Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Aberdeen

On 12/21/2020 at 9:59 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Big Ash had a game that is fairly typical of how he plays 90% of the time. These games tend to go unnoticed. So I'll give him some praise cause I know it'll probably annoy some folk.

The problem was when he thought he was some sort of Franko Baresi and could step out of defence with the ball into midfield, those were when most fans were on edge in case he over ran it or lost possession. 

Taylor is a decent enough center half when he sticks to defending 101.

To be fair he has done that for most of this season (stuck to simple defending)

Just now, afc1903mad said:

The problem was when he thought he was some sort of Franko Baresi and could step out of defence with the ball into midfield, those were when most fans were on edge in case he over ran it or lost possession. 

Taylor is a decent enough center half when he sticks to defending 101.

To be fair he has done that for most of this season (stuck to simple defending)

McInnes has worked out that you've got to play him in the middle of the three.  That way he doesn't have to do much with the ball on the floor other than give it to Hoban or Considine 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McInnes has worked out that you've got to play him in the middle of the three.  That way he doesn't have to do much with the ball on the floor other than give it to Hoban or Considine 

That may indeed be the case, effectively nullifying Taylors weaknesses and focusing on his strengths.

Certainly watching the games this season, I don't see Taylor as the liability he previously was.

Certainly as effective as Findlay of Killie.

I've not seen enough of Motherwell to compare against Gallagher (who showed well enough in the Scotland games), but the Motherwell defence this season would suggest that he's not a messiah either. 

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

That may indeed be the case, effectively nullifying Taylors weaknesses and focusing on his strengths.

Certainly watching the games this season, I don't see Taylor as the liability he previously was.

Certainly as effective as Findlay of Killie.

I've not seen enough of Motherwell to compare against Gallagher (who showed well enough in the Scotland games), but the Motherwell defence this season would suggest that he's not a messiah either. 

Ash Taylor is good in the air. When he keeps it simple, he’s generally fine. 

He has two main faults.

1) when he forgets he’s not Franz Beckenbauer.

2) Lack of concentration & positional sense sometimes 

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ash Taylor is good in the air. When he keeps it simple, he’s generally fine. 

He has two main faults.

1) when he forgets he’s not Franz Beckenbauer.

2) Lack of concentration & positional sense sometimes 

#2. Touch of the Langfield genetics about him.

generally arite and then just when you least expect it or need it, calamity strikes.