Livingston 1 - 2 Aberdeen

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Listening to Stephen Glass post match, Ryan Hedges doesn’t sound like he’ll be going anywhere in the summer, and reading between the lines, I think we’ll try & sign Calum Hendry. 

Offer Ryan an extended contract on his day he is a quality player

Hendry sign as a back up player only otherwise not bothered about him

46 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Offer Ryan an extended contract on his day he is a quality player

Hendry sign as a back up player only otherwise not bothered about him

Agree about the Hedges bit.

What if he doesn’t want to re-sign though?

What’s the figure that would tempt us to sell with only 12 months on a contract to go & he can sign a pre contract in January. 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree about the Hedges bit.

What if he doesn’t want to re-sign though?

What’s the figure that would tempt us to sell with only 12 months on a contract to go & he can sign a pre contract in January. 

It’s not worth selling for a couple hundred thousand, unless of course it would mean an unsettled player.

500k is probably good value given he cost us nothing and will have less than a year to go.

Id rather he extended with us, even with a release clause if need be.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s not worth selling for a couple hundred thousand, unless of course it would mean an unsettled player.

500k is probably good value given he cost us nothing and will have less than a year to go.

Id rather he extended with us, even with a release clause if need be.

I'd be wanting at least a million before I considered selling this summer 

Amazing how one player makes a difference to a team.

Hedges is that player.

Aberdeen are still rubbish but we are lucky Livingston are worse.

At least 4 or 5 players shipped out next season.

Let's see if Cormack puts up the cash for their replacements.

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd be wanting at least a million before I considered selling this summer 

Hardly realistic with the wages we pay plus only having 12 months left on his contract

There were folk saying on here a few weeks back that he won't be signing a new contract. A £500k bid would allow Glass to source a very good replacement but I'd be keeping him to see out his contract for anything less. 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Hardly realistic with the wages we pay plus only having 12 months left on his contract

There were folk saying on here a few weeks back that he won't be signing a new contract. A £500k bid would allow Glass to source a very good replacement but I'd be keeping him to see out his contract for anything less. 

I didn't say we'd get offered a million. 

I said I wouldn't sell him for less than that this summer as we're better off keeping him otherwise. 

Despite earlier comment stating couldn't care less I did watch the last 30 mins. An impressive second goal it must be said, and we definitely had a bit of zip about our passing moving the ball forward. 

We were a bit ropey at the back, and don't think Mackenzie covered himself in glory at all.

McGeough will be an asset if he can stay fit, which he's not managed throughout his career to date. 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ibrokes?

They are financially fine now and if they qualify for the champs groups next season, will prob be in a better financial position than celtic

That's frankly nonsense. A simple look on Companies House will show you directors loan after directors loan has got them through the last year.

Celtic have cash in the back. 

Talking about the huns , the police said they allowed them to gather illegally in Glasgow during lockdown.

The cops said it was to avoid trouble in different parts of Glasgow'

Better to have them all in one spot.

Makes sense I suppose, but one rule for them  comes to mind.

Nothing ever changes. 

26 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Talking about the huns , the police said they allowed them to gather illegally in Glasgow during lockdown.

The cops said it was to avoid trouble in different parts of Glasgow'

Better to have them all in one spot.

Makes sense I suppose, but one rule for them  comes to mind.

Nothing ever changes. 

It’s this mentality that reinforces the mentality that they can get away with anything. It’s the same with supporters at grounds, I know for a fact the police preference was to keep them in the ground, all in one place than lift / eject.

Frankly, the authorities need to get much tougher

1 minute ago, GreenLisbon25 said:

Excellent result this weekend!
It is still possible to reach third place. The game against the Hibernian will be very important. Absolutely decisive! The third is important for the struggle to enter in UECL!
Come on Aberdeen!

Thanks. But 3rd or 4th make no difference in where you qualify for Europe next year. We are playing for pride and a wee bit extra cash only. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GreenLisbon25 said:

Ok ... I had an idea that by the position in the championship there are advantages in the draw at UECL

Aye sadly it is the cup winner entering the euro league next year.we are out. Can get third but need to beat hibs then an undefeated in the league huns(the rangers) at there ground.last game as well when they get their trophy ?,so it’s the new euro comp next year for us. 

a thought sporting were going to shite it against bottom national.guy sent off and 2 goals in the last ten mins.a put a tenner on it at 75min to double ma money.easy win.

porto last minute winner???sure ??

9 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

If we beat Hibs head to head, we then have to get more points against the hun than Hibs do against the tims.

The Huns at Ibrokes on trophy presentation party day looking to finish the season as invincibles or a home game against a shite Celtic team who have already downed tools?

I think I'd fancy His chances of taking more points than us that day but stranger things have happened.

A 5-0 win against Hibs sees us wiping out the goal difference......unlikely but not impossible if we suddenly click into gear. 

We'd then only have to match whatever Hibs do in their last game. I fully expect Celtic to have announced their new manager by then so hopefully their players will be looking to make an instant impression on him.

3rd is a long shot but it's not totally impossible. If only we could have held on for those final 3 seconds against Celtic