The Cryptos

Ke1t

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree. However given that I bought at 10p just 1 week ago, I'm fairly chuffed with where it is. 

It'll crash again... sell it while you can. 

I've been going as all in as I can on The Cryptos™, but the problem is that my wife is a fiscal Conservative while I'm a Fiscal Cretin. There needs to be consensus on financial decisions, and it's all she can do to stop me pissing all our cash away on pet projects like abandoned mining towns or a hundred acres of Floridian swamp that are mainly mosquitoes and alligators. 

I'll admit those were not terrific ideas, and she was right to use her veto early in the process... 

The Cryptos™ though, they at least offer something of a return in an admittedly volatile market... and the rewards don't involve pumping out abandoned mines or hunting down and wiping out a population of giant alligators who have the home advantage.

With The Cryptos™ you just throw your cash at it and watch the value ricochet around like a drunken kangaroo on a roulette wheel. 

Is it an ideal way of making money?

Yes it is. 

...Yes it is. 

• Dildo 1

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Roulette sounds a more reliable moneyspinner iyam

Not at all... this is far, far more logic based, Moobs, min.

You put your money in, things happen you have no concept of, control over, or reliable anticipation of, and then you profit. 

What could be simpler or more dependable? 

It's like I said to the wife... "It's probably safer than fighting alligators." 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bored of crypto already, not even 3 weeks in.

10% profit isn't exciting enough and can't get motivated to study it to start trading and speculating with the cunts.

Aye, 10% now, could be 15% or a loss in half an hour.

Like some of you others, will just let it roll and see what happens.

Keep us posted of any must-buys coming up.

Yi canna understand it mare like. 

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Not at all... this is far, far more logic based, Moobs, min.

You put your money in, things happen you have no concept of, control over, or reliable anticipation of, and then you profit. 

What could be simpler or more dependable? 

It's like I said to the wife... "It's probably safer than fighting alligators." 

Actually, it's just science.

Small money goes in and more comes out. We call it gains. Then tweet about it.

Just now, dervish said:

Actually, it's just science.

Small money goes in and more comes out. We call it gains. Then tweet about it.

And when we put a large amount of money in, bottle it, given the volatility of an unregulated market, that nobody really understands and lose a whack, we call that losses and don’t tweet about it..?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, dervish said:

That's pretty much the thing. I didn't know much about what a joke currency which is so small that it's easy to manipulate with a tweet but #HODL lol let's have a meme.

Aw all my real money went away. ;(

Mines has trebled. I expect it to go up another 20-30% today. Then it's sell, sell, sell. 

Not sure it's "so small" either. Current value is about $40 billion dollars. 

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Can you remember what price it was when you posted this?

Nope. Cans. 

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Or what does 150% mean to you? I see this as a 1.5 x increase. Is that what you meant?

Yeah. 1.5x increase. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Check your portfolio.

Not really. Just defending da doge from people who appear to be pissed off about it. No idea why they're being snippy but I guess that's just them. 

Yours is the most incredibly intuitive purchase in economic history.

A coin that had done fuck all for seven and a quarter years, you bought at a price you can't remember, on a day you can't recall and it grew by a percentage you made a mistake on.

Anything later than Wednesday wouldn't have given you the trebling. Anything earlier than Wednesday would've given you much more. That was the best tip off in history so make sure to buy your mates a nice bottle of craftiness. 

Deary me. Have a day off 

E84-B17-F2-018-C-4116-826-C-A80-AF771-C6

• Haha 2

a coin most of us had never heard of on Friday

I can't be held accountable for your ignorance. 

Probably the most famous crypto investor on earth says dogecoin is his favourite crypto and has tweeted about it. As have other celebrities. 

You're doing that thing where you think because YOU don't know about something, no one should. 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

A market you had never been in in your life two days before you posted and you're claiming expertise now?

Expertise? Not at all. I said earlier in the thread I know very little about it all. 

You've just fabricated that I'm "claiming expertise". 

You must admit yours was the most fortuitous timing of all?

Yup. Lucky. I read a few signs on twitter and took a punt. I got lucky. 

For such small stakes you've invested in, it's surprising to feel the need to burn money to light your cigars with? 

it's a laugh. Only posted because 3 separate people were having a pop. 

Not sure why you all care tbh. 

Without the precision police - and MT used to have that role - we would end up with more liars and fabricating on the hat. Give that mad ol weegie his due, he's never lied on here. You're NOT being accused of lying here, unlike previous accusations against you (and something I'm accused of every day). You've been mistaken, that's all. Mistakes are ok. You've just been very fortuitous and still you know that it's tomorrow is the best day to sell.

I don't "know". I THINK it'll go up today and that'll be the high point. Maybe I'll be wrong. 

As you can appreciate from the consistency of my posting, I encouraged sharing of information so we all win. We all are at the moment, your small stake having taken the biggest increase and you were perfectly entitled to keep your info to yourself. I even asked if Twitter was where the dumping strategies were coming from and credited you for bringing that to the table. Nae cunt else has found the secret and you know what, there isn't one. 

I don't know enough to tip. I wasn't keeping anything to myself. I'm just not qualified to advise people. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone losing money. I'm only playing at this with money I can lose without losing a wink of sleep over after all. 

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Keep going and you'll regret it...

You're not difficult to make a fool of because 1) you are a fool and b. you made a couple of foolish mistakes. More than two actually but two in that spreadsheet post.

Ask nicely and I'll be gentle...

Please Mr Rocket, please Sir would you be so kind do to me a favour and.... 

Spit it out and make a fool of yourself because you are wrong or shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote 1

The coin you recommended is more than 5% in loss!

It's 1.18 against 1.19 that is 5%? Maybe why you can't understand a simple table?

XLM still up. BTC has also went down since that date. 

It's two static points in time it doesn't mean fuck all unless you are buying and selling at those 2 points. 

It was 5.2% down at the precise time I posted. You've just repeated one of your two errors when you invested time creating your spreadsheet.

What are you using as your source? You do realise if you are looking at prices on an exchange they won't be the same as the real value. Like when you buy currency for your holiday you normally always get a lower price. Prices also vary between exchanges. 

I took all my prices buy and sell from Coinbase for consistency.