Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Managers just like players have a shelf life. Mcinnes has approached the end of his. The club want stability and a manager to stay for as long as possible. Unfortunately in the modern game this results in complacency setting in and the club regresses. Off-field the club seem to be in a very good place so credit to Mcinnes for his part in that. If the club really want to make on field progress then a change of management imo has to happen. Make no mistake , we would be a very attractive job for a lot of managers. Maybe we should go down the route of a Carrick or Kevin Nolan type younger hungry manager trying to make a name. We have to realise that we would just be a stepping stone for managers as well as players to make it at the highest level and the liklihood is they would last 3-4 years before moving on. If this moves the team forward and changes the mentality of the players for meekly accepting being 3/4 th best in the league then I’m all for it.

Agree on the shelf life and complacency comments, exactly where we are as a club and have been for 18 months imo.

It may also be the case that McInnes was the perfect manager for when all we needed was consistency against weaker teams but now Hearts, Hibs and the Huns are back he's a bad fit for the challenges we face now.

I wouldve gone to watch them by now if they weren't called Rangers.

That's just how petty I am though

I mentioned that to a guy in the pub yesterday, there's pros and cons in dropping rangers from their name, the obvious pro would that some petty folk like you and me might go and watch them, the major con would be losing the almost certain home draws in the cups that you get when you have a hun connection.

I mentioned that to a guy in the pub yesterday, there's pros and cons in dropping rangers from their name, the obvious pro would that some petty folk like you and me might go and watch them, the major con would be losing the almost certain home draws in the cups that you get when you have a hun connection.

Been to Cove a lot over the Years, always been a well run club unfortunate name but have never witnessed any Hunnery always enjoyed there games and always get a feel that the whole club has that winning mentality that has seen them dominate the HL and now L3, they have  lot of links to the Dons and always have had a good relationship with them

Now that we have a training ground the chances of getting a Mourinho TYPE improve.

Managerial ability. In spades

Enjoys a challenge. Absolutely

Willing to accept an establishment 2? Get to fuck (sadly two years too late on this point)

Needs a decent season to get back on the ladder. Win win as far as I’m concerned.

Not going to happen with Jose obviously but it would make great viewing - not to be 78 Holland overnight but just the change in attitude mentioned above. Bit less Craigy and his cootie ridden cup, bit more Delia let’s be fucking having you. And that would make a nice change.

I am a McInnes fan until we fall out the top four. Unfortunately that is where we are in terms of Scottish football - competing for third.

It’s hard for fans to accept but until the land scape changes or we get a healthy billionaire who is willing to blow their cash on signing players that where we will be.

It's not the finishing 3rd or 4th that's the issue with me, it's the brutal anti-football on show that's pissing me off.

We are playing like St. Johnstone, eye bleeding long ball shit!

• Upvote 1

I think the biggest thing required in the next manager is mentality, going back to the Fergie era, he gathered a squad of hungry young players and gave them the Mentality and belief to challenge the scummy duo, even back in the Smith and Willie days we were never scared to take them on toe to toe and I would say back in the late 80's and 90's the financial gulf was just as big if not bigger. Under Alex Smith we played some superb football and if not for a last day bottle job would have won the League, he also won a cup double all with unearthed talent like Mason and Snelders and good youngsters like Jess, Booth Etc. Even Jimmy would have a go at least at Pittodrie. Mcinnes defeatist attitude has always annoyed me 

I think the biggest thing required in the next manager is mentality, going back to the Fergie era, he gathered a squad of hungry young players and gave them the Mentality and belief to challenge the scummy duo, even back in the Smith and Willie days we were never scared to take them on toe to toe and I would say back in the late 80's and 90's the financial gulf was just as big if not bigger. Under Alex Smith we played some superb football and if not for a last day bottle job would have won the League, he also won a cup double all with unearthed talent like Mason and Snelders and good youngsters like Jess, Booth Etc. Even Jimmy would have a go at least at Pittodrie. Mcinnes defeatist attitude has always annoyed me

Exactly but I think it would need a big name to do that. Too many utterly indoctrinated players in Scotland. I think they’d need the belief, then the results to give them more belief and it becomes self fulfilling (as we know). But we’re currently carrying too many that are beat the second the go south of Perth. Stonehaven in fact!

Exactly but I think it would need a big name to do that. Too many utterly indoctrinated players in Scotland. I think they’d need the belief, then the results to give them more belief and it becomes self fulfilling (as we know). But we’re currently carrying too many that are beat the second the go south of Perth. Stonehaven in fact!

The whole club needs to share the same mentality at the moment our chairman and manager have the white flag raised to the Scum duo. If Mcinnes goes it would be great if Milne called it a day also and we could begin with a clean slate

This rubbish that Mcinnes defenders plough out that we should be happy being 3rd or 4th and that is where our budget places us is correct and I can see this argument but what they always miss out is the horrendous football he plays to get there. The last Year and a bit has been shocking football, Long ball rubbish, no entertainment and some of the worst signings in a very long time. Coaches that play the football Mcinnes does are dinosaurs in the modern game and will fall by the way side in the coming years. The likes of Levein and Mcinnes are in there last decent gigs. I have said for Years that Mcinnes and his negative attitude to playing Initially Celtic and Now Sevco has to rub off on the players at some point. His defeatist language is unbelievable when we play them, he is almost telling all that we have no chance before we even start. We need the attitude Steve Clarke instilled in the Killie players last Year a no fear attitude and a lets have a go and see where it takes us attitude, my choice at the moment would be Barry Robson with Sheerin assisting at least for the rest of the season

Barry “third place” Robson is another loser - don’t want him anywhere near the job

The huns aren't even that good, ive got a feeling that mcinnes worries about what the opposition can do to us rather than what we can do to them. 5 nil is utter wank, who gives a fuck if we're playing that pile of shit or the victims, its up to us to play and not concern ourselves with their bollocks. Weak.

He's done that for years. Changed our tactics every single time Celtic rolled into town under Rodgers no matter how well we'd been playing. Entire teams man marking or retreating into our half and allowing Biton or their centre backs to stroll 40 yards out of defence. Brutal defeatist shite. He's a bottle merchant and always reverts to type when the going gets tough.

• Upvote 2