Declan Gallagher

14 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It was so feeble, WW. Put your body on the line for fucks sake, it's nae hard. Shame absolutely none of our central defenders are willing to do that. 

David Bates's performance on Sunday emphasised that. Truly awful. Piece of bad luck for the first goal but he played the boy onside to start with. 

And it's that type of attitude and performance that got Gallagher his Scotland caps. Not sure what's happened to that player. 

2 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

And it's that type of attitude and performance that got Gallagher his Scotland caps. Not sure what's happened to that player. 

He appears to have caught the contagious Aberdeen Syndrome, whereby you are given an obscene length of contract that equates to the highest earnings you have ever received during your football career, but adopt the mentality of thinking you don't have to break sweat to earn your pay packet as you know you would not get a better contract elsewhere, although you would rather not be at Aberdeen. 

15 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I’d take Tony Watt. Said for years he’d be a good signing and here’s him doing superb at Motherwell. 

Why did my post make you want more Motherwell players

15 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Craig Brown wasn't an absolute disaster - he did a decent job for a season or so, he did was necessary at the time after a few horrific years. 

The others mentioned have been utter currrraaappp though.

Not an absolute disaster but took us from 9th to about 9th. Had Vernon, McGinn, Hayes, Fraser, Rae, Anderson & Reynolds in his last season and finished behind the likes of St Johnston, Inverness and Ross County

16 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Curtis Main. 

Fucking hell, I forgot about him already.

Can't believe it turns out our greatest Motherwell signing was Eric Deleamoux

15 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Didn't expect to be wishing we'd kept Taylor instead though!

To me though thats the prawcess right there.  Do you persist with Taylor mercenary types and sit comfortably 5th-3rd for ever more.

Or do you try to change it, one can only assume with a view to improving that position but with the risk that it can back fire on you particularly if your atypical signings (relative to Taylor, Wilson, Gleason et al) backfire on you, just as appears to be happening. 

Careful what you wish for, know your place, living in the 80's n'that. 

56 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Why did my post make you want more Motherwell players

Not an absolute disaster but took us from 9th to about 9th. Had Vernon, McGinn, Hayes, Fraser, Rae, Anderson & Reynolds in his last season and finished behind the likes of St Johnston, Inverness and Ross County

Fucking hell, I forgot about him already.

Can't believe it turns out our greatest Motherwell signing was Eric Deleamoux

Was just about to mention the great Eric 

He wasn’t bad was he? Seem to recall him being consistent 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

To be fair he's only on a 2 year deal. 

But he'll be getting a decent whack no doubt. 

A guaranteed 2 year contractual deal that equates to a basic of, say, £4.5k a week (just an estimate), with add-ons based on results, is far greater security than working for the NLW of £8.91 per hour with the threat of redundancy petenially hanging over you, and if/when the inevitable happens you are lucky just to receive a percentage of your holiday pay entitlement to get you by for the next few weeks until you secure a new job or eventually receive the rock 'n' roll.

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Not saying another manager wouldn’t have managed to save us from relegation, but The GWT did. Put together the guts of a decent squad for McInnes to start with too.

He gets an unfair amount of stick on here for his time in charge. Came to steady a rapidly sinking ship which he did.

He certainly did that min. If it wasn't for Brown and Knox we would've went down without even a wimper. 

Some of the best performances I have seen from Aberdeen were under their stewardship (2-1 win away to St. Johnstone, 4-1 away win against St. Mirren, and a 4-3 defeat (lost 2 injury time goals) at Parkhead against a tim team who had beat Barcelona (arguably the best team ever) earlier that season). 

35 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Not saying another manager wouldn’t have managed to save us from relegation, but The GWT did. Put together the guts of a decent squad for McInnes to start with too.

He gets an unfair amount of stick on here for his time in charge. Came to steady a rapidly sinking ship which he did.

Brown n Knox might be getting called into action to do the same thing again before the end of this season. 

just when someone mentioned Knox there - that’s exactly the kind of person Glass needed as an assistant (although Erchie is probably a bit old for it now).

There were strong rumours that Celtic were very interested in Gallagher in January (probably as a cheap, short term signing to replace Shane Duffy who proved such a disaster). Given Gallagher's background, he must've thought his dreams were about to all come true. For whatever reason it didn't come off though. And his form at Motherwell went rapidly downhill (you will find some Motherwell supporting revisionists who will now tell you that he was shite for his whole time there....he wasn't).

I'm not sure if the disappointment from that has carried forward but he's certainly been pretty awful since joining us. He's been rightfully dropped but McCrorie most certainly isn't a long term solution at centre half. Maybe trying Gallagher/Bates/McCrorie in a back three would work as a short term fix, but really you need a left sided defender in there to make it work properly and none of those three are anything other than right sided. MacKenzie could work there but it would be a bit of an experiment and if it didn't come off Glass would be under even more pressure than he is already.

I saw someone say Considine has been promised a new contract already by Glass. That would be madness as there's no guarantee that his knee will hold up to the rigours of full time training and playing and foreby that he was noticeably even slower in the past year than he ever was. It won't have improved by the time he's recovered...if he recovers.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:57 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It was so feeble, WW. Put your body on the line for fucks sake, it's nae hard. Shame absolutely none of our central defenders are willing to do that. 

David Bates's performance on Sunday emphasised that. Truly awful. Piece of bad luck for the first goal but he played the boy onside to start with. 

You don't think mccrorie puts his body on the line?

Really?

REALLY?

23 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not exactly much of an exaggeration. He’s not exactly done anything with us to justify being excluded from that kind of company 

He’s been utter horse shite in fact. Far too many treating him to all kinds of bs excuses for ‘not being up to speed’ considering he’s supposed to be a fkn experienced CH.

I wouldn’t have him in defence even if he had permission to use a fkn baseball bat to help him. Except v the Huns of course 

Aye he would be handy against the huns.

Yep he's not been good thata for sure.

12 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

To me though thats the prawcess right there.  Do you persist with Taylor mercenary types and sit comfortably 5th-3rd for ever more.

Or do you try to change it, one can only assume with a view to improving that position but with the risk that it can back fire on you particularly if your atypical signings (relative to Taylor, Wilson, Gleason et al) backfire on you, just as appears to be happening. 

Careful what you wish for, know your place, living in the 80's n'that. 

As negative as it sounds realistically rangers and Celtic should be 1&2 or 2&1 every season. 
pie in the sky stuff to think we or anyone else can win the league. 

cups are where it’s at. Our best and only hope of silverware. 

Makes glass’s lineup decision against raith ever more annoying. 
for all his faults McInnes wouldn’t have done that. 

11 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He certainly did that min. If it wasn't for Brown and Knox we would've went down without even a wimper. 

Some of the best performances I have seen from Aberdeen were under their stewardship (2-1 win away to St. Johnstone, 4-1 away win against St. Mirren, and a 4-3 defeat (lost 2 injury time goals) at Parkhead against a tim team who had beat Barcelona (arguably the best team ever) earlier that season). 

That 4-3 game was a punch to the gut. Didn’t one of their players (van dijk?) score an overhead kick to win it in the last few seconds. 

josh magennis scored at least 1 for us? I remember thinking at 3-2 and even at 3-3 it would be a great result. 

it’s the hope that kills you (and cancer and heart attacks etc)

8 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

As negative as it sounds realistically rangers and Celtic should be 1&2 or 2&1 every season. 

In fairness that was with a view to the euro game which agreeing with you re cups for silverware should be priority 2 if nothing else but for the money.

19 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Brown n Knox might be getting called into action to do the same thing again before the end of this season. 

just when someone mentioned Knox there - that’s exactly the kind of person Glass needed as an assistant (although Erchie is probably a bit old for it now).

Aye coorse as cats shite Knox, if Gallagher thought he was THE  man with a baseball bat, put Knox in a dark room with a baseball bat and see who's the fucking man then!

9 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Agreed

Mcinnes got 2nd 4 times 

9 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

That 4-3 game was a punch to the gut. Didn’t one of their players (van dijk?) score an overhead kick to win it in the last few seconds. 

josh magennis scored at least 1 for us? I remember thinking at 3-2 and even at 3-3 it would be a great result. 

Samaras I think, Andersons nemesis

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

You don't think mccrorie puts his body on the line?

Really?

REALLY?

Ross McCrorie has been equally culpable for the goals we have weakly conceded this season, so is not exempt from any criticism.

He actually played quite well on Sunday when playing in a role that gave him a bit more freedom than normal. However, his booking was avoidable though.

12 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

I am pretty sure Gary Hooper scored the winner from an overhead kick after a misdirected header by Georgios Samaras. Typical of their fucking luck.

That big lump Van Dijk was signed the following season. His performance last weekend was further proof of how truly woeful he is as a defender. 

When he went up 3-1 that day after an hour or so, there was a mass exodus from the so-called "faithful through and through" supporters which was a joy to behold and showed them up to be anything but faithful.

Edit: It was Samaras that scored that overhead kick from Lassad Nouinoui (?) misdirected header. Cunt.

21 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

There were strong rumours that Celtic were very interested in Gallagher in January (probably as a cheap, short term signing to replace Shane Duffy who proved such a disaster). Given Gallagher's background, he must've thought his dreams were about to all come true. For whatever reason it didn't come off though. And his form at Motherwell went rapidly downhill (you will find some Motherwell supporting revisionists who will now tell you that he was shite for his whole time there....he wasn't).

I'm not sure if the disappointment from that has carried forward but he's certainly been pretty awful since joining us. He's been rightfully dropped but McCrorie most certainly isn't a long term solution at centre half. Maybe trying Gallagher/Bates/McCrorie in a back three would work as a short term fix, but really you need a left sided defender in there to make it work properly and none of those three are anything other than right sided. MacKenzie could work there but it would be a bit of an experiment and if it didn't come off Glass would be under even more pressure than he is already.

I saw someone say Considine has been promised a new contract already by Glass. That would be madness as there's no guarantee that his knee will hold up to the rigours of full time training and playing and foreby that he was noticeably even slower in the past year than he ever was. It won't have improved by the time he's recovered...if he recovers.

Doesn’t that give you an idea of how glass should not be Aberdeen’s manager. And who rubber stamps it the sparkling tooth fairy Cormack. 

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ross McCrorie has been equally culpable for the goals we have weakly conceded this season, so is not exempt from any criticism.

He actually played quite well on Sunday when playing in a role that gave him a bit more freedom than normal. However, his booking was avoidable though.

Interesting to hear which goals you think McCrorie was to blame for.

Certainly the first against Breidablik was one he could have done better with but I think others did very little / nothing to support (Lewis / MacKenzie)

Also maybe the Ross County one, albeit again, others didn't help (Brown)

Other than that, McCrorie had been pretty decent for me in defence and is improving.

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Interesting to hear which goals you think McCrorie was to blame for.

Certainly the first against Breidablik was one he could have done better with but I think others did very little / nothing to support (Lewis / MacKenzie)

Also maybe the Ross County one, albeit again, others didn't help (Brown)

Other than that, McCrorie had been pretty decent for me in defence and is improving.

The Ross County one he was culpable for, although Scott Brown did not help with his wayward pass in the lead up to their goal.

To be fair to the lad, not having a settled partnership has not helped him one iota and that has led to his performances to being below average. 

My point being is that every member of our team has been liable, in one form or another, of contributing towards us losing goals. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The Ross County one he was culpable for, although Scott Brown did not help with his wayward pass in the lead up to their goal.

To be fair to the lad, not having a settled partnership has not helped him one iota and that has led to his performances to being below average. 

My point being is that every member of our team has been liable, in one form or another, of contributing towards us losing goals. 

Matty Kennedy hasn't

BHH

• Haha 1