Declan Gallagher

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yet you seem to have left out the first goal which was very much the fault of the defence & which basically completely changed the game & was the route cause of the ease in which the other goals came after as we had no choice but to open up more which suited their relaxed ability to leave as many players up in our half as they wanted. Strengthened by their own faith in their on VERY CAPABLE defence. 
That team last night was a VERY good example of what is (the basics) required to regularly get to & compete in European group stage football & one of the (VERY) obvious lessons to take away from it is that you cannot approach these levels without a strong defensive unit. That is something we either ignorantly ignored in our whole approach this season or penny pinched on in hope or a gamble. All this season’s European exploits have shown me is that Cormack really wasn’t as fully committed to the task of really pushing for it this season as he tries to make out he is. I REALLY hope he has learned a valuable lesson as this season really was one of the easiest opportunities to go for it considering the draws we got. I don’t think it is going to get any easier in all honesty. Everyone realises that group stage football (no matter which level) is a decent wee cash cow. Especially for smaller league countries like us that has a league title prize pot of less than conference group qualification & we cannot even get near our own bloody title funds.

Couple all the above with the fact that pretty much every signing we have made (loan or perm) of any potential sell on value all belong other clubs so where exactly are we planning on the money making prawcess? 

I didn’t mention the first goal as I missed most of it as the camera work was a bit ropey I thought but from what I did see it was a cut back to someone in the box the midfield should of picked up so not sure how that blame is put in mccrorie and Gallaghers  head. 

This thing you have against cormack and his “prawcess” what ever that is, is it because he’s not pumped millions and millions into the team bought star players you’ve heard off, money we don’t have and because of Covid pretty much no team has 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yup. Was giving him two windows. I think even that is overly generous for any club, let alone a top end top flight club.

Its BS anyway allowing any sort of leniency really. Cormack insisted he is the right man for the job & extremely experienced & a great coach.

So why should he be ‘given time’ when he was shoe horned in with such bullish bravado by the chairman?

That defence he has had us start such an important season with probably our easiest route to groups since Calderwood era is not the work of someone Cormack claimed he is.

No doubt he will be excused by the many & given a free ride because ‘can we really expect better’? ?

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think Cormack is a full of shite snake oil salesman yes. & he’s pulled wool over many eyes with his big white ???

Why wait until day of last game in Europe & following day to make 3 signings? Still only one CH though when we nee 2 after  Considine injury. I don’t even know if Bates is any good, other than a few Huns with their usual hype a while ago

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think there were some plausible excuses for that loss as well.

Can’t remember the best ones though

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I never started in on Cormack until the prawcess of him shoe horning Glass in so you are making up utter shite to suit now.

I was 100% anti McInnes not Cormack.

Now I am swinging greatly against Cormack & still back Glass but his strings are clearly being tugged by Cormack 

My only gripe has been the defensive shambolic approach to qualifying for groups on the cheap 

So you think they prepared sufficiently in the defensive areas of the team (let alone squad) for the fabled group stages & top 100status aye?

you don’t think it needs any criticism? Or it should be excused with fob off’s

Of course it is a positive now but if the main ambitions clearly set out by chairman is to reach groups & top 100 status then he needed to back that up. 
Overall I am delighted with Glass & the general way the team is going after Mcinnes/Milne but that doesn’t mean we cannot discuss & even bitch about the obvious shortcomings after such bravado 

I think he thinks he knows more than anyone else about football & is quite condescending in his views. It is quite apparent that is the case for allowing us to try to limp into groups in such a way. 

A good defence is one of the basics to start from when building a decent side. It has been pretty much ignored though until Considine injury. They assumed swapping Gallagher for Taylor & Hoban was enough & that McRorrie could be a CH

i am genuinely astonished that our central defence has been allowed to go down hill after getting rid of Taylor & tha latter abilities of Hoban 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yet you seem to have left out the first goal which was very much the fault of the defence & which basically completely changed the game & was the route cause of the ease in which the other goals came after as we had no choice but to open up more which suited their relaxed ability to leave as many players up in our half as they wanted. Strengthened by their own faith in their on VERY CAPABLE defence. 
That team last night was a VERY good example of what is (the basics) required to regularly get to & compete in European group stage football & one of the (VERY) obvious lessons to take away from it is that you cannot approach these levels without a strong defensive unit. That is something we either ignorantly ignored in our whole approach this season or penny pinched on in hope or a gamble. All this season’s European exploits have shown me is that Cormack really wasn’t as fully committed to the task of really pushing for it this season as he tries to make out he is. I REALLY hope he has learned a valuable lesson as this season really was one of the easiest opportunities to go for it considering the draws we got. I don’t think it is going to get any easier in all honesty. Everyone realises that group stage football (no matter which level) is a decent wee cash cow. Especially for smaller league countries like us that has a league title prize pot of less than conference group qualification & we cannot even get near our own bloody title funds.

Couple all the above with the fact that pretty much every signing we have made (loan or perm) of any potential sell on value all belong other clubs so where exactly are we planning on the money making prawcess? 

Tl;dr

FKN CORMACK FKN GLASS FKN CORMACK FKN

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, thurso said:

This thing you have against cormack and his “prawcess” what ever that is, is it because he’s not pumped millions and millions into the team bought star players you’ve heard off, money we don’t have and because of Covid pretty much no team has 

It's more cos the spamming prick's nae right in the heed. File under attention freak 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Get your layout of posting sorted. No cunt will read it because it’s abysmal. Genuinely like a kid or a thick cunt wrote it.

• Haha 4
14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think Cormack is a full of shite snake oil salesman yes. & he’s pulled wool over many eyes with his big white ???

Why wait until day of last game in Europe & following day to make 3 signings? Still only one CH though when we nee 2 after  Considine injury. I don’t even know if Bates is any good, other than a few Huns with their usual hype a while ago

Ok, now just need you to go make yourself a fortune, buy Aberdeen FC and then show Cormack, Milne, Glass et al and us supporter's how it should be done.

Patiently waiting for the glory days to return F&D so pull your finger out with making that fortune won't you ?

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Of course it is a positive now but if the main ambitions clearly set out by chairman is to reach groups & top 100 status then he needed to back that up. 
Overall I am delighted with Glass & the general way the team is going after Mcinnes/Milne but that doesn’t mean we cannot discuss & even bitch about the obvious shortcomings after such bravado 

I believe Cormack has realised he made a Roger Hunt of holding back on the purse strings and has now given Glass a bit more cash to acquire more reinforcements as every man and their dog knew we were well short of enough quality.

It still doesn’t excuse Glass for starting a match we had to win with 1 player up front. That was a ridiculous approach which gave the Qarabag defence as easy a time as they could have hoped for. 
Cormack and Glass gave Qarabag a free pass to the league stages. 
Hopefully they talk the talk and don’t give Celtic and Rangers the same to the league title.

12 hours ago, thurso said:

I didn’t mention the first goal as I missed most of it as the camera work was a bit ropey I thought but from what I did see it was a cut back to someone in the box the midfield should of picked up so not sure how that blame is put in mccrorie and Gallaghers  head. 

My only gripe , as I have said once or twice. Is Cormack/Glass’s amateurish approach to a defence for a top SPFL side attempting to reach European group stage football & become a top 100 club

12 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Tl;dr

FKN CORMACK FKN GLASS FKN CORMACK FKN

You forgot the reason for the above. 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

My only gripe , as I have said once or twice. Is Cormack/Glass’s amateurish approach to a defence for a top SPFL side attempting to reach European group stage football & become a top 100 club

To what point do you think the club should gamble though? 

I'd rather build sustainably than  throw all the money at the problem in one transfer window leaving us with a wage bill we can't afford. 

Yeah it's frustrating the players came in once it was too late but I suspect a Ferguson transfer fee is ultimately paying for this latest splurge. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

To what point do you think the club should gamble though? 

I'd rather build sustainably than  throw all the money at the problem in one transfer window leaving us with a wage bill we can't afford. 

Yeah it's frustrating the players came in once it was too late but I suspect a Ferguson transfer fee is ultimately paying for this latest splurge. 

To the point where we have the central defence (the basic minimum) required to reach group stages. We were never going to get there with the shambles we attempted 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We now have 4 centre half’s 3 with Scotland caps the other has been in the Scotland squad. Even our sick note who might have signed but probably won’t be fit has scotland caps. I don’t think it’s as bad as you make out 

7 hours ago, thurso said:

We now have 4 centre half’s 3 with Scotland caps the other has been in the Scotland squad. Even our sick note who might have signed but probably won’t be fit has scotland caps. I don’t think it’s as bad as you make out 

Really? Did you really just try to glamorise the shite we have with all that shite?

I am not writing off Bates yet, not at all but Gallagher for me has been a wasted wage signing of another over exaggerated defender based on a few good games for Well that earned him Scotland call ups. Scotland has never had a worse selection of central defenders & he only just about gets into the squad amongst them.

Your playing up of internationals really doesn’t make a single iota of a difference when you are using current (or fringe/former token caps) as some sort of example to boost your stance.

Gallagher might be better than Taylor (I’ll wait n see) but he most certainly hasn’t shown anything yet for us to suggest he can even lace that donkeys boots. Bates I’ll give equal time to judge but pls quit over praise based on fk all merit 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How much would that cost? And would the players of the requisite quality come here just now? 

The defence we had for the European qualifiers (both pre/post Considine injury) wasn’t even anywhere near acceptable for our own domestic games for even a short spell let alone season, so why the fk would it be deemed acceptable for playing better teams to get to groups? 

are we truly chasing groups/top 100 or nae? Is it just pish the chairman feeds folk? 
I know where my view of his actual actions have been as opposed to his mooth.

23 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Really? Did you really just try to glamorise the shite we have with all that shite?

I am not writing off Bates yet, not at all but Gallagher for me has been a wasted wage signing of another over exaggerated defender based on a few good games for Well that earned him Scotland call ups. Scotland has never had a worse selection of central defenders & he only just about gets into the squad amongst them.

Your playing up of internationals really doesn’t make a single iota of a difference when you are using current (or fringe/former token caps) as some sort of example to boost your stance.

Gallagher might be better than Taylor (I’ll wait n see) but he most certainly hasn’t shown anything yet for us to suggest he can even lace that donkeys boots. Bates I’ll give equal time to judge but pls quit over praise based on fk all merit 

What has Gallagher actually done that was wrong. Specifically what goals were his fault. What mistakes did he make 

ps what did your first sentence actually mean 

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The defence we had for the European qualifiers (both pre/post Considine injury) wasn’t even anywhere near acceptable for our own domestic games for even a short spell let alone season, so why the fk would it be deemed acceptable for playing better teams to get to groups? 

are we truly chasing groups/top 100 or nae? Is it just pish the chairman feeds folk? 

Do you just have a few variations on this that you have saved so you can just hit ctrl V in every thread? 

39 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Even if we'd upped the ante and got two better centre backs in do you think Teddy Jenks and Funso Ojo are good enough to progress us in Europe? 

We're a lot more than just two centre backs away.  We need to build this up sustainably. We can't just throw money we don't have at it overnight.  

The 15000 season ticket target is what pays for the sustained high wages. Not that I think we'll get that mind you. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, thurso said:

What has Gallagher actually done that was wrong. Specifically what goals were his fault. What mistakes did he make 

ps what did your first sentence actually mean 

Gallagher has been shite end of. The perceived savior has been miles off what Glass presumed 

as for other bit., you are seriously trying to pretty up our ‘defence’ with BS rgds them all being ‘Scotland internationals’ ? seriously. Get a fkn grip.

2 hours ago, G31DON said:

Do you just have a few variations on this that you have saved so you can just hit ctrl V in every thread? 

No need. My one gripe is enough said in my numerous varieties 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Even if we'd upped the ante and got two better centre backs in do you think Teddy Jenks and Funso Ojo are good enough to progress us in Europe? 

We're a lot more than just two centre backs away.  We need to build this up sustainably. We can't just throw money we don't have at it overnight.  

The 15000 season ticket target is what pays for the sustained high wages. Not that I think we'll get that mind you. 

Agree rgds Jenks, he’s overrated shite. Ojo still has a second chance but jury is justifiably out but he contributed enough to to probably get us further than our shite defence merited tbf to him so in truth, he deserves far less criticism than Cormack/Glass & their excuse for a defence 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Double

First one was far better than that post because it didn’t actually happen ?

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gallagher has been shite end of. The perceived savior has been miles off what Glass presumed 

as for other bit., you are seriously trying to pretty up our ‘defence’ with BS rgds them all being ‘Scotland internationals’ ? seriously. Get a fkn grip.

No need. My one gripe is enough said in my numerous varieties 

Agree rgds Jenks, he’s overrated shite. Ojo still has a second chance but jury is justifiably out but he contributed enough to to probably get us further than our shite defence merited tbf to him so in truth, he deserves far less criticism than Cormack/Glass & their excuse for a defence 

First one was far better than that post because it didn’t actually happen ?

Ok why has Gallagher been shit. What’s he done wrong. Persuade me

13 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s been shite. 90% of the goals we have conceded have come right through middle of our defence. Both before & after he came into the side this season.

There is absolutely zero orginisation in our defence. He’s slower than your abilities to realise how much he is not the answer to our central defence. He may be a passable inclusion IF he has a decent partner but he will always be a slow af hole filler. Nothing more. I genuinely rate Ash Taylor more than him. Possibly even in his first stint with us. That’s how poor I think Gallagher has been

go watch all his contributions for us so far. You seem to think a couple of clearances v Hearts (whilst ignoring his stupid tackle in penalty) is enough to say he’s been great. 
Our central defence has been fkn SHITE nae cunt knows who is controlling the line & nae cunt wants to take charge

6 hours ago, thurso said:

C’mon the defence has been no better with him than it was without him. He’s been poor so far.

The pen v Hearts, his atrocious passing out of defence the other night v Qarabag. That’s just what I can remember off the top of my head, I’m sure if we rewatched the games it wouldn’t take long to find more examples of poor play.

I’m hoping he’ll kick in with Bates beside him.

41 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

C’mon the defence has been no better with him than it was without him. He’s been poor so far.

The pen v Hearts, his atrocious passing out of defence the other night v Qarabag. That’s just what I can remember off the top of my head, I’m sure if we rewatched the games it wouldn’t take long to find more examples of poor play.

I’m hoping he’ll kick in with Bates beside him.

The penalty was soft only seen it on sportscene but some said it was a pen some not.
His passing was shit but no everyone’s was on Thursday it was our biggest problem I think. 
He’s no Willie Miller but his actual defending ok tho 

He’s been shite. 90% of the goals we have conceded have come right through middle of our defence. Both before & after he came into the side this season.

There is absolutely zero orginisation in our defence. He’s slower than your abilities to realise how much he is not the answer to our central defence. He may be a passable inclusion IF he has a decent partner but he will always be a slow af hole filler. Nothing more. I genuinely rate Ash Taylor more than him. Possibly even in his first stint with us. That’s how poor I think Gallagher has been

go watch all his contributions for us so far. You seem to think a couple of clearances v Hearts (whilst ignoring his stupid tackle in penalty) is enough to say he’s been great. 
Our central defence has been fkn SHITE nae cunt knows who is controlling the line & nae cunt wants to take charge

If you rate ash taylor better than Gallagher I think you know nothing about football and won’t read beyond that bit of the post