Steven Gunn- Football Operations Manager.

20 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Bit of humble pie for us admittedly. We defended him at the beginning... he's fucking shit. 

Yip, I loved the idea of promoting a guy from within, someone who knows the club, I thought it would work pretty well but I got that completely wrong.

It's not all doom and gloom. He can use excel. 

He once put a spreadsheet together that listed the amount we'd spent on all our players and then divided that by the number of minutes they'd all played to work out how many £ we'd spent per minute on each player. 

Dave was hugely impressed by this during one of Mal's puff pieces in the early days before everything got exposed and the videos got stopped. 

3 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Incredible he's been able to continue for so long at the club whilst almost continually being abject at best at his job by any metric

Least he's a good dons man....... 

I kinda feel like he's a rubber-faced gype who's no better at his job than anyone else Cormack has appointed, tbh. 

6 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Understandable 

I suspect he's 'permitted' to be negligent by being a 'yes' man, however

Thats the ultimate problem at the club, all answering to 1 man who is ego driven and too proud to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about

Better to have gone down the Wrexham/Stockport route and appoint people in roles who know what they're doing (granted those two were able to spend far more than other teams around them)

6 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Understandable 

I suspect he's 'permitted' to be negligent by being a 'yes' man, however

Everyone knows Cormack is the main problem but that shouldn’t take any heat away from Gunn and his complete lack of ability to do his job

Just now, Granite95 said:

Thats the ultimate problem at the club, all answering to 1 man who is ego driven and too proud to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about

Better to have gone down the Wrexham/Stockport route and appoint people in roles who know what they're doing (granted those two were able to spend far more than other teams around them)

Good leaders appoint strong people because they aren't insecure about their own position and they know good people performing under them reflects well on them. 

Insecure leaders appoint weak people so they don't feel threatened and there's no risk others getting the credit instead of them. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

Everyone knows Cormack is the main problem but that shouldn’t take any heat away from Gunn and his complete lack of ability to do his job

Agreed

Although my point, I guess, is all about the here and now?

Cormack needing to be dealt with has to wait imo