Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

8 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I don't think even McInnes would come away with something like this after a 4-1 scudding from the huns:  

"But if we perform like today, we will undoubtedly be a force in the Premiership. Standards are getting set all the time and we set a new one today." Mikey Mellon

There’s no-one I’d take from the Premiership to replace McInnes.

Need to look out with Scotland 

...but not towards Atlanta! 

McLeish at the end of an interview with Derek Rae on the clubs social media saying he hopes his managerial career can continue. Wonder if that was a sly hint.

Doubt he'll ever get another job in England, we're probably the biggest club he could realistically get now in management.

Not sure how I would feel after the last Gothenburg legend shitting all over his legacy so much.

Just now, Tyzo_1903 said:

McLeish at the end of an interview with Derek Rae on the clubs social media saying he hopes his managerial career can continue. Wonder if that was a sly hint.

Doubt he'll ever get another job in England, we're probably the biggest club he could realistically get now in management.

Not sure how I would feel after the last Gothenburg legend shitting all over his legacy so much.

Fuck that.

Legendary player.

Absolutely shite manager & a complete dinosaur 

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

You don't genuinely believe that, do you?

That they give managers of aberdeen an easy time as they think they aren't going to challenge the Glasgow two?

Thats absolutely pathetic if you do

Calderwood was their darling, a useful idiot who thought he was one of the establishment, with his fawning over "wee Barry" and "big Boydy" et al. He was too dense to see he was tolerated by the Weegia precisely because of his mediocrity and inability to ever trouble the "Old Firm" established order.

McInnes inherited a perfect storm and, for his first four seasons, delivered in line with expectations. He has since meekly surrendered second place to the Zombie Orcs, accepted permanence of the fabled duopoly and sees a place in Europe and a wee cup run as success. For the last 3 seasons now, we've been no closer to a trophy than in the Calderwood era and punched BELOW our weight in the league, relative to budget and resources. 

McInnes is Calderwood Mk.2 in many regards, yet just like him, he remains the Weegia's mate. If my previous post is wrong, how do you explain their admiration for such average performance?

6 hours ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Go and support Real Madrid then :rolleyes: 

That response annoys me (not a personal dig KBL).  Its not that we define ourselves coming first for first sake unlike some.  Its certainly not that we expect it, somehow 'deserve' it nor do we bankrupt ourselves endlessly pursuing it.  But when a small opportunity presents itself - doesn't matter if you're 2nd, in a final, 9th with a sniff at 8th or sneaked your way into a fourth place play off spot.  Once we do it I expect us to give it our best shot.  I don't expect to be endlessly lectured from the off about how turning up is all we should expect.  I can see that perfectly well myself!  And dont give me this "maybe they're saying it behind closed doors."  Evidence and repeated mistakes would suggest otherwise.   

9 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

McLeish as a player- Colossus. 

McLeish as a manager (all I've known him as) - hun bastard 

Oversaw some of the worst financial doping in professional sport, how much he knew about it is an irrelevance. He was part of a wholly corrupt organisation and deserves contempt for it. 

I also don't think he's well, thought the same when he was Scotland manager. Needs to call it quits, for the sake of his own health, I think. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

McLeish as a player- Colossus. 

McLeish as a manager (all I've known him as) - hun bastard 

Oversaw some of the worst financial doping in professional sport, how much he knew about it is an irrelevance. He was part of a wholly corrupt organisation and deserves contempt for it. 

I also don't think he's well, thought the same when he was Scotland manager. Needs to call it quits, for the sake of his own health, I think. 

Did an excellent job at Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers, Scotland and Birmingham and has been terrible since. Wouldn't take him at Aberdeen.

He had absolutely nothing to do with the tax scandal at Rangers. Absolutely ridiculous to think he would have any knowledge of what any of that means. "I want to buy this player" then finances are worked out by others. Do you really think a football manager arranges any financials, let alone EBT loopholes to secure players like Gregory Vignal? 

Rumours of his health aside, I think McLeish would be ok as a stop-gap manager for a couple of years to take over in a crisis.

He has enough knowledge of the Scottish game that he would be able to stabilise us and leave a decent platform for a younger manager to take over from.

Whether what we are going through right now constitutes a crisis I guess is open to debate though.

56 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Rumours of his health aside, I think McLeish would be ok as a stop-gap manager for a couple of years to take over in a crisis.

He has enough knowledge of the Scottish game that he would be able to stabilise us and leave a decent platform for a younger manager to take over from.

Whether what we are going through right now constitutes a crisis I guess is open to debate though.

I've been going to Pittodrie since about 1995 so given what I've seen 75% of the time I would say we are absolutely not in a crisis. We don't need stabilised... the problem is we are far too stable!

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Did an excellent job at Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers, Scotland and Birmingham and has been terrible since. Wouldn't take him at Aberdeen.

He had absolutely nothing to do with the tax scandal at Rangers. Absolutely ridiculous to think he would have any knowledge of what any of that means. "I want to buy this player" then finances are worked out by others. Do you really think a football manager arranges any financials, let alone EBT loopholes to secure players like Gregory Vignal? 

He definitely did have something to do with it, he won all the bogus titles. 

He's also, by his own admission a "rangers man." 

Another Scottish football old boy would be dung. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

• Willie Millers 2nd season - CRISIS
  • Ebbe Skovdahl - CRISIS
  • Steve Paterson - CRISIS
  • Mark McGhee - CRISIS

4th place in Premiership - 100% NOT A CRISIS

8 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Calderwood was their darling, a useful idiot who thought he was one of the establishment, with his fawning over "wee Barry" and "big Boydy" et al. He was too dense to see he was tolerated by the Weegia precisely because of his mediocrity and inability to ever trouble the "Old Firm" established order.

McInnes inherited a perfect storm and, for his first four seasons, delivered in line with expectations. He has since meekly surrendered second place to the Zombie Orcs, accepted permanence of the fabled duopoly and sees a place in Europe and a wee cup run as success. For the last 3 seasons now, we've been no closer to a trophy than in the Calderwood era and punched BELOW our weight in the league, relative to budget and resources. 

McInnes is Calderwood Mk.2 in many regards, yet just like him, he remains the Weegia's mate. If my previous post is wrong, how do you explain their admiration for such average performance?

The weegia and Chick Young in particular used to bang on how lucky we were to have Calderwood as he was an excellent manager. 

However, I always remember when the Scotland job became available (i.e. a job that they actually give fuck about being given to a good manager), the mask slipped and all of a sudden Chick Young wasn't quite so vocal about Mr Calderwood's talents. 

• Upvote 1

If youre at a seriously loose end you can actually look up the original HMRC tribunal judgement.  McLeish (I forget his English town pseudonym now - all participants were given one for supposed anonymity so Mr Bath, Mr Exeter, Mr Kidderminster etc) and Advocaat figured heavily with McLeish who was taken on at the height of the scandal entirely open about his legal advisor seeking precisely the surety and indemnity that "Rangers" claimed they didnt offer.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Paterson MKII

I've been going to Pittodrie since about 1995 so given what I've seen 75% of the time I would say we are absolutely not in a crisis. We don't need stabilised... the problem is we are far too stable!

Like horses locked up in a stable.   They don’t get out and perform, they get groomed fed and admired treated for feet and hamstring injuries, something like the present dons team.  Change the management team, DAVE. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Mcleish has already shat on his - jakey hun bastard

3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

That response annoys me (not a personal dig KBL).  Its not that we define ourselves coming first for first sake unlike some.  Its certainly not that we expect it, somehow 'deserve' it nor do we bankrupt ourselves endlessly pursuing it.  But when a small opportunity presents itself - doesn't matter if you're 2nd, in a final, 9th with a sniff at 8th or sneaked your way into a fourth place play off spot.  Once we do it I expect us to give it our best shot.  I don't expect to be endlessly lectured from the off about how turning up is all we should expect.  I can see that perfectly well myself!  And dont give me this "maybe they're saying it behind closed doors."  Evidence and repeated mistakes would suggest otherwise.   

Spot on.  Nobody expects us to finish first but I sure as fuck expect us to try and do so

• Upvote 1