The Cryptos

Ke1t

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Thoroughly enjoying seeing this nonsense being unravelled week by week, and shown for what it truly is. 

Celebs/footballers/public figures who push this nonsense should be first to the guillotine.

Wouldn't you like to at least try and create a financial system that can't be manipulated by the rich? 

I'm not saying that definitely can or will happen, but there is a chance. 

Imagine smart contracts that could stop tax invasion and corruption, increase transparency and accountability. 

I dipped a cautious toe a while back and a grand became 500 quid pretty quickly after a small exciting period of about a week where the line just kept going up. 

Ill happily admit i just pick names on a hunch. Cardano was picked cause it sounds like Gina Carano whos asshole id like to lick. 

Shiba was bought cause my grunnies dog was called Shiba. 

Better off buy cocaine in bulk, recouping what you outlayed and put the rest up your nostrils and on the hood of a womans clitoris. 

And for that reason i won't be investing anymore and im out. 

39 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Wouldn't you like to at least try and create a financial system that can't be manipulated by the rich? 

Imagine smart contracts that could stop tax invasion and corruption, increase transparency and accountability. 

Stop tax evasion? Fuck that shit.

Why is it the people who hate the government most and complain about them siphoning money off to their mates tend to be the most enthusiastic about us all giving them more money?

Tbf you're not particularly guilty of that RF.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Stop tax evasion? Fuck that shit.

Why is it the people who hate the government most and complain about them siphoning money off to their mates tend to be the most enthusiastic about us all giving them more money?

Tbf you're not particularly guilty of that RF.

Ach it’s not your white van man doing homers etc that’s the issue. It’s the ultra rich cunts with shell companies in the caymans etc that fucks us all over. 

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Would never, ever be allowed to happen.

If anything this could lead to more tax invasion and corruption!

10 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

I dipped a cautious toe a while back and a grand became 500 quid pretty quickly after a small exciting period of about a week where the line just kept going up. 

Ill happily admit i just pick names on a hunch. Cardano was picked cause it sounds like Gina Carano whos asshole id like to lick. 

Shiba was bought cause my grunnies dog was called Shiba. 

Better off buy cocaine in bulk, recouping what you outlayed and put the rest up your nostrils and on the hood of a womans clitoris. 

And for that reason i won't be investing anymore and im out. 

Amen.

I'm sure there are folk doing well on it but it's by complete fluke rather than any knowledge.

Same as that currency market shite everyone seemed to be getting into last year.

Big Ponzi scheme. File under Herbalife, Forever Living etc.

4 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Amen.

I'm sure there are folk doing well on it but it's by complete fluke rather than any knowledge.

Same as that currency market shite everyone seemed to be getting into last year.

Big Ponzi scheme. File under Herbalife, Forever Living etc.

Aye and when it goes tits up you'll get all the sob stories in the media.

I lost a few quid in that Football Index even though I strongly suspected it was all dodgy. Greed and stupidity innit.

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I lost a few quid in that Football Index even though I strongly suspected it was all dodgy. Greed and stupidity innit.

I think it was more they made some terrible business decisions than being outright dodgy. Don’t think the founders made fuck all from it when they had a business they could have sold for a good few million at one point. 

It got too big to quick and they tried to keep everyone happy with dividends that were too big. 

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

I think it was more they made some terrible business decisions than being outright dodgy. Don’t think the founders made fuck all from it when they had a business they could have sold for a good few million at one point. 

It got too big to quick and they tried to keep everyone happy with dividends that were too big. 

Aye I worded that wrong. It wasn't a scam as such but it relied on constant investment. A ponzi scheme basically.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2022 at 8:31 AM, manboobs109 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jul/12/they-couldnt-even-scream-any-more-they-were-just-sobbing-the-amateur-investors-ruined-by-the-crypto-crash

Called it

59 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Fucking hell where to start with that article and some of the people interviewed in it ?

Everyone I know who is into crypto loves to tell you how much money their portfolio is worth but yet none appear to have made any significant financial changes to their life for the better (i.e new house, car, luxury holiday or goods etc.) and are constantly telling me how I should invest and they can do this on my behalf.

Er, no thanks!

2 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Fucking hell where to start with that article and some of the people interviewed in it ?

Everyone I know who is into crypto loves to tell you how much money their portfolio is worth but yet none appear to have made any significant financial changes to their life for the better (i.e new house, car, luxury holiday or goods etc.) and are constantly telling me how I should invest and they can do this on my behalf.

Er, no thanks!

I dunno even what crypto, bitcoin and all that shit is.  My brain is still on LSD (pounds, shillings and pence that is not the Class A?).

Crypto and especially NFTs has seen me well. As ever, everyone's a millionaire when cryptos booming and its a scam when crypto dumps. Its happened in the same cycle for years now. Bitcoin will come good again towards its next halving and every punter starts buying back in at higher prices. It'll drag the rest of the alts with it. Crypto, stocks, shares, gold, silver and basically every other commodity has took a hit cos of inflation, Russia/Ukraine, Covid etc. Peaks and troughs. Best time to buy if you have the patience and don't shit your breeks if it goes down further. 

3 hours ago, findlay_1903 said:

Oh Roy. 

"Intrigued, Roy started Googling, eventually using his credit card to make an initial investment of €2,500 (£2,200) in a range of cryptocurrencies. The value of Roy’s portfolio climbed to €8,000, then €100,000, then €525,000."

"In May, jobless and broke, Roy checked into Castle Craig, one of the only centres in the world that treats cryptocurrency addiction. (He lost his job when he relapsed; his rehab fees are covered by medical insurance.) His cryptocurrency portfolio is worth about €300."

Jesus Christ.

L

O

L

Guest findlay_1903

Can just imagine Roy wired off his nut playing the crypto game thinking he’s Roy of the rovers. 
500k slipped through his hands, he’ll be sick as parrot. I hope he’s fan of either of the cheeks. 

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

"Intrigued, Roy started Googling, eventually using his credit card to make an initial investment of €2,500 (£2,200) in a range of cryptocurrencies. The value of Roy’s portfolio climbed to €8,000, then €100,000, then €525,000."

"In May, jobless and broke, Roy checked into Castle Craig, one of the only centres in the world that treats cryptocurrency addiction. (He lost his job when he relapsed; his rehab fees are covered by medical insurance.) His cryptocurrency portfolio is worth about €300."

Jesus Christ.

L

O

L

Load of shite.

Anybody in their right mind would have cashed out at least 400k.

7 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Load of shite.

Anybody in their right mind would have cashed out at least 400k.

People like him are just greedy, he'll be one of those idiots that thought he could become a multi millionaire off a £2k investment, was never going to happen.

I invested £1500 in crypto last May/June. Was up to a little over £10k in October and cashed our £8500. Kept £2k aside for reinvesting which meant i had back taken my initial investment and made £5k profit. Not reinvested the £2k yet but the £1.5k i had left in my wallet is now worth under £300 so i definitely cashed out at the right time. When the time is right i'll reinvest and if i'm ever in a position to take out another £5k profit i'll do it, if not then theoretically i'm playing with free money so no great loss.