Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

What's the level that they are scoring at?

Any good?

We've got strikers who've scored at English Championship and Scot Prem level previously.  Some of the others that have left, it's arguable that they've taken a step-down.... certainly with a few of them, they're getting chances and they're converting them.

You can argue various lines here... I'm just playing devils advocate.  Why can't strikers score for Aberdeen?  Are they all rubbish, or is there some other variable?  My initial opinion was that every striker signed by McInnes is 'fucking shite' same as the majority of the Aberdeen fans.  I'm starting to revise that opinion now... I think other factors might be at play.  Isolation, negativity and lack of service, being three prime candidates.  I think a few others might be starting to come around to this idea too...

Which strikers have left us for an identical level and did brilliantly?

(And Stewart's not a striker)

he's doing a pretty good impersonation of a striker this season!  He certainly couldn't score when he played under McInnes!

What injury has Gleeson been carrying?

DMc has never once mentioned him having one and he's been in every matchday squad.

If it was an injury stopping him playing them get it sorted and fit so he can contribute.

He pulled out if the Kilmarnock squad with injury and had to be replaced by Campbell.

Which strikers have left us for an identical level and did brilliantly?

(And Stewart's not a striker)

He very much is. That's why McInnes system didn't suit him. He persisted trying to play him in the hole when he's clearly an out and out striker.

Similar with Christie. He's an out and out central midfielder.

Two examlples of very poor management from McInnes.

• Upvote 6

im a great believer that after a period of time a manager has to be changed. team talks have less impact as the players having heard them all before start to zone out.

also everyone knows that hun dmc has his personal favourites and that in itself. breeds complacency and lazyness.

once that mindset and malaise sets in with players there are only two ways to to eradicate it.

change the players and we've seen the fucking disaster hes made of that approach.

or change the manager.however with Milne more or less having given him a free pass its up to the sleekit cunt to resign.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The midfield balance is all wrong and has been all season. We started with three midfielders on Saturday (Ball, Shinnie, Ferguson) who are all naturally conservative and play more of a holding role... I questioned immediately after the game why we needed three such players for a home game against St Johnstone. If the idea was that Ferguson was supposed to be operating further forward than the other two then something obviously got lost in the team-talk, because it never happened. 

The idea that all the creativity is going to come from out wide makes us (as others have already said) incredibly predictable; the ball gets shuttled about back and forth about thirty yards from goal, all the opposition defence needs to do is hold a high line and wait for the inevitable shite cross into the box. 

Bottom line: we are crying out for more creativity in the middle of the park. Criticising the strikers when they are receiving almost literally no service is borderline insane. 

The Oxford Don, on 10 Dec 2018 - 6:22 PM, said:

The midfield balance is all wrong and has been all season. We started with three midfielders on Saturday (Ball, Shinnie, Ferguson) who are all naturally conservative and play more of a holding role... I questioned immediately after the game why we needed three such players for a home game against St Johnstone. If the idea was that Ferguson was supposed to be operating further forward than the other two then something obviously got lost in the team-talk, because it never happened.

The idea that all the creativity is going to come from out wide makes us (as others have already said) incredibly predictable; the ball gets shuttled about back and forth about thirty yards from goal, all the opposition defence needs to do is hold a high line and wait for the inevitable shite cross into the box.

Bottom line: we are crying out for more creativity in the middle of the park. Criticising the strikers when they are receiving almost literally no service is borderline insane.

There is like a massive vortex that forms, between the central midfield and the striker when you watch Aberdeen these days. Highlighted below with the red box. It's starting to give me a headache looking at it! There is no movement, no-one looking to break into this area... it's like dead space in the current Aberdeen team. Sometime Stevie May will drop deep, but if he receives the ball in the space, there is no-one ahead of him and no-one breaking the lines to link the play. I'd love to see a current heat map for AFC... it would be a dead giveaway.

We're too predictable... every other team in the league knows how we play, knows our strategy that we'll attack with width. This season really, if you stop GMS, you stop Aberdeen. We had nothing against Saints without him. We are easy to defend against and completely lacking in threat.

Vortex.png

There is like a massive vortex that forms, between the central midfield and the striker when you watch Aberdeen these days.  Highlighted below with red box.  It's starting to give me a headache looking at it!  There is no movement, no-one looking to break into this area... it's like dead space in the current Aberdeen team.  Sometime Stevie May will drop deep, but if he receives the ball in the space, there is no-one ahead of him and no-one breaking the lines to link the play.  I'd love to see a current heat map for AFC... it would be a dead giveaway. 

We're too predictable... every other team in the league knows how we play, knows our strategy that we'll attack with width.  This season really, if you stop GMS, you stop Aberdeen.  We had nothing against Saints without him.  We are easy to defend against and completely lacking in threat.

Vortex.png

:laughing:

I actually really like that... tweet the fucker to AFC, FAO Derek McInnes. 

"Pls sort red box issue, cheers" 

The team has scored 1 goal in the last 7 hours of football!!!

That is due to piss poor recruitment in midfield and attack, and it cannot be resolved before January.

And even then the recruitment has been so poor that I don't think mciness can rectify it in January given contracts etc.

So it's looking like summer at the earliest before this shit show can be fixed (if it can).

• Upvote 1

McInnes is a really flawed manager and sometimes does baffling things.

He's ok, overall. And definitely the best manager I've witnessed at the club.

I do wonder though, if this season ends as badly as it's shaping up to be, if he's gonna be here much longer. I think he'll run his contract out.

McInnes is a really flawed manager and sometimes does baffling things.

He's ok, overall. And definitely the best manager I've witnessed at the club.

I do wonder though, if this season ends as badly as it's shaping up to be, if he's gonna be here much longer. I think he'll run his contract out.

I think its highly unlikely that Milne will sack him and even more unlikely of him getting a job offer that he'll fancy.

We're stuck with him and folk reliving the days when we finished 2nd and lost cup finals.

Ferguson spent most of the first half on the wing, which was quite baffling.

I don’t think our strikers are up to much, but it’s clear that they are getting no service. No point saying we need a new striker when they’ll get zero service either. We need a number 10 and probably another winger in January otherwise I can see us seriously struggling to make top 6 this season, let alone get 2nd again.

There is like a massive vortex that forms, between the central midfield and the striker when you watch Aberdeen these days. Highlighted below with the red box. It's starting to give me a headache looking at it! There is no movement, no-one looking to break into this area... it's like dead space in the current Aberdeen team. Sometime Stevie May will drop deep, but if he receives the ball in the space, there is no-one ahead of him and no-one breaking the lines to link the play. I'd love to see a current heat map for AFC... it would be a dead giveaway.

We're too predictable... every other team in the league knows how we play, knows our strategy that we'll attack with width. This season really, if you stop GMS, you stop Aberdeen. We had nothing against Saints without him. We are easy to defend against and completely lacking in threat.

Vortex.png

Absolutely spot on. I attended with two friends on Saturday and all of us at some point were on our feet urging someone to break into this huge space which would have given St J real problems. Pawlett, even on an off day, would have undone their defence on his own. But McInnes just doesnt seem to get it.