8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Pleased with Gallagher if he comes in. 

Would like to get some younger players in next though.  I know we need new experienced pros with the right mindset but it would be good to get a few in that are in the younger age group as well. 

It’s a good signing if it happens. Assuming he plays a back 4. I thought that Ross M would drop back to being a right sided centre half, given the arrival of SB. Personal view is that Ross would do well there and would tick the ball playing centre half box. If a back 3 then still scope for that of course. 
If he plays 2 holding players, then we have; Funso, Dylan M, Ross M, Campbell and Brown, 2 of which; funso and Dylan M (?) would need to go...

17 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

It’s a good signing if it happens. Assuming he plays a back 4. I thought that Ross M would drop back to being a right sided centre half, given the arrival of SB. Personal view is that Ross would do well there and would tick the ball playing centre half box. If a back 3 then still scope for that of course. 
If he plays 2 holding players, then we have; Funso, Dylan M, Ross M, Campbell and Brown, 2 of which; funso and Dylan M (?) would need to go...

What a terribly written post.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Hopefully Gallagher's CB partner is either Jimmy Dunne, Murray Wallace or Dominic Hyam with young Tom McIntyre of Reading backing them up

That Jimmy Dunne 'rumour' is a few years old now. 

And the rest is a Google search of Scottish defenders playing in the English championship. All of which are regulars. 

Seeing as our record sale was a Scottish centre back going to the championship I'd safely say that none of those are realistic options. 

Liam Lindsay on loan maybe. 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And the rest is a Google search of Scottish defenders playing in the English championship. All of which are regulars. 

Seeing as our record sale was a Scottish centre back going to the championship I'd safely say that none of those are realistic options. 

All listed above apart from Lindsay will be out of contract this summer and the majority will not get their contracts renewed due to English clubs haemorrhaging cash this past year. You never know!

37 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I’d be surprised if we get anyone one of these types of players. I think looking at the potential Gallagher signing and the talk of McGrath that Scott Brown will have a big say on who we’re signing. Glass won’t have a great knowledge of the UK players so I see him leaning on his coaches a lot for this summer.

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

All listed above apart from Lindsay will be out of contract this summer and the majority will not get their contracts renewed due to English clubs haemorrhaging cash this past year. You never know!

Jimmy Dunne would be a great signing but he’d get a club to pay him way more than us.

He’s on EPL wages just now.  

Too big a drop.

Someone in the Championship would pay a good bit more than us. 

3 minutes ago, theredshed said:

Anyone else rate Devante Cole? 11 goals this season, good with the ball at his feet and can finish well.

Done well with 'Well but they are his 5th permanent club in 5 years (with a couple of loans thrown in for good measure tn that period)

Out of contract at the end of the season so no fee to pay, doubt he would be looking for a massive increase on his 'Well wages either. But no doubt EFL1 clubs will have noticed and are thinking the same. Maybe as a third choice ( looking to make himself second choice in a year or so) he would be worth a punt. But there are a lot of cheap strikers going to be available this summer that could fulfil that role.

2 hours ago, slippers said:

He was valued at 1.5m when Championship clubs were sniffing about. 

aye  but he's out of contract so you never know. has one cap for northern ireland - has hit 20 goals this season in league one

Cole would be a gamble. He’s got better as the season has worn on but how much of that is down to change of manager or style of play or just plain old him getting a consistent run as the main man?

I think he’s decent but again because we currently have no decent strikers, while decent is an improvement, decent shouldn’t be the acceptable standard.

What a mess McInnes has left behind, 8 years and signed only really 2 successful strikers worthy of the shirt (Rooney, Cosgrove).

10 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d be surprised if we get anyone one of these types of players. I think looking at the potential Gallagher signing and the talk of McGrath that Scott Brown will have a big say on who we’re signing. Glass won’t have a great knowledge of the UK players so I see him leaning on his coaches a lot for this summer.

Russell's mate Harry Kane incoming then ?