Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

At his post-match interview on Friday it seemed to me it was clear that he understands the type of player we need; he sounded a broken man in a way, resigned to the fact he needs to rely on a 37 year-old whose legs have gone to add steel to his team.

I would not at all be surprised to see McLennan used in the next few games as well.

McLennan will start on Saturday

Mcinnes may see it now, but it was back end of last year he should've been addressing it ready for January transfer window,

He should have had a replacement lined up in the event ward was recalled, we all so the fucking calamity by mignolet and bogdan and feared klopp would recall ward,

Alex Ferguson once said that as soon as he signed a player he immediately started looking for his replacement,

What is going to be judged as success next season is 3rd or 4th, and a couple of semi final enough?

This was the season where mcinnes had an opportunity to break the stranglehold, and become a keg and in the Scottish game.

We missed this chance, and we will live to regret it.

Mcinnes may see it now, but it was back end of last year he should've been addressing it ready for January transfer window,

He should have had a replacement lined up in the event ward was recalled, we all so the fucking calamity by mignolet and bogdan and feared klopp would recall ward,

Alex Ferguson once said that as soon as he signed a player he immediately started looking for his replacement,

What is going to be judged as success next season is 3rd or 4th, and a couple of semi final enough?

This was the season where mcinnes had an opportunity to break the stranglehold, and become a keg and in the Scottish game.

You'll have to help me out here. Did you mean 'become a legend' or do you think he has aspirations to be one of these?

oak+barrels+kegs+casks.jpg

NOT being pedantic, BTW.

This was the season where mcinnes had an opportunity to break the stranglehold, and become a legend in the Scottish game.

McIntyre is a good manager. As is Wright.

However they don't get scrutinised as much as McInnes does, which means some people look at the league table, think "haven't little Ross County done well", and think they can do things at a bigger club.

Try following Ross County and St Johnstone more and you'll see the mistakes they make but get away with because they're at smaller clubs and their fans don't expect to win every game.

McIntyre is two years away from being ready for a job like Aberdeen.

• Downvote 1

However they don't get scrutinised as much as McInnes does, which means some people look at the league table, think "haven't little Ross County done well", and think they can do things at a bigger club.

Try following Ross County and St Johnstone more and you'll see the mistakes they make but get away with because they're at smaller clubs and their fans don't expect to win every game.

Correct....anyone remember a certain Mr Paterson? He also came with a former Aberdeen striker as an assistant

And cup wins, of course.

I'd be disappointed if we swapped McInnes for McIntyre in the next 18 months.

I don't think there's a manager in Scotland right now I'd rather have than McInnes. Tommy Wright is the only one that maybe comes close.

We won't be punting McInnes anytime soon anyway

Aye I don't think it will be a case of us punting him...Derek will be the one who decides whether he stays or not...IMHO

He's only going to leave when he gets a better offer, I don't think a new stadium / training facilities would stop him if someone from the Championship / EPL / "The Rangers" offered him a wad of cash and a big budget.

He'd be a bit more cautious to leave a club that backs him after what happened last time. hopefully an exciting summer ahead

He's only going to leave when he gets a better offer, I don't think a new stadium / training facilities would stop him if someone from the Championship / EPL / "The Rangers" offered him a wad of cash and a big budget.

There's that too obviously, but McInnes has went on record in saying that he used the new training facilities and stadium as a carrot to get McLean and Shinnie to sign.

• 3 weeks later...

McInnes must drop the 'one game at a time' shite next season.

4 wins out of 20 matches post split and the last three years probably looks worse overall.

He must improve. McGinn/Hayes having a shite game? Sub them off. Dons cruising to a 3-0 won? Sub them off. Two matches in four days? Make four/five changes.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks and I am not convinced he has any intention of changing this.

I thought he'd cracked it last season making four changes after Kairat away but he soon forgot a few weeks later

Roll on June 30th!

He has fair made a cunt of 2016 so far it has to be said. Weakenedour squad in January, refual to rest players and some bewildering tactical decisions to top it all off. The players have just looked like they want the season to be over the last few weeks. Hope to fuck we do some serious restructuring in the summer otherwise I think we'll struggle to finish 4th next season.