Europe 21/22

Am I right in thinking the club only lost £200,000 over the whole pandemic, when player sales and insurance were considered? 

I think it's a brass neck asking fans to pay full price for ST this year when most never set foot in the stadium last season. 

Ridiculous to expect folk to pay for what is essentially 2 seasons worth of football, for just one. 

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

In that case every club is obliged to provide the service their customer is paying for. 

No, not quite.

The Season Ticket last years from Aberdeen was clear it would provide access either to Pittodrie when allowed else access to the PPV stream until the regulations changed.

Motherwell appear to have pledged the season ticket would cover watching 19 games in person at Fir Park

At the start of the 2020/21 season, we pledged to season ticket holders that they would see – in person – 19 Premiership matches at Fir Park in return for their purchase.

£300 or fitever for an adult ticket, when we still don't actually know when we'll get back? 

Im holding off until there's a confirmed date 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Am I right in thinking the club only lost £200,000 over the whole pandemic, when player sales and insurance were considered? 

I think it's a brass neck asking fans to pay full price for ST this year when most never set foot in the stadium last season. 

Ridiculous to expect folk to pay for what is essentially 2 seasons worth of football, for just one. 

Correct - even worse when they then may ask fans to pay £20 for the privilege of going to the first game back because it happens to be a cup game. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

£300 or fitever for an adult ticket, when we still don't actually know when we'll get back? 

Im holding off until there's a confirmed date 

I said the same. If we get back towards the end of the year will pick up a half ST then get a ST again next season. 

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

No, not quite.

The Season Ticket last years from Aberdeen was clear it would provide access either to Pittodrie when allowed else access to the PPV stream until the regulations changed.

Motherwell appear to have pledged the season ticket would cover watching 19 games in person at Fir Park

It was also heavily pushed during the cold calling and from Cormack's press releases that full crowds would be allowed back in October 2020. 

53 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. 

the time and the place to give away a freebie is when we are back to normality. How can they charge for the stream for this match but let those who were lucky enough to get a ticket go for free?

Just now, Tord31 said:

the time and the place to give away a freebie is when we are back to normality. How can they charge for the stream for this match but let those who were lucky enough to get a ticket go for free?

Because the only ones going for free will be the people who have a season ticket. Vast majority of who will have forked out for a season ticket last year and never got a single game in the flesh. Even if they said, people who had ST's last year and this year got in for nothing. 

PPV stream would still be available for people who dont have ST's. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

It was also heavily pushed during the cold calling and from Cormack's press releases that full crowds would be allowed back in October 2020. 

Unfortunately or fortunately DC does not run Scotland that’s NS’s job so unless she cold called you I would have taken it with a pinch of salt 

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Correct - even worse when they then may ask fans to pay £20 for the privilege of going to the first game back because it happens to be a cup game. 

If he pulls a name out his arse in regards to a signing, I think folk would be happy. 

Looking at the squad up and down I'm not overly excited by it. 

Chuck in another known name and folk might be more inclined to pay. 

3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Unfortunately or fortunately DC does not run Scotland that’s NS’s job so unless she cold called you I would have taken it with a pinch of salt 

I did. But they were claiming it was following discussion with the relevant authorities - of whom I presume the government would have been one. Fair do's things changed no issue with that. But still think as a result, where people didnt really get value for money lets be honest, they could give those people this European game as a thank you for their cash last season. 

6 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Because the only ones going for free will be the people who have a season ticket. Vast majority of who will have forked out for a season ticket last year and never got a single game in the flesh. Even if they said, people who had ST's last year and this year got in for nothing. 

PPV stream would still be available for people who dont have ST's. 

It's not fair that 5665 are getting in (tbc) but 2035 are missing out. Also the majority of the 2035 will also have missed out on the Killie game last season.

I'll be raging if I miss out on this game so don't make the situation worse by giving away the tickets for free. How will you reward the 2035 that miss out? The rewards need to be when they can treat all season ticket holders the same.

Season ticket for 21 years in a row and had no intention of giving it up regardless of covid. McInnes staying on would have tested that but not covid.

It's very little money in the grand scheme of what a typical aberdeen household spends in a year.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's not fair that 5665 are getting in (tbc) but 2035 are missing out. Also the majority of the 2035 will also have missed out on the Killie game last season.

I'll be raging if I miss out on this game so don't make the situation worse by giving away the tickets for free. How will you reward the 2035 that miss out? The rewards need to be when they can treat all season ticket holders the same.

Season ticket for 21 years in a row and had no intention of giving it up regardless of covid. McInnes staying on would have tested that but not covid.

It's very little money in the grand scheme of what a typical aberdeen household spends in a year.

The ones who miss out, get either the next round free, or the first cup game of the season. Its not really hard to come up with that kind of system. 

15 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

The ones who miss out, get either the next round free, or the first cup game of the season. Its not really hard to come up with that kind of system. 

We are all getting the first domestic cup game already.

They could award us some ticket cash to draw down on and thats how that system would work. Many fans already have some ticket cash.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We are all getting the first domestic cup game already.

They could award us some ticket cash to draw down on and thats how that system would work. Many fans already have some ticket cash.

There you go then - you've answered your own question. All ST holders last season and this season get the equivalent of a games ticket cash to use. Keeps it fair as everybody gets the same reward. 

31 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

There are two different things at play here.  Last year, and this year.  After the end of last season, the club confirmed that you could ask for a refund for some of your season ticket value (which they calculate as the difference in price between the games your season ticket covered and the cost that the equivalent PPV access would have cost).  Perhaps a bit cheeky as if they had tried to sell you a PPV season ticket, you'd probably have expected it to be discounted, but still a significant refund.  So that was offered, but they requested that people didn't request it if they could afford it.  Each to their own, I know some people did and others didn't.  There were rewards to not doing so, but a fraction of the value of the refund.

This season, it is entirely possible that a significant amount of fans will get the full value of their season ticket.  So why we would start cutting about with freebies now, for this year, when some season ticket holders that may benefit from it may not have had one last year, or may have requested the refund.  

As a season ticket holder last year, I'd have loved this one for free but that gives a £1-2m hole at least to fill.  I'm not sure if any Dons fan would be happy if that amount was removed from the football budget for the year ahead. 

6 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Supposedly you get access to the first domestic cup match for free (depends when we get drawn at home this year and who against on what value that will have) and a friendly/legends match (nae worth very much).  With this committed to, would be daft to start dishing out other ones, especially since we are likely to still be walking a tightrope for the foreseeable on how many people can get in to games.  

2 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

There you go then - you've answered your own question. All ST holders last season and this season get the equivalent of a games ticket cash to use. Keeps it fair as everybody gets the same reward. 

For sure they could do but with the message being that there are no rules from August 9th I dont think the goalposts have really moved from the already offered two free matches.

6 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

There are two different things at play here.  Last year, and this year.  After the end of last season, the club confirmed that you could ask for a refund for some of your season ticket value (which they calculate as the difference in price between the games your season ticket covered and the cost that the equivalent PPV access would have cost).  Perhaps a bit cheeky as if they had tried to sell you a PPV season ticket, you'd probably have expected it to be discounted, but still a significant refund.  So that was offered, but they requested that people didn't request it if they could afford it.  Each to their own, I know some people did and others didn't.  There were rewards to not doing so, but a fraction of the value of the refund.

This season, it is entirely possible that a significant amount of fans will get the full value of their season ticket.  So why we would start cutting about with freebies now, for this year, when some season ticket holders that may benefit from it may not have had one last year, or may have requested the refund.  

As a season ticket holder last year, I'd have loved this one for free but that gives a £1-2m hole at least to fill.  I'm not sure if any Dons fan would be happy if that amount was removed from the football budget for the year ahead. 

Supposedly you get access to the first domestic cup match for free (depends when we get drawn at home this year and who against on what value that will have) and a friendly/legends match (nae worth very much).  With this committed to, would be daft to start dishing out other ones, especially since we are likely to still be walking a tightrope for the foreseeable on how many people can get in to games.  

How does giving this game for free create a 1-2m blackhole? If all ST holders got the game at £20 a pop, its just over 150k. 

8 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

How does giving this game for free create a 1-2m blackhole? If all ST holders got the game at £20 a pop, its just over 150k. 

And final word from me. All season ticket holders already had the chance to peg their 2020/21 season ticket back to £190. They had that chance they dont need any more money and the club are not going to differentiate between the refunders and the non refunders. 

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

And final word from me. All season ticket holders already had the chance to peg their 2020/21 season ticket back to £190. They had that chance they dont need any more money and the club are not going to differentiate between the refunders and the non refunders. 

We get it you dont agree with my point of view. That's cool. Glad its the final word from you though. 

30 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

In that section I was mainly talking about season tickets, but that bit may have not been clear.  

It was reference to Motherwell, and Consi saying:

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It was in the quote I was responding to, but I did jump around a bit so maybe wasn't clear.  

Back on your free ticket point, for me the key thing is that some people asked for their refund, and got it, so why should they be entitled to a free ticket here?  And others chose not to ask for a refund, so why would anyone be that bothered if they were charged for this game at whatever hopefully reasonable rate they put forward?  Just see it as over the top to think it would scandalous that they would consider charging for this...