Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Read his interview asking for more form his attacking players. Was this not the same last season until he ended up putting two strikers up front?

He has to play to our attacking players strengths and at the moment isn't doing that or playing our best attacking players. His subs were so predictable on saturday and I know he had 1 enforced change but to just change the wingers was so pointless. We had to surely go with another out and out striker with Main & Anderson on the bench. Either of them would have stretched the game and allowed us to try go in behind off Cosgrove but McInnes was more scared of losing the game than trying to win and maybe he should mention that in his post match press conference. 

Arse cheeks are battling it out and as much as we want to be up there we won't be playing this way. Hibs, Hearts and Killie are all equally as rubbish so for me this is the best time to try something different tactically and try mould a new team a new way of playing. Nobody outside the old firm are winning every week so why not have a go and attack teams, try entertain and find your best 11 a long the way. He hangs guys out to dry like Main who I'm not for one minute saying hes going to be good but to give him one appearance as an isolated figure up top is always going to get the fans on his back. Bruce Anderson has never been given a chance and is now firing for the reserves. 

• Upvote 1

They must all read at on here at least.

As much as I’m thick skinned must be shit when you open a thread and somebody is saying you are absolutely fucking pish or whatever.

Maybe would be better and hurl abuse back. How many time’s have you played for Aberdeen you prick etc

Tbf most posters get abused on here anyway

Water off a ducks back

Unless you're a fairy

They must all read at on here at least.

As much as I’m thick skinned must be shit when you open a thread and somebody is saying you are absolutely fucking pish or whatever.

Maybe would be better and hurl abuse back. How many time’s have you played for Aberdeen you prick etc

I never read individual players threads BUT McInnes if you're reading this thread surely you can see there is simmering discontent...and you can do something to address this...like he reads this shit :hysterical:  :drool:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't think there's any real pressure on McInnes. Him and Doc have just signed extentions but more than that, I think Milne will allow McInnes an off season and give him a chance to fix it. And I don't think Milne would count last season as such even if we would (3rd I'd say is a minimum and we only just lost out on that by goal difference to a side having their best points tally in 122 tries and probably won't get close again, plus three trips to Hampden) so even if he has a worse season, I still think he's safe into next season.

“In their past two league encounters they have barely fashioned a chance, let alone a goal, while they scraped past Championship side Dundee in the Betfred Cup, needing extra-time to do so.”

Sums up what 95% of folk on here are saying. Just actually fucking try and score a goal.

Agree, objective and correct. Suspect McInnes has hit the limit of his capabilities, be delighted if I was wrong but doubt it

He’a not though, he is clearly a decent manager and the players like him, it’s just the fact that for some bizarre reason that nobody understands he is instructing the team to not attack.

• Downvote 1

He’a not though, he is clearly a decent manager and the players like him, it’s just the fact that for some bizarre reason that nobody understands he is instructing the team to not attack.

He's always lacked flexibility, that's the limitation. No plan b, poor use of substitutions. He's come up with a plan, tactics, they're shite he has no capacity to make useful changes to his shite plan.

Seems like his man mangement skills are up to scratch; players want to come here (some probably can't believe their luck!). But as has been said his football management is limited, he has no plan B and he plays not to lose...completely different to playing to win. I don't think there's one team in our league who would lose any sleep knowing they had to face us. 

Mcginnes did a great job and i think he still cand do. But he is dependent on other factors. The club did well last years, but the team is not stable enough and the club does not has the financial

possibilities to grow further. The cashflow is to small to make good investments. We are depending on external investors. As long we only can get players that are free agents, on loan or a small transfer fee we are not getting any further.

reality check :

The board does what is needed. New training facility, new stadium plans and in my opinion the youth academy and scouting needs a money injection aswell.

The last 10 seasons we made around £4m out of transfers and we invested around £1,5m, way to low. Operating profit to low, last year £85.000 and, in 2017 £533.000 so there is no fucking money to invest. Cash at the bank £1,9m.

• Downvote 1

Mcginnes did a great job and i think he still cand do. But he is dependent on other factors. The club did well last years, but the team is not stable enough and the club does not has the financial

possibilities to grow further. The cashflow is to small to make good investments. We are depending on external investors. As long we only can get players that are free agents, on loan or a small transfer fee we are not getting any further.

reality check :

The board does what is needed. New training facility, new stadium plans and in my opinion the youth academy and scouting needs a money injection aswell.

The last 10 seasons we made around £4m out of transfers and we invested around £1,5m, way to low. Operating profit to low, last year £85.000 and, in 2017 £533.000 so there is no fucking money to invest. Cash at the bank £1,9m.

Paddy?

It's the law of diminishing returns, IMHO. The contract extension baffles me, when last season clearly showed us on a downward trajectory. Ultimately, with yet another feeble Euro exit and a struggle ahead to even get a European place this season, I don't see where we go from here.

I know I'm coming back to my previous assertion that we're in 2008 territory again, but some on this board said back then that Balsawood would never again manage a club with five-figure average attendances - they were bang on. I wonder if McInnes will ever manage a bigger club than ourselves in the future? If so, will he succeed there?

It's the law of diminishing returns, IMHO. The contract extension baffles me, when last season clearly showed us on a downward trajectory. Ultimately, with yet another feeble Euro exit and a struggle ahead to even get a European place this season, I don't see where we go from here.

I know I'm coming back to my previous assertion that we're in 2008 territory again, but some on this board said back then that Balsawood would never again manage a club with five-figure average attendances - they were bang on. I wonder if McInnes will ever manage a bigger club than ourselves in the future? If so, will he succeed there?

He's reached his summit. He's just bang average in a bang average league.

His ambition is to go back to England. Having turned down sevco and Sunderland, he might be viewed as a bit of a "bottler"...….although there's no doubt at the time of their approaches they were both basket cases...especially in Sunderland's case. Right now his stock cannot be that high....at best he might be mentioned if a (very) bottom end Championship club were in need of a new manager but more likely he's looking at EFL1 level...…..where he won't get a contract that beats what he's getting with us. To become attractive to even mid-table Championship clubs, he's going to have to win us another Cup. 

His ambition is to go back to England. Having turned down sevco and Sunderland, he might be viewed as a bit of a "bottler"...….although there's no doubt at the time of their approaches they were both basket cases...especially in Sunderland's case. Right now his stock cannot be that high....at best he might be mentioned if a (very) bottom end Championship club were in need of a new manager but more likely he's looking at EFL1 level...…..where he won't get a contract that beats what he's getting with us. To become attractive to even mid-table Championship clubs, he's going to have to win us another Cup.

In other words he might get another 'Bristol City' type gig.

A decent sized club that's fallen on its arse and is struggling to stay in the championship.

Or the Scotland job down the line