The Cryptos

Ke1t

I've played the markets for near 30 years, the guys in Canary wharf pick up the 6 or 7 digit bonus every year by making the small guy poorer, you all go for it. Just know when to cash the chips in and walk away. It's the hardest thing to do in the World when you're up.

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I reckon there's a magic money tree. 

There will be a Russian billionaire somewhere with a money making team, they'll back the fuck out of a currency till everyone jumps onboard, they'll then dump and short the fuck out of it along with every pension fund they've tipped off. Rinse and repeat.

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I've played the markets for near 30 years, the guys in Canary wharf pick up the 6 or 7 digit bonus every year by making the small guy poorer, you all go for it. Just know when to cash the chips in and walk away. It's the hardest thing to do in the World when you're up.

I have the advantage of knowing I'm shite when it comes to investing or speculating... if there's someone with a worse track record than me then I've yet to meet that individual... and knowing how bad I am means I handed all that responsibility over to people who know what they're doing early on in the game. Case in point, even during the last economic crash I made money, while the father in law... who managed his own investments... lost about a half a million bucks, silly fucker. 

That doesn't mean I'm not going to have the odd flutter on speculative enterprises on the side... it would be a boring fucking life if we all did the safe shit every single time... but I'm hardly going to sell a house to fund my inevitably doomed personal investments. You have to balance risk and security. Sometimes that gee-gee will fall at the very first hurdle and snap it's stupid fucking horse neck. 

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I have the advantage of knowing I'm shite when it comes to investing or speculating... if there's someone with a worse track record than me then I've yet to meet that individual... and knowing how bad I am means I handed all that responsibility over to people who know what they're doing early on in the game. Case in point, even during the last economic crash I made money, while the father in law... who managed his own investments... lost about a half a million bucks, silly fucker. 

That doesn't mean I'm not going to have the odd flutter on speculative enterprises on the side... it would be a boring fucking life if we all did the safe shit every single time... but I'm hardly going to sell a house to fund my inevitably doomed personal investments. You have to balance risk and security. Sometimes that gee-gee will fall at the very first hurdle and snap it's stupid fucking horse neck. 

I was a part owner in a racehorse once, sure I told the story on here. Best investment in my life, was so good. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Never took you for someone to have a stake in the sport of kings, mucker. 

Hopefully that was a lucrative investment?

Story is too long for this time of night and I've told it on here before. No money in it apart from betting on it when you've had a call from the trainer to say it's flying in training. Friday after work, all my workmates with me, room filled with ciggy smoke, I was the only one who was quiet, too much pressure. Romped home at 8/1, they didn't have enough cash to pay out, we took cheques and went into town for drink and drugs. I was a hero for weeks. lol

I can still picture it, stretched its legs and pulled right away with a couple furlongs to go. I was bricking it, everyone there as I'd told them the trainer said it was flying in training. Was a brilliant night, don't think I put my hand in my pocket once. No idea how I drove home.

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Story is too long for this time of night and I've told it on here before. No money in it apart from betting on it when you've had a call from the trainer to say it's flying in training. Friday after work, all my workmates with me, room filled with ciggy smoke, I was the only one who was quiet, too much pressure. Romped home at 8/1, they didn't have enough cash to pay out, we took cheques and went into town for drink and drugs. I was a hero for weeks. lol

8 minutes ago, daytripping said:

It never raced again. 

Bookies in Kincorth, in once in my life, raped it and left.

I've never heard that story... maybe you posted during one of my hiatuses... I love a good 'efter that the gemme was mine' story.

I'll expect a proper post on it when you've the time, though ??

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I've never heard that story... maybe you posted during one of my hiatuses... I love a good 'efter that the gemme was mine' story.

I'll expect a proper post on it when you've the time, though ??

Kelt min, the original story was way longer. Just one of those moments in life that stay with you, if I ever bump into an old workmate from then it's remember the yorkshire fisher night. lol.

14 hours ago, daytripping said:

This happened to me back in 2000. Friend of mine called me to say he had it on good authority from his mate, who is a trainer, directly that his horse was a dead cert at 28/1. My friend could not get to a bookies to put on a bet (before mass online gambling) so asked if I could get to one and stick £100 on for him and said I should do the same.

I was at work and had no idea where the local bookies was but one of the guys in the office had a telephone account and said he would do it on my behalf. Long story short nearly every fucker in the office also staked a bet and we listened to the race over a phone speaker (I was bricking it!) and the thing romped home. Office went berserk and like you we went to the pub after and I never had to put my hand in my pocket.

I called my old man to get him to do likewise and one of the guys he worked with who was the big gambler said he was wasting his cash as it would never win. Dad won a pile and the bloke was left gutted ?

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Sorry I missed this advice dayts.

A24-F001-D-AA26-4-BA9-8634-7-FD9-F644-D9

Given that the value has risen by 14% since you advised us, I'm just wondering where you got your inside info?

It's 41.5% up in a week and having bought at 1404, it's up by 69.2% in 5 weeks. You're saying ETH is going to crash? Corporates and banks are piling into Ethereum. 

Crack on min, free money. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, daytripping said:

I played the stock market, 3 grand to 28 in 6 months, explaining to the other half I was down 80 a few weeks later wasn't the best. Markets are designed to take from the poor and give to the rich, corrupt as fuck. The crook who robbed me signed his wealth to his wife and moved to Australia, never brought to justice. 

Eh have said sorry.

• Haha 1