Aberdeen 0 - 0 Hamilton

Just now, Stoneybloke said:

"The result doesn't dilute the fact we feel third is there for us. But we have got to find a way to carry more threat and more of a punch when we are on top of teams."

Yes, Derek, very profound, but how are you going to do it?

???

yip - definitely trolling now 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

His instructions are to play shite passes,  crosses and free kicks?

It is the long ball. As well as the ineffectual formation.

or to sit in against the rangers and celtic. 

he is also for training these players. Oh and bringing them in

Just now, DD1903 said:

It is the long ball. As well as the ineffectual formation.

or to sit in against the rangers and celtic. 

he is also for training these players. Oh and bringing them in

The turning point was the year we got out muscled by Motherwell and Hearts.  McInnes said he knew what he had to do and since then he has mainly gone for the physical attributes over the technical. 

McCrorie is a case in point.  Physically great, lots of effort but his first touch and technique isn't very good. 

Hendry another example. Works hard but again, no technical ability. I'm no big Anderson fan but there's absolutely nothing that Hendry offers that Anderson couldn't do.  Pointless loaning Anderson out and Hendry in. 

We've got a big physical team according to many in the media.  But we've also got a lot of meek characters who don't have the drive to even turn their physical attributes into any sort of advantage. 

So what we are left with is a passive, slow and uncreative set of players.  Our most creative player is about 35 and on his last legs. 

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They've still got bills to pay. 

And they don't have the benefit of 8 years of an excellent salary behind them. 

I’m just at the stage where I feel we HAVE to get rid of him now.

I don’t care what it takes.

Get someone in for the last half dozen games in the league to let him plan for next season. 

Doing nothing will cost as much as the pay off potentially.

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m just at the stage where I feel we HAVE to get rid of him now.

I don’t care what it takes.

Get someone in for the last half dozen games in the league to let him plan for next season. 

Doing nothing will cost as much as the pay off potentially.

He doesn't even seem to hurt any more does he? Pretty dispassionate after every game. Game after game. Never angry, upset, nothing.

Only time he ever seems fired up is if anyone dares to prick his ego. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The turning point was the year we got out muscled by Motherwell and Hearts.  McInnes said he knew what he had to do and since then he has mainly gone for the physical attributes over the technical. 

McCrorie is a case in point.  Physically great, lots of effort but his first touch and technique isn't very good. 

Hendry another example. Works hard but again, no technical ability. I'm no big Anderson fan but there's absolutely nothing that Hendry offers that Anderson couldn't do.  Pointless loaning Anderson out and Hendry in. 

We've got a big physical team according to many in the media.  But we've also got a lot of meek characters who don't have the drive to even turn their physical attributes into any sort of advantage. 

So what we are left with is a passive, slow and uncreative set of players.  Our most creative player is about 35 and on his last legs. 

When you’re signing shite like St Johnstone’s 4th choice striker, what do folk expect?

And I don’t blame Hendry, he’s right to sign if offered.

I blame the arse that signed him who thought he was good enough. 

We’re just in an interminable decline under McInnes & it’s painful viewing.

Change needs to happen now. This utter obsession with 3rd, I really couldn’t give a fuck about it, it’s brutal to watch us. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He doesn't even seem to hurt any more does he? Pretty dispassionate after every game. Game after game. Never angry, upset, nothing.

Only time he ever seems fired up is if anyone dares to prick his ego. 

Agree.
I hope it’s because he knows he’s going anyway, but more likely it’s because after 8 years he’s just going through the motions. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

When you’re signing shite like St Johnstone’s 4th choice striker, what do folk expect?

And I don’t blame Hendry, he’s right to sign if offered.

I blame the arse that signed him who thought he was good enough. 

We’re just in an interminable decline under McInnes & it’s painful viewing.

Change needs to happen now. This utter obsession with 3rd, I really couldn’t give a fuck about it, it’s brutal to watch us. 

3rd is for clubs like Hibs, Killie, Motherwell, Utd, Hearts to get excited about.

Without being too arrogant though it should be seen as a boringly expected achievement for us & not just ‘our target’

Acceptance of 3rd place as a great achievement is ridiculous. It is acceptance of performing averagely & no better.

The fact we have failed on even that for past few seasons & are set to do so again is really quite pathetic.

McInnes has really had a charmed life at Aberdeen. No wonder he says he loves the club.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We don't always sit in against the Glasgow two, that's just wrong

There is zero doubt he has to go, but the players on the park are much much better than they are showing 

Something has turned rancid at the club but bizarrely, I do think the players are still trying for him

Bizarre 

Most of the time we do. 

I think he lost the dressing room, or some of it, due to his pish tactics etc.

It is way by the time for him to go. Today was horrendous 

19 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

3rd is for clubs like Hibs, Killie, Motherwell, Utd, Hearts to get excited about.

Without being too arrogant though it should be seen as a boringly expected achievement for us & not just ‘our target’

Acceptance of 3rd place as a great achievement is ridiculous. It is acceptance of performing averagely & no better.

The fact we have failed on even that for past few seasons & are set to do so again is really quite pathetic.

McInnes has really had a charmed life at Aberdeen. No wonder he says he loves the club.

I’d plus one that if I wasn’t all out of reactions dildo-ing MM ?

6 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Derek wins the last 6 games, finishes third and says what were you worried about. 

would settle for that.

However I think for us to win 6 matches will need march and april and may and june and july and august and september.

Regardless of manager.

16 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I don’t think we will score for the rest of the season, genuinely. Certainly not from open play. 

I think we'll score every month this year. 

(I've been saying that crap banter but of course that means we need to score against United so....)

I think we'll nearly score nearly every month this year. 

(probably just need one nearly but good to be safe)

30 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I think they look like they're going through the motions tbh MT

It is noticeable the lack of reaction from the players despite the 3rd place competition, the manager's job being under threat and the goal-less record.

I mostly put it doon to the players having no bollocks a few weeks back, maybe there is more going on behind the scenes 

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

It is noticeable the lack of reaction from the players despite the 3rd place competition, the manager's job being under threat and the goal-less record.

I mostly put it doon to the players having no bollocks a few weeks back, maybe there is more going on behind the scenes 

Not all players are happy with the style the management want us to play. 

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Joe Lewis isn't exactly inspiring either judging by his interviews. 

Seems like a nice guy but he's not going to drag anyone kicking and screaming into battle is he? 

We seem to have a lot of nice lads and that's to their credit off the pitch but we need them to be nasty bastards on the pitch.