Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I see the usual post match arguments have broken out!! 

Good three points. Wasn't much of a game but the team worked hard for that. 

Hopefully go on a run now (famous last words).  Who knows what might open up this year if you keep yourself in the hunt. It's been a funny old season so far. 

What arguments?

I don’t see any arguments 

are you trying to start arguments just to make your point valid?

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No I wasn’t. 
His goal was an irrelevance to the result.

His performance was pish.

He was shit slow & had a pretty pathetic attempt on goal 100%

BUT

In his ten to 15 mins he got clear twice (albeit at snails pace but still got there) & brought a save from keeper & also had to be taken down to prevent a goal but scored the free kick. Lil harsh to say that was pish. If he done that much every 15 mins of games it would hardly be called pish

Not forgetting that was in the ‘game management’ spell where we try park bus & counter & (as you expect) Killie have most of play in chasing game. They had three corners in the time Cosgrove was on field. 

4 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

I'd like to take a second to appreciate the first time ball fae Campbell for the Cosgrove free kick.....

sublime 

It was a lovely ball min, shame about his first contribution though that led to Eamonn Brophy''s free kick that just went wise.

However, he can be proud of how he never let that get to him and afterwards put in a very good performance. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

BUT

In his ten to 15 mins he got clear twice (albeit at snails pace but still got there) & brought a save from keeper & also had to be taken down to prevent a goal but scored the free kick. Lil harsh to say that was pish. If he done that much every 15 mins of games it would hardly be called pish

Not forgetting that was in the ‘game management’ spell where we try park bus & counter & (as you expect) Killie have most of play in chasing game. They had three corners in the time Cosgrove was on field. 

Very true on Cosgrove.

A goal and the rest he did in just 15 minutes "is irrelevant" though says the simpleton

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

BUT

Ach I’m not arguing.

We won 2-0 & that’s the main thing 

This game was a struggle for me. The last month has been. What a contrast on performance compared to what we had in the first couple of months of the season. The football was really enjoyable but now it is a hard watch and very much the same cack as to what we have had to endure over the last two to three years. Is missing wright and Watkins that deep an scar that it completely changes the way a team plays? Certainly seems that way. And while I am focusing on some low points I expect more from ferguson and mccrorie. If these guys are meant to be international class then they need to dominate more. Its not been good enough from both. 

7 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

I'd like to take a second to appreciate the first time ball fae Campbell for the Cosgrove free kick.....

sublime 

6 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Looks to have bulked up, you been spotting him in the weight room over lockdown

He definitely has. Now he needs to use that physique. He seems to be very half arsed in closing down opponents. 

27 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Fell asleep about 20 minutes in. Practising hard being not a 'real' Dons fan.

Good to win. Doesn't sound like I missed much?

Deserved to win. Wasn't pretty, nevertheless could have been a bigger margin with some better decision making. 

Hoban looks like he's out for 6 weeks or so. Yet another hammy (not him personally, just seems we suffer more than our fair share of them)

It was a decent performance and we could have won by more.

A few times we had sight of goal but seemed reluctant to shoot, strange given McInnes later said he had been drilling them to know killie lose goals from the edge of the box as their defence collapses deep into the box.

Hedges worked hard and was a stand out.  Pleased to see Cosgrove get on the score sheet, we can thank Killie's shitty wall for that.