Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

He told them we would play a formation alien to the players so his new employer could exploit it.

He met Andrew and Hugh Dallas in the lodge a week beforehand to laugh about how they were just about to shaft Aberdeen, who had been getting ahead of themselves for a few years.

You might be right, since when has Mcinnes ever played three youth players in such a big match. In any match actually, bar the odd meaningless post-split kickabout.

When I saw the young lads coming on in that game, I knew for certain McInnes was leaving.

Not because I think it was part of a plan to through the game, simply that it was a wild deviation from his usual approach and the only reason I could think he'd do that would be because he felt it was his last chance to reward a couple of the young lads with some game time. It seemed like a parting gift.

• Upvote 1

Too late for that now really.

This train wreck could have been prevented, McInnes had control of the Stop lever at all times but never pulled it.

Correct. He's shown his hand and it's game over for him. He will never be accepted as manager now. Get him to fuck, take a wedge from Sevco and get in Potter. Sorted.

My mate who knows someone who knows someone within the club. That's why I've said pinch of salt.

Allegedly McInnes doesn't know if he would be willing to go without Doc.

If true, mcinnes can get te feck

Speaking to Sunderland about a potential move and declining is one thing, doing the same with our most bitter rivals is different