Steven Gunn- Football Operations Manager.

Hopefully this independent (lol) review is showing some major red flags against this guy. Aside from the managerial shit show, he’s overseen some abysmal recruitment. 

For every Miovski there’s the fact we’ve spent the guts of £1million on Morris & Gueye. Another £400k on Jensen who looks to be no better than who we had last season (yet apparently was worth waiting for). Did we pay money for McGarry (mind him?)

A full January window with glaring deficiencies and he’s overseen none of them being addressed. Saw fit along with Cormack & Burrows to leave it to the very last minute to punt Robson so the new manager had no chance to assess & address any issues he sees. 

• Upvote 5

I love seeing this thread pop up, gives me a chance to let off some steam.

Absolute farce that he was ever considered for this position, never mind being handed it. Seriously what is this guys qualifications? Most likely discussed already but I want to dig deeper in to the disaster that is Steven Gunn. 

I bet he wakes up every morning pinching himself, wondering how he's managed to slither his way to such a lucrative role. 

• 2 weeks later...

If he’s still at the football club come the end of the season we might as well just delete the club.

3 years he’s been a DoF, each year has been a complete disaster. A jammy 3rd place finish doesn’t change that. Moreover he’s not nearly qualified enough for a role at a club this size.

Until we get proper people in these important positions we will continue to linger around the bottom six.

6 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

If he’s still at the football club come the end of the season we might as well just delete the club.

3 years he’s been a DoF, each year has been a complete disaster. A jammy 3rd place finish doesn’t change that. Moreover he’s not nearly qualified enough for a role at a club this size.

Until we get proper people in these important positions we will continue to linger around the bottom six.

Definitely delete the club

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Cormack is the bigger issue. Gunn will get dealt with soon enough but until Cormack takes a step back, we’re only heading to one place - the Championship 

Yeah Cormack should step back and give Gunn even more control, a bloke who is laughed at and ignored by people he is meant to deal with because he's fucking useless.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yeah Cormack should step back and give Gunn even more control, a bloke who is laughed at and ignored by people he is meant to deal with because he's fucking useless.

Step back and give Burrows more control would make more sense.

However i’m not totally convinced with him either 

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Cormack is the bigger issue. Gunn will get dealt with soon enough but until Cormack takes a step back, we’re only heading to one place - the Championship 

Cormack is going nowhere

Gunn does need emptied though 

If everyone at the top of the club remain, what kind of message does that send out to the fans 

We could be going from record ST sales to a record low 

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Gunn's a symptom of the underlying problem. Dave Cormack 100% needs to take a step back and part of that process has to be, relieving Gunn of his duties. Right now Cormack's de facto DoF, Gunn's little more than a figurehead.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Right now Cormack's de facto DoF, Gunn's little more than a figurehead.

From what I'm told, that isn't correct. Gunn does actually do the DoF stuff. He's just poor at it.

I don't believe he'll be in that position next season.