Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Like the rest I had high hopes for Mcinnes.

But It's been a continuous pattern of being out thought, outplayed - sometimes by other somewhat lesser sides.

The league cup win , we were lucky ( I thought at the time ) Then outplayed by st J again in cup semi.

Mcinnes had better players to work with when at Bristol I imagine , but the failings must have been apparent there.

I listened to Willie Miller on radio last night , whom I like as a commentator - he makes a lot of good sense. He described how woeful we were.

Then bizarrely remarked he thought we had a good enough team, & would only have money for one or two additions.

I am wondering if he is implying that the manager is the problem.

I think both manager , also many of the players are not good enough. ( plus the chairman off course, cant leave him out) also the ground - need a new one.

Me, I am a failure too

We have managed to come 2nd and 3rd the past few years without Sevco in the league and it's been decent. However, it feels like we have missed a massive opportunity in all honesty. We could have kicked on and really strengthened but it seems to have gone stale this year. We play boring football, don't score enough goals and always have a performance like last night in us.

This season has been incredibly disappointing. Don't see how people can be happy with stumbling our way towards second.

Like I said in the match thread, I'm not calling for McInnes' head, I just wouldn't be arsed if he left.

Don't think mcinnes need to go yet

But Mcinnes has taken this team as far as it can go.

8 players who were in the 1st split of 2014 were involved tonight

10 players who were involved in the first split of 2015 were involved tonight

if you were to add in Rooney Pawlett and Taylor into the mix last night (as even if not starting the would have been squad players)

10 of the players from 2014 would have been involved

13 of the players from 2015 would have been involved

More than that in 2015 we could have played the same starting 11 and had two of the same subs

That same group of players is both our strength and our weakness, the players know each other really well and possibly because they know each other so well when one is having a bad game then it spreads because of that as they are all intertwined with strengths and weaknesses

Also every other team only needs look at last season teamsheet to know who and how we will play

Mcinnes has taken this team as far as he can this group of players cant be taken any further _ doubt any other manager could take them further, they have reached a plateau

Time to change the core of the team

I think we need to keep the manager but turn up the heat on him a bit.

Pre February he had:

Ward

Quinn

McLaughlin

Parker

Goodwillie

it was his decision to bin them all and only replace them with Collin (and never fucking use him) and Church. £200k + wages was available to him for Tansey but he blew it and not only did not go and spend it elsewhere still sanctioned the above reduction in first team squad size

We would have been better off signing a few average players if mcinnes was willing to use them.

We are suffering again from his running the players into the ground with his '1 game at a time' not resting any players tactics.

I think he has to stay but as a minimum we must maintain qualifying for europe every year

Let's be careful what we wish for here.

Yes, last night was quite simply embarrassing but as supporters of our club we need to be careful of a knee jerk reaction to what has been a poor run of form of late, the Hamilton game being against the norm in the last month or so.

We have a group of good SPL players who over he last 3 seasons have amassed an impressive amount of points during this time which shows a high level of consistency. We were all living the dream, myself included, at times during this campaign thinking we could take the title but unfortunately we just don't have the required quality and mentality to take the massive leap.

We have a good manager who has proven he can unearth and sign players to improve us, it's a big summer for him as we do need a squad refresh, but what we don't need this summer is a change in manager.

It's now over to the board to give the manager the necessary backing to give the squad more depth and a fresh impetus for next seaons challenges which undoubtably will be more difficult due to the rangers promotion and a new manager in to replace the idiot in charge at Celtic.

If mcinnes doesn't get the money from the tight fisted bunch of so called directors and bob the builder during the summer, he should walk away. No money for improving this team of bottlers and next seasons end they will be joining or taking the place of Dundee united in the championship, if it wasn't for Danny Ward they would be in the bottom six. All the big fat smug directors f---cked up in January, a 2 year old could see Aberdeen needed at least 3 new signings. Plus its time to to bin the ones that think effort means a posh fart. Four or five need to go and we all know who they are.

If there is no new quality signings before the summer the only way Aberdeen will advance in Europe is if they hire a bus for the bottlers and tour and take in the scenery. They have let down and I mean they Directors Chairman the lot, Let down all the loyal supporters who give up their hard earned wages each week to watch this shower of shit perform like a bunch of poofs. Hearts will take second spot as icannot see this bunch scoring any goals in the next 4 games. Last night outplayed out thought and out classed by wright and his players AGAIN. Motherwell nexT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hearts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Celtic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ross county !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McInnes still deserves our backing but if we lose 2nd place and he makes as big a cunt of the summer transfer window as he did the January one, which is still to date the worst transfer window under any fucking manager of AFC, then it's probably time to source someone else that can take the team forward.

McInnes still deserves our backing but if we lose 2nd place and he makes as big a cunt of the summer transfer window as he did the January one, which is still to date the worst transfer window under any fucking manager of AFC, then it's probably time to source someone else that can take the team forward.

Agree with that, but he needs money from Milne. Hearts have more to spend as have Celtic and Sevco. The very most we can expect is probably 3rd spot next season. Looks like Milne is happy to be Top Six as every other club in the Premiership is. No ambition.

Let's be careful what we wish for here.

Yes, last night was quite simply embarrassing but as supporters of our club we need to be careful of a knee jerk reaction to what has been a poor run of form of late, the Hamilton game being against the norm in the last month or so.

We have a group of good SPL players who over he last 3 seasons have amassed an impressive amount of points during this time which shows a high level of consistency. We were all living the dream, myself included, at times during this campaign thinking we could take the title but unfortunately we just don't have the required quality and mentality to take the massive leap.

We have a good manager who has proven he can unearth and sign players to improve us, it's a big summer for him as we do need a squad refresh, but what we don't need this summer is a change in manager.

It's now over to the board to give the manager the necessary backing to give the squad more depth and a fresh impetus for next seaons challenges which undoubtably will be more difficult due to the rangers promotion and a new manager in to replace the idiot in charge at Celtic.

Agree with all this.

Finishing 2nd this year is seen as the equivilant of finishing 4th next year, considering how tough it will be at the top next season, relative budgets, etc.

He needs a big year next season to get everyone excited again. Either making it to the group stages of the Europa League, getting to a cup final, or getting us into the top two again.

And I think he'll manage at least one of the above.

Plus they are happy to let cheats operate in our midst.

Scottish football is like the cinema, make believe, and fine if you want to go along with the narrative.

It's not sport.

True.

Not a hope in hell we can challenge for the league next year and changing the manager won't make a difference. Fans are stupid if they think we can challenge next season. I think it was possible this season but we fucked it up and we won't get another chance at it any time soon.

Back to Celtic and Rangers every year and fans just accept it.

I would say we need a good 6 first teamers. To challenge at top end, that's going to cost a lot,

Do we have the £ and ambition for that? No, cos were Aberdeen.

This team is done, I just hope we can keep Hayes and Rooney

& Shinnie & McLean & Logan (possibly McGinn if he would show more effort) but wouldn't be fussed in the slightest if we replaced ALL the rest.

True.

Not a hope in hell we can challenge for the league next year and changing the manager won't make a difference. Fans are stupid if they think we can challenge next season. I think it was possible this season but we fucked it up and we won't get another chance at it any time soon.

Back to Celtic and Rangers every year and fans just accept it.

Billy McNeil did well for us. Look what the next manager did after him!

• Upvote 2

Not saying I want rid of McInnes in the slightest but there are managers out there (in this league) that could do just as good if not better than him.

We have gotten used to having shite managers so basically any kind of improvement was always going to get slightly more praise than deserved.

McInnes is articulate, good man manager (it would seem) & over all a pretty decent/reliable manager but he has weaknesses, especially tactically. He has been done over tactically by a good few managers in the league with much smaller budgets also.

Will be hard to replace only because our club have been so inept in the past at finding decent managers. McInnes could fast become "better the devil you know" because of our clubs failures in the past.

McInnes has done a lot for the club but he is far from irreplaceable. He needs to be given funds/backing to replace/strengthen in a lot of positions in the first team & squad.

Not saying I want rid of McInnes in the slightest but there are managers out there (in this league) that could do just as good if not better than him.

We have gotten used to having shite managers so basically any kind of improvement was always going to get slightly more praise than deserved.

McInnes is articulate, good man manager (it would seem) & over all a pretty decent/reliable manager but he has weaknesses, especially tactically. He has been done over tactically by a good few managers in the league with much smaller budgets also.

Will be hard to replace only because our club have been so inept in the past at finding decent managers. McInnes could fast become "better the devil you know" because of our clubs failures in the past.

McInnes has done a lot for the club but he is far from irreplaceable. He needs to be given funds/backing to replace/strengthen in a lot of positions in the first team & squad.

So his limitations will continue to be a restriction on sustaining a long term challenge?

So his limitations will continue to be a restriction on sustaining a long term challenge?

Basically yes. Like it or not but the league is getting stronger.

Hearts will be stronger next season, as will Celtic, as will be Sevco compared to whoever they replace (Utd). Looks like Motherwell are improving again, Caley have been poor (except v us) this season but will likely be better. St's haven't been at their best but have still been a big thorn in our side consistently.

McInnes needs funds/backing to continue to compete let alone improve if you ask me.

He will go backwards next season without backing.

Edit.. & by backing I mean MORE than the normal budget allowances.

Won't happen though.

"I know what I need to get in but there won't be wholesale changes" is what McInnes said last night.

THAT is pretty worrying if you ask me because barring the likes of Shinnie, Rooney, Hayes, McLean, Logan & McGinn. The rest could/should be very easily replaced.

Replacing one or two of the others with much better could hide/compensate for others not being able to be replaced but not by much.

I would say we need at least SIX better players in to compete next season at a level close to this season.

Who?

Basically yes. Like it or not but the league is getting stronger.

Hearts will be stronger next season, as will Celtic, as will be Sevco compared to whoever they replace (Utd). Looks like Motherwell are improving again, Caley have been poor (except v us) this season but will likely be better. St's haven't been at their best but have still been a big thorn in our side consistently.

McInnes needs funds/backing to continue to compete let alone improve if you ask me.

He will go backwards next season without backing.

Edit.. & by backing I mean MORE than the normal budget allowances.

Won't happen though.

How come you're convinced all these teams will be stronger, but we won't?

"Caley have been poor but will likely improve."

You could make that assumption about every single team. Including us.