Sevco 4 - 0 Aberdeen Reserves

7 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Hibs will draw with the huns in December.   

And yet Hibs are mince. Haven’t laid a glove on us in 180 mins and I’ve not been overly impressed with them in their other games bar the Sevco draw and maybe yesterday (haven’t seen the highlights yet)

Could be the old chestnut of them only raising their game v The Cheeks?

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Was there even a crunching tackle the whole game ?

By both sides because I'm sure they would have been their usual dirty bastards if they were losing.

Even a reserve side can show some aggression.

Generally lack of crowds has made games less physical.

I’m sure there was some stat I read on Twitter saying yellows & red cards were down across most leagues with no crowds - players less likely to lose the head & refs not pressured by crowds.

2 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

There is absolutely no point in blaming the manager for any of this. The same would happen regardless of who is in charge. We sell off our best players and never replace them. Any signings are rarely half decent and are usually plodding journeymen at best. 

How is the manager excused all blame in that what you said there? 
Do we blame his scouting network then? The chairman? Basically anyone that can aid to excuse him of all blame?

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think what he's suggesting is that it's a bit harsh to crucify the manager for a defeat on a day when he had 9 players out, 6 of whom are regular first team players. 

Not if taken in context & especially if you state it is 9 players out 6 of which are regular first 11’s as he signed all the ones that played in their place with same descriptions of them.

who else do we blame for signing dross players With a view as first 11’s

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Not if taken in context & especially if you state it is 9 players out 6 of which are regular first 11’s as he signed all the ones that played in their place with same descriptions of them.

who else do we blame for signing dross players With a view as first 11’s

We have a budget. 

That allows us to have 20 odd players of varying ability.  We can't afford to have 23 top class players of equal ability to compete at the top of the division. 

If you lose 5 or 6 of your best players and 2 or 3 of your better back up players it's bound to have a huge impact. 

We can't afford to have 23 players at the same level as Hayes or Ferguson. If we did then I'd be harder on him today. 

Some of the players could have been more aggressive but he picked about the best 11 he could have under the circumstances. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We have a budget. 

That allows us to have 20 odd players of varying ability.  We can't afford to have 23 top class players of equal ability to compete at the top of the division. 

If you lose 5 or 6 of your best players and 2 or 3 of your better back up players it's bound to have a huge impact. 

We can't afford to have 23 players at the same level as Hayes or Ferguson. If we did then I'd be harder on him today. 

Some of the players could have been more aggressive but he picked about the best 11 he could have under the circumstances. 

All I see there is weak as fk excuses to support a pretty poor statement that a manager has signed a load of shite journeymen players when those players signed have all actually been signed as being first 11 players at some point by said manager & with a budget for each & every individual player being better than that of most managers in league.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We have a budget. 

I agree.

The team selection was what it was and there was little else he could’ve done.

The huns goals were all deflections & a soft penalty. Some bad defending & some rank bad luck. 

My main complaint today was the lack of aggression. 

We’d probably have lost even at full strength, so losing by 4-0 with 9 players out, was of zero surprise.

But it’s always horrible to lose to those horrible scummy bastards regardless of circumstances. 

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How is the manager excused all blame in that what you said there? 
Do we blame his scouting network then? The chairman? Basically anyone that can aid to excuse him of all blame?

He is a victim of many circumstances beyond his control. He operates as best he can with the limitations placed upon him by financial pressures and the prevailing circumstances of the league structure and the presence of two totally dominant teams. All we can hope for is to be the best of the rest.

For today yes.  But was the apparent rabbit in the headlights thing today a one-off?  A game that draws the comment, “Well that was out of character for this dons side?”

was it fuck.  But I’ll allow a degree of latitude against a decent if deteriorating Tim side and a financially doped hun.  He gets zero latitude against dross like Hamilton and fucking St Mirren.

Just now, Stoneybloke said:

He is a victim of many circumstances beyond his control. He operates as best he can with the limitations placed upon him by financial pressures and the prevailing circumstances of the league structure and the presence of two totally dominant teams. All we can hope for is to be the best of the rest.

I’m not slating him on today’s result though. I am slating him on numerous players he has signed that played today that are/were first 11 players for him in his eyes. 
Only highlights his numerous previous mistakes biting him on arse & will be even more notable should they fail to beat a shite Accies

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

That’s one of the wrong decisions Mcinnes has made having a goalkeeper as captain.   Cormack do something and change it or the manager. 

Delighted to see several on here today saying we need an outfield player to be our captain. I’ve never liked the idea of Joe being the captain and indeed believe it has affected his performances for us. Hoban would be a good shout for captain.

Just now, Crashnyploshnit said:

Delighted to see several on here today saying we need an outfield player to be our captain. I’ve never liked the idea of Joe being the captain and indeed believe it has affected his performances for us. Hoban would be a good shout for captain.

Agree with most of that but how the hell would him being captain affect his performance as a keeper?

Does he stand between the posts writing his post match comments or something?

When I saw Cosgrove and Edmondson selected I thought, great they're playing 2 up front and having a go, how stupid am I?  At least he would  motivate the squad players to give everything and make a case for regular selection. How stupid am I?

Leigh looked lost, did Edmondson actually make a pass or a tackle? Ojo shirt name to change to 'Oh No'. No point in goalie being captain.

Considine got his caps, great for him, he'd better hope Clark wasn't watching today, slower than ever and finally a referee sees what he does every single time in our box.

I'm a big fan of Cosgrove but today his performance was shameful. The bus driver would have made more of an impact. 

Must have been a really funny half time talk from Del, couple of the players were still laughing on the pitch. WTF? Main had a nice little jog around, why bother to take his track suit off?

Bringing on the loon just before the end a deflection tactic, box ticking exercise.

Just walked past Soul bar, sounds like the party has started before our warriors get home.

Hamilton must be licking their lips, I'm covering my eyes.

7 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

I have moaned about some of his positioning and attempts to lay the ball out for the lads of late and think this has partly been down to the extra responsibilities of being captain. 

In what way? Are you suggesting he isn't concentrating as much or practising his own game because he has extra duties as captain? 

I agree that it's better to have an outfield captain though. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

In what way? Are you suggesting he isn't concentrating as much or practising his own game because he has extra duties as captain? 

I agree that it's better to have an outfield captain though. 

I just believe his performances have dropped since being made captain. At least we agree an outfield captain is required.

1 minute ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

I just believe his performances have dropped since being made captain. At least we agree an outfield captain is required.

No, I actually agree on both counts. I think his form has dipped a bit from a couple of years ago. 

Was just trying to get to the crux of your issue.

When Shinnie left there was a real scarcity of candidates to be captain and I suspect the extra money for being captain was useful to help get Joe to extend his deal. 

At the time there was probably only (a young) Ferguson and Considine that could have been candidates realistically outside Joe. 

I think we've got a few more now. Ferguson, Hayes, possibly Hoban and McCrorie. 

Personally I would choose Hayes. His effort and attitude embodies everything I want from my team. 

• Upvote 1

I’m not a McInnes fan by any stretch, but not sure he can take much blame for today. Any team in the world would struggle missing 9 first team players for a game, most of whom would be classed as starters.

Would also agree Lewis has regressed ever since he was made captain. A pointless decision, as he has no further influence on the game from goals.