Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I predict he'll go for the Kamberi free role but given that I think we won't pick two youngster full backs.

I always think young players against Celtic etc are probably a good way to bleed them, it's a free hit, and if they play well, that gives them great confidence going forward. 

The two young lads at full back would give us something different.

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hayes moved forward for Mclennan a must after Connor's horror show on Saturday. McKenzie to slot back in. That's a no brainer. The only way Ramsay will come back in is if he drops one of Hoban or Considine and moves McRorie inside. Think he'll stick with Ferguson and Campbell in CM. 

Yea there is your changes.

Kamberi in for Kennedy

Hayes in for McLennan

Mackenzie in for Hayes.

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I always think young players against Celtic etc are probably a good way to bleed them, it's a free hit, and if they play well, that gives them great confidence going forward. 

Was there some chat about Hoban being suspended for the weekend? That comes in to the decision making.

57 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Hopefully Wednesday night we win the game for Glass.

Of course if we do beat Celtic the press will say dead rubber anyway means nothing. 

Aberdeen 2 Celtic1

:sheepdance: 

If they said that then they'd be totally wrong. Beat Celtic and the race for 3rd place (and it's European benefits) is certainly back on

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hayes moved forward for Mclennan a must after Connor's horror show on Saturday. McKenzie to slot back in. That's a no brainer. The only way Ramsay will come back in is if he drops one of Hoban or Considine and moves McRorie inside. Think he'll stick with Ferguson and Campbell in CM. 

Or he could drop McCrorie who has been honking for months

35 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Or he could drop McCrorie who has been honking for months

Don't disagree with that - but doubtful he will, given he was our marquee signing of last summer. McCrorie or Ferguson should have been dropped months ago but always seemed to be Campbell who was the fall guy, despite being the best performer of the three. 

4 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Celtic have just been knocked out of the only Competition left for them to win by there biggest rivals, they have players that want away and a lot of players who will now be looking towards the Euro's and not the 5 nothing games they have left to play. We need to see at least a different mentality from us win, lose or draw we cannot lie down

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

theyve only 4 meaningless games left. it could be a major down tools

Maybe he means he thinks they will win all 4 games 5-0

On 4/19/2021 at 1:52 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They’re not really in free fall though.

Aside from the hun defeat they’ve won 7 & drawn 1 of the last 8 I think it is & rattled in a few goals.

I’m not expecting anything other than a defeat.

Think how we’ve been playing.

Glass has been left a shit show to clear up & bear in mind how inept we were for 70 minutes against Livingston. I’m writing this season off & looking forward to next season. 

We can but hope. But I can’t see it. 

Agreed, I don't get this they're in free fall and a really bad team. The reality is they have played 34 league games and lost only 4 of them while 2 of those losses were to the league winners. Wouldn't you consider that a good season? It's only relatively bad when compared to their trophy haul over the past few seasons.

In addition to that they have scored 72 goals in those 34 games and hammered top 6 Livi 6-0 in their last league outing. They're not a poor team by any measure.

Game day , I dont think we will win. Would like to see better attitude from players , get in their faces from the start and attack when we get the chance , that would be enough for me to see new manager is trying something different. Could go wrong and we get caught out at the back and lose a few goals but it would be a block to build on rather than the usual lying down shit.

1 - 3 Septic to win but hopefully a good performance from us.

18 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

100% agree min.

If my greying memory serves me right Paterson played a few youngsters at Parkhead a few moons back and we won 3-2.

Youngsters, I do admit, have a mistake in them but they also have no fear.

A great chance of ridding the team of the DM risk averse, negative approach against the arse cheeks, which might, just might earn a different result?

Just now, Woody21 said:

100% agree min.

If my greying memory serves me right Paterson played a few youngsters at Parkhead a few moons back and we won 3-2.

Youngsters, I do admit, have a mistake in them but they also have no fear.

A great chance of ridding the team of the DM risk averse, negative approach against the arse cheeks, which might, just might earn a different result?

Aye, risk aversion is a great reason. 

On assumption that Glass will go 4 4 2 would select following side:

Lewis / Woods (depending on Joe's fitness)

Ramsay, Hoban, Considine, McKenzie

Campbell, McGinn, Hayes, Ferguson in a diamond formation, with Campbell the defensive player and Ferguson the attacking player.

Hendry up front with Kamberi playing the number 10 role, interchanging with Ferguson from time to time.

Would also have Hayes and McGinn swapping wings to, hopefully, give McLennan and Kennedy a lesson as to how it should be done.

Have dropped McCrorie due to his form not being good enough at present. Glass didn't buy him so shouldn't be obliged to play him at present, until his early season promise returns.

19 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Campbell, McGinn, Hayes, Ferguson in a diamond formation, with Campbell the defensive player and Ferguson the attacking player.

Hendry up front with Kamberi playing the number 10 role, interchanging with Ferguson from time to time.

Would also have Hayes and McGinn swapping wings to, hopefully, give McLennan and Kennedy a lesson as to how it should be done.

Have dropped McCrorie due to his form not being good enough at present. Glass didn't buy him so shouldn't be obliged to play him at present, until his early season promise returns.

McGinn doesn't have the legs to run up and down the wing any more.  I think he's better used off the striker where he can receive the ball nearer to goal and do his work from there. 

I agree with you re McGrorie's form but this is the type of game where I think he's useful, where we are going to have to do a lot of running and closing down.  The games he struggles are the ones where there is an onus on us to attack and be creative. 

Will be very interesting to see the line up he picks but I suspect we'll have a couple of changes from Saturday at the most. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGinn doesn't have the legs to run up and down the wing any more.  I think he's better used off the striker where he can receive the ball nearer to goal and do his work from there. 

I agree with you re McGrorie's form but this is the type of game where I think he's useful, where we are going to have to do a lot of running and closing down.  The games he struggles are the ones where there is an onus on us to attack and be creative. 

Will be very interesting to see the line up he picks but I suspect we'll have a couple of changes from Saturday at the most. 

McGinn against Celtic. :laughing:

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

4-4-2? 
He hasn’t done that though & won’t do.

If he plays Kamberi along with either of Hornby or Hendry, Kamberi will likely play the same role as last weekend, ie drifting wide and all over basically.

Pretty sure it’ll be 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1. 

Maybe something like:

Kamberi McGinn Hayes

Hendry or Hornby

31 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Joe Lewis has been handed a boost after a scan revealed he did not suffer a break following a rib injury picked up in the weekend win over Livingston.

Not bothered if he is fit for this one.

Wood is a capable replacement.

Thought they had already said Woods would be playing. May have misread.

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Joe Lewis has been handed a boost after a scan revealed he did not suffer a break following a rib injury picked up in the weekend win over Livingston.

Not bothered if he is fit for this one.

Wood is a capable replacement.

Not seen enough of Woods to ascertain if he is preferable over Lewis.

A couple of situations in the Livi game didn’t fully convince me that he is. Time will tell and I guess he would appreciate some game time to settle in.