The Cryptos

Ke1t

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He's got fuck all else to do. 

Not sure what mistake he’s on about either? Surely by selling at 27p and rebuying at 24p you are 3p in profit over what you’d have been just holding. The name of the game when trading I’d have thought ?

6 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

For the hard of thinking, this is the mistake that Parko made yesterday: -

Screenshot-2021-04-21-at-02-32-21.png

Whether he bought half back or even a smaller amount, it doesn't make any difference. It was dumb move that, on top of his inability to remember key transactional details and his complete U-turn on holding strategy, shows that he doesn't know what he's doing and should be nowhere near this market without an adult supervising him.

I told him more than once yesterday, he's finally realised his incredible stupidity and is desperate trying to protect his delusional self-image of being right all the time, about everything, with a concocted story.

What's going on here?!

Are you saying that by selling 10 and buying 5, he is in a net cash position of 50, but if he had only sold 5 he would be in a net cash position of 85?

In your sell 10, buy 5 calculation, you are saying he has made net 50 cash, while still holding 5 units.  I agree with that.

In the sell 5, you have 5 x 27 income which = 135 but then you have only subtracted the 50 for the 5 units sold, not the 100 outlay for 10 units.  So the net cash of 85 is wrong.  It should be net cash 35 (135 for sale of 5 less 100 for original purchase). Your 85 calculation disregards the cost of buying the 5 shares he still holds.

Short version - Dumbo includes purchase of 5 units still held in cash calc, but Obvs doesn't so you aren't comparing like with like.  

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Look above at the table. He sold them all for a 17p profit but if he bought half of the units back at 24p, he had the same number of units as he would've had if he had only sold half in the first place. The difference however was that he only paid 10p for the original units whereas by selling them all and then buying them back at 2.4 times the price, he just pissed 14p per unit down the drain, his overall loss offset by not collecting as much by selling only half. Even though he's said that he's staking fuck all amounts anyway, it's the simple principles of arithmetic he fell foul of and why he needs his hand held by a more competent operator.

It wasn't obvious to you, it won't be obvious to everyone and it wasn't obvious to him, even in the hours after he had done it and when I had pointed it out to him. It's like everything, without experience we can't be expected to understand. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. That was just dumb but his playing God and saying what the market was going to do (before it didn't) was gargantuan narcissism. When he shat it and sold, he was predicting the market again, this time in the completely opposite direction before buying shitting it a second time and covering his arse with a re-buy at a stupid price. The graphs with his prices and timings (which I had to repeatedly correct him on as his made no sense) are very interesting of themselves. He would have us believe that he's a genius predictor and/or investor. If you could be arsed, read the thread and make up your own mind.

All depends if he was happy to bank some profit and leave some to run.  Only he'll know - nae sure why you'd be getting so het up about it ?

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

This could also be very useful for any of us thinking about trading, something I've never done in crypto (or shares).

I've been thinking there's no point selling if the price will exceed in the future what we sell it for today. Then I thought about selling when it's high, banking the profit and spending my original amount at a lower price but if it exceeded the original price I bought at (because I was getting less coins for the same original buck) there was no point so I've been letting it ride these first 3 weeks and getting bored by not being able to influence matters.

At present, my ETH is 23.2% up, and the same amount on ADA and XLM is up 10.0%. I've no fucking idea what the best trading strategy is so I'm sitting waiting like a long term investor and I've always been asking how best to trade, what the "smart money" is doing.

In this post you have admitted both I and Parky were correct and acted in the correct way.

NEM and particularly FOSTER are right, you and your table are fantasy. You can’t do basic math. 

Back to the circus and practice your pakora juggling fucking rimmaster jake ball.

5 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

This could also be very useful for any of us thinking about trading, something I've never done in crypto (or shares).

I've been thinking there's no point selling if the price will exceed in the future what we sell it for today. Then I thought about selling when it's high, banking the profit and spending my original amount at a lower price but if it exceeded the original price I bought at (because I was getting less coins for the same original buck) there was no point so I've been letting it ride these first 3 weeks and getting bored by not being able to influence matters.

At present, my ETH is 23.2% up, and the same amount on ADA and XLM is up 10.0%. I've no fucking idea what the best trading strategy is so I'm sitting waiting like a long term investor and I've always been asking how best to trade, what the "smart money" is doing.

What’s boring you, mate? Are you looking for quick gains on a small investment, or are you looking for the best longer term return on crypto investment and therefore happy to let it ride?

Anyone know anything about these so-called Crypto "pump groups"? I seen last night that their aim was to "pump" viacoin from 10pm (uk time). Looking back at the pricing graph is pretty startling. 

F750-B884-8-D3-B-4-C00-8470-37-C17406836

From $2.19 just before 10pm, to $3.57 10 minutes later. Before falling way down to under $1.90. 

Clearly they're scam artists who've bought or been buying for weeks and are ready to use everyone else and sell themselves at the peak. Shows how the unregulated nature of the markets leaves it open to manipulation. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Anyone know anything about these so-called Crypto "pump groups"? I seen last night that their aim was to "pump" viacoin from 10pm (uk time). Looking back at the pricing graph is pretty startling. 

F750-B884-8-D3-B-4-C00-8470-37-C17406836

From $2.19 just before 10pm, to $3.57 10 minutes later. Before falling way down to under $1.90. 

Clearly they're scam artists who've bought or been buying for weeks and are ready to use everyone else and sell themselves at the peak. Shows how the unregulated nature of the markets leaves it open to manipulation. 

Same as the stock exchange anyway then, no?

28 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Is that when you, Rocko, RF86 wank each other off while talking about crypto? 

Correct. Let me know when you're back in GLA & I'll let you know the next meet up time. 

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

How much dough have you lot made off this? Rough ballpark? 

My pals have money in it and I'm thinking of following suit. 

I've made very little because I've "invested" very little. 

27 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Same as the stock exchange anyway then, no?

I'd have thought there'd be a few more checks and balances in normal stocks that'd make this more difficult. Maybe not though. It's not something I know much about. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd have thought there'd be a few more checks and balances in normal stocks that'd make this more difficult. Maybe not though. It's not something I know much about. 

Isn't that what happened with Gamestop? Get loads of folk to buy shares to artificially inflate the share price.  That was of course to get it up the hedge funds and none of the organisers will have made loads of cash from it...

8 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Good question. Had to think about it.

I'm never really been into these type of markets. I make money, I spend money, I invest money and I gamble money. This crypto thing fits more into my gamble definition more than an investment where of course it can, or perhaps it is, both. My investments have never been in stocks and shares so this is new to me. It was recommended to me by one of my best mates who stuck in a small amount in early March and just after I first mentioned crypto on here, this thread started. I jumped in at the start of this month and quickly doubled my stake.

It's boring because it looks like a gamble the way it started out of the blocks, the volatility is great but there's nothing to watch to see the results come in and I feel powerless to do anything about it. I have come to the conclusion that some cunts are on the make here but I couldn't be arsed enough reading anything nor studying it in any depth so feel that I'm already letting it ride and have already turned into a "long term investor", which is boring to me, 3 weeks in.

If somebody was able to share some knowledge for all our mutual benefit, that would be interesting but I don't think we are going to find any experts on here - and I expected to because the diversity of knowledge and experiences on here continually amazes - or if there are, they're not posting. I feel like we are all just treading water with our fingers crossed, albeit with healthy profits just now (compared to the bank). I wonder if we are three months too late because with hindsight, the start of 2021 was a great time to stake. The start of 2020 of course was rake time.

I am certain that regular buying and selling is what the smart money is doing. I need to get my head round how to do that, I know like everything else it just takes effort to understand the basics and the mechanics and to study trends but I'm not sufficiently motivated and doubt I will become so. That's why I'm bored, stuck here in limbo land and yes, being lazy and hoping for a lightning bolt of inspiration instead of working for it myself.

I haven’t got a clue what the crypto market will do either. I’ve read a couple of books on the subject, which are pretty bullish in their outlook and I’ve probably been influenced by the longer term, projected, positive value of Bitcoin in particular, which some investors and investment banks are projecting. 
All I’ve done is follow crypto funds that are performing well with a little bit of diligence of the fund manager.  My investment is a reasonably small amount. I see that as something I will keep in place for years and not weeks, noting the huge volatility in the market, but allowing time to see how accurate the long term forecasts are.

It is boring though and there is no inside track that I’m ever going to get, that makes is anymore exciting.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

but why you and the fantasist continuously repeat this fabrication - and that's what the mutants do, repeat each other's lies (drink, anger, domestic violence etc. etc.) - is also very interesting.

No idea what you're on about here. You often come across as raging. Maybe you don't realise it but you do. While I've never referenced, as far as I can recall, the pakora sauce/domestic violence incident. 

You on the other hand have repeatedly spouted made up fabrications about myself and, for some utterly bizarre reason known only to you, my Mrs. Why the fuck you think that's okay, while calling cunts doing similar to you "mutants", I've no idea. 

You witter on about "integrity" & "Aberdeen men", I don't think that men of integrity slag off defenceless women they've never met and don't know. It's fucking embarrassing behaviour. You actually seem to think you're upholding some sort of standards on the Hat too, when you're probably the biggest "mutant" on here. 

Do you still have any of the joke coin or did you sell it all?

Nope. As I told you the other day, it's sold. 

57-A549-AE-1-B6-D-4096-A0-DC-1306-F132-Fspacebar key not working

You said you admitted your mistakes, plural, on this thread. Point out one?

I misremembered the day I'd bought and the exact price. I later sent a screenshot showing the purchase transaction with the price, just to satisfy your interrogation. 

• Upvote 2

Aww petal. Defenceless woman? I was surprised at you at the time. Does she read here? What did I say that was so hurtful that you shat a cow? Newsflash, I said nothing to merit your faux indignation. Wanker. 

I don't give a fuck about you showing yourself up as a total fucking wanker tbh. I'm just pointing it out since ickle Wocket was bubbling about bad men saying lies about him. 

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm not bubbling. Never have. It's the hat. It's what we do, point out the wankers, the liars and the dishonest inabootcomers. I just point out repeated fabrications which are repeated so often, they take root as beliefs in the warped mind of mutants

You very much were bubbling. The written record is there for all to see. 

YOU started bubbling about what I said about your gf. You're STILL trying to use this as some sort of sleight on my character. I say you're full of shit and unless you are prepared to show us what I said that was so bad - which you won't because it proves how wrong and desperate you are - then you are the full of shit "persona" that you are.

No. You were bubbling. I pointed out your hypocrisy as it's something you do all the time. As I've already said, I don't give a fuck.

You wouldn't do and say what you said in real life. We both know that. 

I am not surprised that you turn our exchanges into personal vendettas. You're hurting. You want to use this forum to present yourself as something that you're not. You can't stick to words.

That's you to a tee. That's what you do in every exchange you're in. You make it personal. It's why you have the same boring arguments with the same people every day. ?

Its why you come out with the same lies about people every day. It's why you have insulting names for people. It's why you always have to cast back to previous discussions and try and use them to belittle people. 

You're always trying to "defend" yourself. Plenty of folk by your own admission think you're a wanker and a dickhead in the real world so don't be surprised that you come across as one on here. 

You've done two things here. Firstly you've taken something completely out of context. Secondly you've completely exaggerated what was actually said. 

All you're doing, as you do continually, is show that it is you that cannot "stick to the words". You always have to try and make it personal. This thread is just another example. 

We have yet to expose the fortuitous nature of your transaction and you failed to do what an honest man would've done and shown the timing of your dumping. You say you sold at exactly the right time. 

Complete lie. I sold at 27p. The high was 31p (I think). 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Show us the gf comments that upset you so much. Poor defenceless woman ?

You are full of shit. You bubbled about it then. You're bubbling about it now. You won't quote my words because it'll prove how piss weak you are.

Have a good day.

Nothing upset me. I just pointed out how you doing it, repeatedly, showed you as a total wanker and a hypocrite. 

Cardano sitting around $1.21, going to wait until the weekend to see if there's another dip. If it goes down to $1.18 or below I'm going to buy in again. They've got a big announcement coming on the 29th April so hopefully that means a price hike. Markets been a bit shite though since that price crash so fuck knows.