George Floyd

Joe pike

On 4/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, rocket_scientist said:

I wasn't talking about CV's but interestingly the briefest CV I ever got (from over 2,000 p.a.) was from the candidate who got the most expensive job. He was much older and infinitely wiser than I was when I interviewed him in London the weekend Diana died but I learned the most from that man than any other candidate I ever met. Brevity is good. Simplicity is great. 

Your last two sentences just broke the irony meter 

• Haha 2

George Floyd jury just reached a verdict.... they're headed back to the courtroom to deliver it. 

Surely Guilty if they've already reached a decision. 

Shutting the doors and windows and loading my weapons just in case though, because a "NAT GITTY, Y'ANNA!" decision means shit's going to get exciting real quick. 

??

28 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I can't say I've followed much about the trial. I watched a 4 minute preview on BBC News.

Fair to say he will be found guilty.

If he isn't, there very well could be a shit show.

They’ll probably kick off regardless 

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Copper was fitted up, utter scandal. Wish I was there, I'd be protesting outside court.

You thinking maybe Floyd held his breath until he died to stitch the copper up?

Just takes one juror to agree with that theory and Chauvin walks. 

Guest milne_afc

We’ve been robbed of some action movie shit on the news channels.

Tyrell still wants some new sneakers though.

Maybe the Klan will come out in support of the pig?

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

We’ve been robbed of some action movie shit on the news channels.

Tyrell still wants some new sneakers though.

Maybe the Klan will come out in support of the pig?

They might have to save up for that new flat screen telly now, it's really crap how life is stacked against them.

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

He either meant to kill him or he accidentally did, can't be both.  

I'd speculate that you can deliberately kill someone, and compound that through inaction. 

Like repeatedly refusing to allow others to attempt to revive an individual you've suffocated. Chauvin at least twice denied requests to attempt resuscitation. 

just because your heart stops you're not necessarily dead for good. There was at least one cop, and an EMS, on the scene who requested Chauvin allow them to attempt resuscitation... he told them, "No, I'm going to keep doing this" meaning keep his knee on Floyd's neck. 

So he initially murdered the guy, but then he deliberately refused to allow medical aid to see if he could be unmurdered. 

Fuck knows.