Aberdeen 2 - 0 Ross County

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

Another thing that pissed me off yesterday, was someone on red TV (can't remember who) saying that St Mirren winning 1-0 puts our recent result  against them into context, but I would argue that Hibs thrashing Hamilton 4-0 also puts our 1-1 draw against them into context. 

That sounds like something McDiarmid would come out with. 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Kris Boyd.

Illiterate cunt.

Talks at 100mph, throws random words together and hopes a coherent sentence comes out. It doesn’t.

Offers no tactical insight, just glib cliches. 
How the hell idiots like that get jobs as pundits is unbelievable. 

Yeah. 

There to pander to the Huns, the same way Hartson (another illiterate idiot) gets a gig. 

Mon ih Arabs!

13 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Another thing that pissed me off yesterday, was someone on red TV (can't remember who) saying that St Mirren winning 1-0 puts our recent result  against them into context, but I would argue that Hibs thrashing Hamilton 4-0 also puts our 1-1 draw against them into context. 

Aye. Absolutely brutal. 

The club needs a mentality shift. If you speak to AFC employees, the main goal is to be a top 100 UEFA club. Like that means anything to fans. 

Red TV obviously has to be biased but they total apologists. Who says the club TV can't throw the manager a hard question from time to time? 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And just for neutrality, they have that fat hun bastard McCoist as co-commentator? 

I'll get stick for this, but I don't mind McCoist. One of the less odious huns. I find him quite a laugh. 

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Proof of what you say was the 2008 AGM when Director of Football Willie Miller was challenged about his repeated accusations that Aberdeen fans had "unrealistic expectations", a phrase that he had also implanted in the fat orange simpleton who was the manager on an inexplicable contract extension.

Neither of the two of them ever repeated that utterance again after that AGM, during which Stewrat Milne was accused of having unrealistic expectations regarding building a new stadium without significant new investment, which he at least accepted (without disclosing where it might come from).

Remind us again which shareholder in particular challenged Willie Miller that night?

13 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Can't remember that far back but it was interesting how he referred to the press at the back of the room like "you can ask them" as he was saying that he hadn't said it in the 2 or 3 past weeks. Were you there ss?

Aye, about 10 seats away from you.

was that the same night that WM told a punter “don’t shout at me. I’m not here to be shouted at”.

15 hours ago, Singapore Steve said:

The young player who came on near the end had a cracking tackle straight away. 

Anyone know anything about him ? 

Kieran Ngwenya, 17 years old. Read up about him today, looks like we somehow managed to prise him away from Tynecastle boys club and he’s highly rated.

Listed as a left back but seem to play further forward on the left wing yesterday.

Agree about Campbell yesterday, my man of the match too.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd rather not have to pick either of them. 

But you're just being childish now. 

You know fine Cosgrove has offered nothing the last few weeks 

I agree,but I would like to have seen what we got out of Cosgrove playing the type of fitba we were earlier this season.The way he started last season was what he's capable of, til the hoofball we were playing ground the enthusiasm out of him IMO

Playing the more positive football we saw I think would get more out of both strikers,eg Wright who always seemed to make the wrong choices previously,but this season has brought out a different player

19 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

I agree,but I would like to have seen what we got out of Cosgrove playing the type of fitba we were earlier this season.The way he started last season was what he's capable of, til the hoofball we were playing ground the enthusiasm out of him IMO

Playing the more positive football we saw I think would get more out of both strikers,eg Wright who always seemed to make the wrong choices previously,but this season has brought out a different player

The problem is Cosgrove just isn’t capable of playing in the style of Marley Watkins who was a big part of the style we had for a few weeks.

Doesn't have anything like his mobility or work-rate

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd rather not have to pick either of them. 

But you're just being childish now. 

You know fine Cosgrove has offered nothing the last few weeks 

Not being childish at all, just realistic. There will never be a time when Main is a better option than Cosgrove & a couple of goals v County certainly doesn’t prove otherwise. Main was shite yesterday. Just as shite as Cosgrove of late but I dare say that Cosgrove could have scored the goals Main did yesterday as he would have been in exactly the same positions for both. As in, in and around 6 yard box.

Main was just as poor in the games he played that you are judging Cosgrove on of late.

Cosgrove will always offer more than Main, how often do you see Main back at his own halfway line making tackles or winning fouls for example so all this BS about Cosgrove not putting in effort is just that. BS.

team & tactics were shite in last half dozen games but we have just played basically the worst of the worst in County & we still only just snuck the better of them. 

Main has shown in all but maybe  a couple of games v shite sides last season  that he is a complete waste of a Jersey.

A lot of bitterness aimed at Cosgrove over his refusal to ‘get te France’ I’m assuming & this is what has bred this utter shite about him ‘not being interested’ which is just piss poor/lazy judgment on many fans parts.

People have very short memories & are forgetting what Cosgrove can bring & it is very much like when he first signed & took a while to get going. He still offers plenty, not on the Watkins level but he also will eventually get the end product when given the chance.

This split of opinions is very much like it was with some regards Mackie/Lovell back in the day & some many just loved Mackie when Lovell was ten times the striker of him. It’s pathetic 

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not being childish at all, just realistic. There will never be a time when Main is a better option than Cosgrove & a couple of goals v County certainly doesn’t prove otherwise. Main was shite yesterday. Just as shite as Cosgrove of late but I dare say that Cosgrove could have scored the goals Main did yesterday as he would have been in exactly the same positions for both. As in, in and around 6 yard box.

Main was just as poor in the games he played that you are judging Cosgrove on of late.

Cosgrove will always offer more than Main, how often do you see Main back at his own halfway line making tackles or winning fouls for example so all this BS about Cosgrove not putting in effort is just that. BS.

team & tactics were shite in last half dozen games but we have just played basically the worst of the worst in County & we still only just snuck the better of them. 

Main has shown in all but maybe  a couple of games v shite sides last season  that he is a complete waste of a Jersey.

A lot of bitterness aimed at Cosgrove over his refusal to ‘get te France’ I’m assuming & this is what has bred this utter shite about him ‘not being interested’ which is just piss poor/lazy judgment on many fans parts.

People have very short memories & are forgetting what Cosgrove can bring & it is very much like when he first signed & took a while to get going. He still offers plenty, not on the Watkins level but he also will eventually get the end product when given the chance.

This split of opinions is very much like it was with some regards Mackie/Lovell back in the day & some many just loved Mackie when Lovell was ten times the striker of him. It’s pathetic 

You're making a lot of excuses for Cosgrove there.  Everyone and everything else to blame except him. 

I'm ready for life after Cosgrove. I don't like the way we play when he's in the team and I don't like his can't be arsed attitude lately.  

We're best off cashing in. In hindsight last Xmas would have been the best time to sell as he has barely scored this calendar year before or after his injury. 

He should be fucking embarrassed that he's lost his place in the starting line up to Main twice this year.  In January and in the last couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're making a lot of excuses for Cosgrove there.  Everyone and everything else to blame except him. 

I'm ready for life after Cosgrove. I don't like the way we play when he's in the team and I don't like his can't be arsed attitude lately.  

We're best off cashing in. In hindsight last Xmas would have been the best time to sell as he has barely scored this calendar year before or after his injury. 

I’m not. The WHOLE team & tactics have been shite is what I said. 
Also said that both Cosgrove & Main were shite in those games also. You are imagining a lot just to try & suggest Main is the best option now.

Main will never be a better option than Cosgrove is all I am saying. Couple of goals v a pathetic County doesn’t change this

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I’m not. The WHOLE team & tactics have been shite is what I said. 
Also said that both Cosgrove & Main were shite in those games also. You are imagining a lot just to try & suggest Main is the best option now.

Main will never be a better option than Cosgrove is all I am saying. Couple of goals v a pathetic County doesn’t change this

Shows how poor Cosgrove has been this year when he lost his place to Main twice.  In January and then now. 

They're both shit. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shows how poor Cosgrove has been this year when he lost his place to Main twice.  In January and then now. 

They're both shit. 

They have both been shite lately but the difference is that Cosgrove hasn’t ALWAYS been shite. Main HAS.

Main will also NEVER, be a 20 goals+ a season striker where as Cosgrove has proven he can be in every full season he has played for us.

There is quite simply no comparison between the two on abilities in general. One is a player that has proven he CAN be a huge asset. The other never  has & never will

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

They have both been shite lately but the difference is that Cosgrove hasn’t ALWAYS been shite. Main HAS.

Main will also NEVER, be a 20 goals+ a season striker where as Cosgrove has proven he can be in every full season he has played for us.

There is quite simply no comparison between the two on abilities in general. One is a player that has proven he CAN be a huge asset. The never has & never will

So your answer is to play Cosgrove because he scored goals in 2019? Regardless of how he's playing now at the end of 2020?

So your answer is to play Cosgrove because he scored goals in 2019? Regardless of how he's playing now at the end of 2020?

He is the best option available of the three strikers, so YES that is my answer 

If Watkins was fit I would have him in over Cosgrove now but he isn’t so it is fk all to do with bias towards Cosgrove 

I think Main is easily the worst of the four strikers, with Edmondson a very close second worst

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

He is the best option available of the three strikers, so YES that is my answer 

If Watkins was fit I would have him in over Cosgrove now but he isn’t so it is fk all to do with bias towards Cosgrove 

I think Main is easily the worst of the four strikers, with Edmondson a very close second worst

Fair enough. 

I'd rather sell him so we didn't have to talk about him. Main and Edmondson can go too. 

We need a fresh start up front, preferably with strikers that are quicker and more mobile 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Cosgrove has had the misfortune of being tied into a time where the whole side & tactics have been found to be shite.

Main has been in this time also but he had the benefit of getting the nod v the very worst side of the bunch we have played whilst still being said shite side ourselves

See this is where we disagree. 

I think Cosgrove is the issue when it comes to the style of play. I think we were able to play differently BECAUSE he wasn't in the team. 

The football of the last 2 years also bear this out despite his goals (almost half are penalties btw).  

Fair enough. 

I'd rather sell him so we didn't have to talk about him. Main and Edmondson can go too. 

We need a fresh start up front, preferably with strikers that are quicker and more mobile 

I’d rather sell him as well whilst his value is still high but getting stuck with him should his value have dropped is not exactly the worst result either.

we clearly need another striker or two & if we aren’t going to get the cash for Cosgrove we hoped for then I’d prefer Main is the first out the door of them

See this is where we disagree. 

I think Cosgrove is the issue when it comes to the style of play. I think we were able to play differently BECAUSE he wasn't in the team. 

The football of the last 2 years also bear this out despite his goals (almost half are penalties btw).  

This is something else that is being overly exaggerated IMO 

Wright & Hedges have certainly given us a little extra spark but That has fk all to do with Cosgroves absence & the team played no different with Main starting yesterday either