George Floyd

Joe pike

16,000 killings by American law enforcement upon its citizens, from 2005 to now. 

In that same time frame only 8 have been done for murder. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Why does nobody give a fuck about multiple corrupt, brutal regimes oppressing an entire continent of black people?

You had this explained to you last week. 

Lay off the grass and pay attention, big man. 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Why does nobody give a fuck about the 15,999?! ?

Don't they?

BLM is asking for police reform top to bottom, because of the general brutality leashed upon the yanks by the boys in blue. 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Only the ones the media tell them to

Not really how it's worked. It's because people took to the street after the George Floyd incident, and rioted for about 2 weeks, that's the reason why the media picked up on it. 

If nobody did anything it would just be another dead black man at the hands of the state. It was also quite unique in the sense that someone was able to capture the entire incident on video, which is generally quite rare- so people were able to see the brutality, rather than just read about it like other forgetful bits of news. 

But sure, it's a media conspiracy, and everyone is stupid for thinking what happened is wrong. 

Keep fighting that good fight, NEM!

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Aye they want the old bill replaced by social workers ?

I disagree with that, but I don't think this one size fits all policy is helpful.

I don't disagree with there being law enforcement, I disagree with it being utilised in the way it is now across the world, largely to protect the interests of the elite, under the guise of keeping the ordinary man "safe." 

It should be ripped up and started again, without a one size fits all policy. Fuck me, you only need like 3 weeks of training in America before you can hold a gun and legally shoot a citizen if you feel the law is on your side. 

It's nuts. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Don't they?

BLM is asking for police reform top to bottom, because of the general brutality leashed upon the yanks by the boys in blue. 

How can the law-abiding, ideological BLM reasonably ask the police in the US to be reformed from top to bottom, as you put it, if one of their main objectives is to have the police force defunded?

Surely reform comes at a major financial cost as it will involve adopting a new training programme, countless reformation meetings being held to eventually adopt a new code of conduct, and an intensive recruitment drive to attract, recruit, and train new officers who, in turn, will be replacing others offered voluntary redundancy severance packages?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

How can the law-abiding, ideological BLM reasonably ask the police in the US to be reformed from top to bottom, as you put it, if one of their main objectives is to have the police force defunded?

Surely reform comes at a major financial cost as it will involve adopting a new training programme, countless reformation meetings being held to eventually adopt a new code of conduct, and an intensive recruitment drive to attract, recruit, and train new officers who, in turn, will be replacing others offered voluntary redundancy severance packages?

People can be retrained. 

The police are already hugely funded in the US of A, I imagine if they directed their focus to reform to the benefit of their society, they'd have more than enough money to do it. 

The problem is they are only serving the interests of some people, not all. So, it's unlikely it'll be allowed to happen. 

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not really how it's worked. It's because people took to the street after the George Floyd incident, and rioted for about 2 weeks, that's the reason why the media picked up on it. 

If nobody did anything it would just be another dead black man at the hands of the state. It was also quite unique in the sense that someone was able to capture the entire incident on video, which is generally quite rare- so people were able to see the brutality, rather than just read about it like other forgetful bits of news. 

But sure, it's a media conspiracy, and everyone is stupid for thinking what happened is wrong. 

Keep fighting that good fight, NEM!

Off the meds today or just high on life?

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

People can be retrained. 

The police are already hugely funded in the US of A, I imagine if they directed their focus to reform to the benefit of their society, they'd have more than enough money to do it. 

The problem is they are only serving the interests of some people, not all. So, it's unlikely it'll be allowed to happen. 

I already inferred officers can be retrained as well as learning new things through observation, experience and the application of rationalism. This concept can be applied to every human being, regardless of if you're a copper.

I am not surprised the federal police forces are "hugely funded" as they need to be over there, going by the level of criminality documented statistically and aired by the press.

We have seen over here how much crime has escalated due to the UK police force numbers and funding being drastically slashed by the tyrannical tory government since they returned to power in 2010. 

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I already inferred officers can be retrained as well as learning new things through observation, experience and the application of rationalism. This concept can be applied to every human being, regardless of if you're a copper.

I am not surprised the federal police forces are "hugely funded" as they need to be over there, going by the level of criminality documented statistically and aired by the press.

We have seen over here how much crime has escalated due to the UK police force numbers and funding being drastically slashed by the tyrannical tory government since they returned to power in 2010. 

We clearly disagree about the function of the police, especially in the USA. 

Just saw the video of the lassie getting shot, brutal stuff. 

In this instance I don't necessarily disagree with force being used, as she did have a knife on her and she was going after folk it seemed. 

However, surely there's a way of stopping her that doesn't involve just killing her? That seems so easy and ultimately pointless. 

Shoot her in the arm, the leg, somewhere it isn't guaranteed to kill her, taze her, but they don't have to fuckin mow her down. 

What do coppers here do when someone is wielding a knife? They don't just shoot them to the floor. 

49 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Just saw the video of the lassie getting shot, brutal stuff. 

In this instance I don't necessarily disagree with force being used, as she did have a knife on her and she was going after folk it seemed. 

However, surely there's a way of stopping her that doesn't involve just killing her? That seems so easy and ultimately pointless. 

Shoot her in the arm, the leg, somewhere it isn't guaranteed to kill her, taze her, but they don't have to fuckin mow her down. 

What do coppers here do when someone is wielding a knife? They don't just shoot them to the floor. 

It's no the wild West Consi son. They aren't all sharp shooters. Violence begets violence. Maybe the US has the police force it deserves, same as we're getting with the niggly, pedantic cunts we've got that prefer to police the past and twitter rather than preventing crime.

1 minute ago, cheesepipes said:

Folk moaned about not enough homosexuals, females and underrepresented misfits in the Police Force now look at it. 

Like a never ending Police Academy movie where nae cunt kens fits gan on with a pile of Sweetchucks and Officer Hooks trying to maintain order. 

I had a bit of a minor brush with the law recently due to a neighbour dispute. It was farcical. They kept making appointments to speak to us and nobody was turning up. Eventually got spoken to over the phone. It was like dealing with the gas board.

12 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Folk moaned about not enough homosexuals, females and underrepresented misfits in the Police Force now look at it. 

Like a never ending Police Academy movie where nae cunt kens fits gan on with a pile of Sweetchucks and Officer Hooks trying to maintain order. 

A normal Friday and Saturday night on Union Street would see a 4'10 female cop teamed up with a 5'3" male cop.

It was hard to tell if they were in fancy dress or real.If they were involved in trouble they had no chance.

Of course it's Police Scotland now so they have to follow national guidelines.

Couple of seasons ago I think it was a midweek game with either Killie or Motherwell and they had brought 4 police horses up to control the non existent crowd.

However it ticks boxes.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We clearly disagree about the function of the police, especially in the USA. 

The function of the police force is to serve and protect the public, regardless of the country you live in, so don't quite get your point that we disagree on that.

The main difference between policing here and in the US is that police officers in the US have the authority to shoot to wound or kill without asking for instruction to do so, whilst in the UK the authority to shoot is provided by an officer of a higher level than a constable. 

However, the concepts of the interpretation of the level of danger imposed by a suspect or suspects and the ability to apply a measure to try to resolve and conclude a perceived dangerous situation are exactly the same, again regardless of where you are located in the world. 

I note you have been saying the coppers could have applied a different method to resolving a situation like shooting a person in the arm instead of their body or head but that's fairytale stuff min.

If a suspect or suspects is non-compliant with an officer's orders, I'm sorry they have to face the consequences for acting the defiant hero/wannabe martyr, especially when armed (e.g. Rayshard Brooks) or having just conveniently disarmed themselves (e.g. Adam Toledo).