frimpong being one of their best attacking options, maybe more likely Leigh will play there.

That’s how our manager usually thinks. 
Maybe;

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine 

McLennan Ferguson McCrorie Leigh

Hedges Wright 

Watkins 

Subs: Woods, Logan, Devlin, Ojo, McGeouch, McGinn, Kennedy, Edmondson, Cosgrove 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think he’d play two wingers at wing back against Celtic?

With Frimpong being one of their best attacking options, maybe more likely Leigh will play there.

That’s how our manager usually thinks. 
Maybe;

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine 

McLennan Ferguson McCrorie Leigh

Hedges Wright 

Watkins 

Subs: Woods, Logan, Devlin, Ojo, McGeouch, McGinn, Kennedy, Edmondson, Cosgrove 

We've lost the last 8 home games against Celtic playing defensively. 

Surely 8 is enough to realise that you might as well try something different as you'll get beat sitting back anyway. 

The thought of Greg Leigh running up and down the left flank on his own trying to keep up with Frimpong is a horrifying one.  Can others not see how ridiculous an idea it is? 

15 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

I'd play McLennan up against Frimpong. Just let him match his runs all game and close him down. Have McGeough come out there when required to suffocate him. Rangers did that last week and it worked a treat. 

This is a better idea than deploying Leigh there. 

But I'd have McLennan right and Kennedy left.   

Lewis 

Hoban. Taylor Considine 

McLennan McRorie McGeouch Ferguson Kennedy

Hedges. Watkins 

46 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The thought of Greg Leigh running up and down the left flank on his own trying to keep up with Frimpong is a horrifying one.  Can others not see how ridiculous an idea it is? 

A lot of folk on here thinking Leigh isn't capable of playing on a flank. He's a pacey full back if hayes is out he is probably the best option to nullify Frimpong. Go look at the winner against heart's 3-2, he didn't have a problem getting up and down the left flank that day.

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

A lot of folk on here thinking Leigh isn't capable of playing on a flank. He's a pacey full back if hayes is out he is probably the best option to nullify Frimpong. Go look at the winner against heart's 3-2, he didn't have a problem getting up and down the left flank that day.

I think he's a good runner but I don't think he's particularly quick. 

I hope I'm wrong but I just can't buy into the Greg Leigh love in. 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely Kennedy is a better option at wing back than Leigh if Hayes is injured? 

The reason I think McInnes would go for Leigh ahead of Kennedy in this game is twofold:-

1) Leigh would give a more natural defensive cover, but with the ability to get forward.

2) He offers more aerially in the box for both ends of the pitch.

Against other teams, Kennedy might have gotten the nod, but for tomorrow, if Hayes is not fit, I think he’d start with Leigh (assuming fit) with Kennedy an option to replace from the bench if needed.

I have seen enough Aberdeen v Celtic games at Pittodrie under McInnes to know Celtic will take all 3 points and it will be very comfortable. Game over by half time and Celtic centre halves will be given freedom of the pitch.

Fingers crossed I am wrong.....but unfortunately I have stopped getting my hopes up for this fixture. 

26 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The reason I think McInnes would go for Leigh ahead of Kennedy in this game is twofold:-

1) Leigh would give a more natural defensive cover, but with the ability to get forward.

Against other teams, Kennedy might have gotten the nod, but for tomorrow, if Hayes is not fit, I think he’d start with Leigh (assuming fit) with Kennedy an option to replace from the bench if needed.

3). Playing Leigh or Kennedy in a straight swop gives jonnie an extra 7 days to recover for Hampden.  Like having a new player kind of thing.

34 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Yeah that's a reasonable shout and probably a real possibility with our manager. 

19 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I have seen enough Aberdeen v Celtic games at Pittodrie under McInnes to know Celtic will take all 3 points and it will be very comfortable. Game over by half time and Celtic centre halves will be given freedom of the pitch.

Fingers crossed I am wrong.....but unfortunately I have stopped getting my hopes up for this fixture. 

Aye.

Duffy, who’s looked like a Derry donkey so far, will be made to look like Beckenbauer if our recent limp wristed efforts against the Tims at Pittodrie are a barometer. 

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Agree with the score but I think its gonna be a close bruising encounter. First big domestic game that Ferguson and McCrorie are in there together.

If we could aim to get 5 shots on target in the match i'd be confident of 1 or 2 goals. The goalie is the weak link