Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

You want me to engage with the shit you’re making up?

Nothing about Neill's record was made up. 

You didn't take into account that he'd got two reams promoted so clearly his results weren't going to be as good with teams with minute budgets compared to the competition in higher leagues. 

Lazy. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

See post above. 

You said his results went downhill after a good start but he got two teams promoted so hardly a surprising outcome considering how small his budgets were once promoted. 

I stand by what I said and not once did I criticise his results in the promoted league.

I praised his Hamilton success.

Yes, Norwich we’re relegated from the Premier League (again I did not criticise this), He wasn’t sacked for those results and having been relegated, however he struggled to get results once relegated, which was why he was sacked and partly why I’m nae convinced.

Daniel Farke has twice seen Norwich relegated and not been sacked, but he has twice got them back up straight away. Norwich are very loyal to their management, but Neil had Norwich outside the play-off spots, so it’s proven the right decision to replace him.

His time at Preston is also read to have started well, but then waned off. Nothing yo do with promotions or higher leagues. The trajectory was downwards, hence why they let him go.

spacer.png

As I said, it seems he starts well and then it tails off, which is why I said I’m not convinced and as I asked earlier, how long will he be out of work?

Since Alex Neil was relieved of his duties at Preston, the following teams have replaced their manager:-

Premiership

1. Watford
  2. Crystal Palace
  3. Everton
  4. Tottenham
  5. Wolves

Championship

1. Nottingham Forrest
  2. Swansea City
  3. Fulham
  4. Barnsley
  5. Bournemouth
  6. West Brom
  7. Sheffield Utd

League One

1. Milton Keynes Dons
  2. Morcombe
  3. Doncaster Rovers

League Two

11 teams in League Two have replaced their managers but accept Neil may have rejected approach from this level as he kept his options open

Scottish Teams in top two leagues

1. Celtic
  2. Dundee Utd
  3. Ross County
  4. ICT
  5. Dunfermline
  6. Ayr
  7. Hamilton

33 teams have changed their manager, so wondering what job is going to come up that he’s going to be in the frame for.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Since Alex Neil was relieved of his duties at Preston, the following teams have replaced their manager:-

Premiership

1. Watford
  2. Crystal Palace
  3. Everton
  4. Tottenham
  5. Wolves

Championship

1. Nottingham Forrest
  2. Swansea City
  3. Fulham
  4. Barnsley
  5. Bournemouth
  6. West Brom
  7. Sheffield Utd

League One

1. Milton Keynes Dons
  2. Morcombe
  3. Doncaster Rovers

League Two

11 teams in League Two have replaced their managers but accept Neil may have rejected approach from this level as he kept his options open

Scottish Teams in top two leagues

1. Celtic
  2. Dundee Utd
  3. Ross County
  4. ICT
  5. Dunfermline
  6. Ayr
  7. Hamilton

33 teams have changed their manager, so wondering what job is going to come up that he’s going to be in the frame for.

If he was actually hot property down south pretty much all of them championship teams would have taken a punt. We could be his best option at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

If he was actually hot property down south pretty much all of them championship teams would have taken a punt. We could be his best option at the moment.

Absolutely, He had a fantastic start at Hamilton, went to Norwich to do a similar job and again was initially successful, however since Norwich was relegated in the summer of 16, he won’t have given any indication he can get their team promoted to the Premier League

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely, He had a fantastic start at Hamilton, went to Norwich to do a similar job and again was initially successful, however since Norwich was relegated in the summer of 16, he won’t have given any indication he can get their team promoted to the Premier League

He didn’t just have a fantastic ‘start’ at Accies though. He totally followed up & was very consistent for his whole tenure there. Especially considering budget & player sales. If his fantastic start with them had in fact dropped off like you seem to be implying, then Norwich wouldn’t have taken him & paid for the privilege.

Saying he only had a fantastic start with Accies is harsh as fk & only done (imo) to suit the rest of the argument for the same point. Also don’t really think he tailed off much with Norwich in reality, as they clearly made their cash in EPL then paid off debts with parachute payments afterwards (this is how clubs like them function) so they cut back.

Preston wanted miracles from him on a pretty poor budget also. They hoped for similar to his achievements with Norwich but didn’t back him as much for the EPL push.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He didn’t just have a fantastic ‘start’ at Accies though. He totally followed up & was very consistent for his whole tenure there. Especially considering budget & player sales. If his fantastic start with them had in fact dropped off like you seem to be implying, then Norwich wouldn’t have taken him & paid for the privilege.

Saying he only had a fantastic start with Accies is harsh as fk & only done (imo) to suit the rest of the argument for the same point.

It may seem harsh, but I say a start as he only managed 6 months in the top league before he left to go to Norwich. It was a fantastic start, but we don’t know if it was sustainable.

Similarly, Martindale had an excellent start to his Livi management, but hasn’t been able to sustain it.

Also don’t really think he tailed off much with Norwich in reality, as they clearly made their cash in EPL then paid off debts with parachute payments afterwards (this is how clubs like them function) so they cut back.

Not really, there was no big fire sale of players. They sold Redmond for £10M but bought in Alex Pritchard from Tottenham for £8M and Sergi Canos from Liverpool for £2.5M.

He himself had said he made poor signings so had tailed off as they didn’t even make the play-off okacings.

Preston wanted miracles from him on a pretty poor budget also. They hoped for similar to his achievements with Norwich but didn’t back him as much for the EPL push.

Yep, Preston had hoped he would bring experience of getting a team promoted from the championship.

By all accounts, they started well, but then regressed and their trend was getting further away from challenging.

Only his first season there out of four, did they make the play-offs

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Saying he only had a fantastic start with Accies is harsh as fk & only done (imo) to suit the rest of the argument for the same point. Also don’t really think he tailed off much with Norwich in reality, as they clearly made their cash in EPL then paid off debts with parachute payments afterwards (this is how clubs like them function) so they cut back.

Correct. 

You have to wonder what afc1903's motivation is here. 

Defends Glass every week after every defeat because he 'can see what he's trying to do' 

Yet goes to extremes to try and  dismantle the record of Alex Neill whose record is light years superior to Glass. 

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Correct. 

Defends Glass every week after every defeat because he 'can see what he's trying to do' 

Yet goes to extremes to try and  dismantle the record of Alex Neill whose record is light years superior to Glass. 

He is a troll

A really, really good one to be fair

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Correct. 

There’s nae any motivation at play, just a differing opinion. I could be wrong. I may come to change my opinion. Time will tell.

until then:-

1. I think Glass should be allowed more time.
  2. I’m nae convinced that Alex Neil is the messiah that some portray him to be. Backed by his record in the last 5 years and the apparent reluctance by other Championship teams to snap him up this summer would suggest that other chairmen are not convinced either
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

There’s nae any motivation at play, just a differing opinion. I could be wrong. I may come to change my opinion. Time will tell.

2. I’m nae convinced that Alex Neil is the messiah that some portray him to be. Backed by his record in the last 5 years and the apparent reluctance by other Championship teams to snap him up this summer would suggest that other chairmen are not convinced either

I don't think anyone is claiming that Alex Neill is a messiah. Just that he is clearly a competent football manager. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think they are. 

The discussion was regarding who is available who would be a better option than Glass. 

Almost impossible to separate the two things I'd say. 

No, they were separate discussion points.

I made my view on Alex Neil as part of a discussion on who the fans would appoint. Nothing to do with comparing to Glass. Totally separate.

So assume Glass was sacked and then simply discuss available options

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

More time to do what, take the dons into the 1st division championship league, as at this present time and form is where they are heading under glass and company. 

• Haha 1