Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

I don't blame them necessarily. They aren't those kind of centre backs. Poor recruitment. Still flame fatboy Derek.

I've seen our centre halves play some decent stuff out from the back the odd time. Mckenna makes some runs out from centre half which should be encouraged. However, it's obvious it's completely the opposite.

A defenders job is to give the ball to the midfielders who should then distribute the ball either wide or up to strikers, problem is our Centre halves hoof it long too much and are making themselves look poor, if Mcinnes wasn't instructing them to do this they would stop or be dropped, the hoof ball tactic is clearly coming from Mcinnes

The rumours are starting to get created, and some kernals of truth may be in some ofthem.

One such rumour i was made aware of today was of Bruce Anderson making clear his dissatisfaction about the manager via xbox live of all things.

Playing PES or FIFA I'd imagine and was gobbing off about how McInnes has lost half the dressing room and the team pissed off about his reluctance to change the team and formation.

Could all be BS, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were now factions in what used to be a pretty tight knit dressing room.

I've heard players have challenged tactics due to the ineffectiveness of them. But he's not for changing them.

Baffling

I think every true fan has challenged his tactics this year.

Been torture watching. The funny thing this season, I watched the home game v chikhura and genuinely believed we had a great team this year and would be challenging at the top. We played amazing football that night so god knows what Derek has done. Sad times

He's his own worst enemy sometimes.

As soon as he got Ojo and Bryson you could tell he wanted to go with the 3 central midfielders even if it meant an attacker short.

And when he did play an attacker he played Wright when he had loads of better options to play centrally in the 3 behind Cosgrove. Wilson or McGinn would have been better there especially now McGinn has lost a bit of pace.

Signing Main and Taylor when there was really no point. What did he think Main in particular was going to give us?

Defence off form and leaking goals so he plays the midfield deeper inviting teams to attack us. Making us easy to mark further forward resulting in long out balls to Cosgrove.

Hanging on to one goal leads against teams we should be stretching leading to inevitable goals conceded.

He's too stubborn for his own good.

I think every true fan has challenged his tactics this year.

Been torture watching. The funny thing this season, I watched the home game v chikhura and genuinely believed we had a great team this year and would be challenging at the top. We played amazing football that night so god knows what Derek has done. Sad times

Chikhura were pish. They were no better than a championship team.

He's his own worst enemy sometimes.

As soon as he got Ojo and Bryson you could tell he wanted to go with the 3 central midfielders even if it meant an attacker short.

And when he did play an attacker he played Wright when he had loads of better options to play centrally in the 3 behind Cosgrove. Wilson or McGinn would have been better there especially now McGinn has lost a bit of pace.

Signing Main and Taylor when there was really no point. What did he think Main in particular was going to give us?

Defence off form and leaking goals so he plays the midfield deeper inviting teams to attack us. Making us easy to mark further forward resulting in long out balls to Cosgrove.

Hanging on to one goal leads against teams we should be stretching leading to inevitable goals conceded.

He's too stubborn for his own good.

Agreed. To help, Taylor was bought as emergency cover in case we lost McKenna late on. Main I can only assume was bought as one of those harrier types who press very high and force a mistake AND then have the ability to do something with it. So essentially replacing May. Sadly it hasn’t worked but I won’t fault him for trying that. Plenty other faults though just as you’ve described.

• Downvote 1

His biggest fault is not recognising he’s in the entertainment business.

The majority of fans want to come along on a Saturday, after a mundane week at work, and have something to get excited about. Instead, it feels more like it’s the fans’ work too. “Went about our business”, “get on with our work”, “pleased with our work this season”.

All the great managers recognised that they needed to give the fans entertainment - Derek doesn’t, and that’s what will kill him.

I listened to Ole Gunner Solsjkar last night after their 1-1 and he bemoaned losing too many goals when they went 1 nil up. This will be his downfall at MUtd - their fans don’t want to be winning 1-0, they want to be entertained, not hanging on for a 1-0.

• Upvote 1

Funny then that 4-4-2 coincided with our best period last season then eh?

Clueless gimp

Doesn't mean that a 4-4-2 would immediately fix our problems this season. Especially when we've got plenty different players in the starting XI.

Mong

Did you not say McInnes was getting sacked on Monday? What happened? Hard to believe you would just make stuff up to get attention?

Huge reaction from Maryhill.

Love to see it.

Fallen for the bait, silly old man

Doesn't mean that a 4-4-2 would immediately fix our problems this season. Especially when we've got plenty different players in the starting XI.

Mong

You claimed it's out dated and would never work.  It worked last season

You probably pip Shoofta to the title of biggest mong on this board ye clown.

Great "windup" Saturday btw - funny guy  :rolleyes: