Teddy Jenks

11 hours ago, Logiemink said:

Michael Hudson is THE greatest living economist if folk knew how the money system worked the new Stadium along with other projects would have been built 10 years ago after the financial crash the fact that the council/government dither on infrastructure is partly why the economy is fucked 

Have not heard of him. I will check him out (up to a short YouTube vid or article) if you recommend me something.

On 6/15/2021 at 7:52 PM, Don Fonte said:

The guy will be class MT, mark my words.

Potentially a flaming homo but a bloody good player.

Ok, family bias here but I don't think you need to worry about what you're getting with Ted. He's a great player, God only knows who put together that showreel I've seen on here but if someone points me in the right direction of how to post one I can show you what he's really capable of.

Great engine, a good box to box midfielder that can see and make great passes, a capable finisher as well. But, as they say the proof of the pudding...

I've joined this forum to engage with the support as I was party to Ted coming to Aberdeen and to that end have given up my season ticket of over 40 years at Old Trafford so (when restrictions are lifted) can come and support him with you. Not to mention the 800 mile round trip as opposed to the 35 minutes to OT!

He's the most conscientious, hard-working professional you could hope to meet and strives to be the best at whatever he does, I am 100% sure he'll do the business whilst with you. It was important for him to get the full pre-season with Aberdeen as well rather than just turn up and expect to play. Hopefully a great season ahead and if I get the chance to bump into a some of you for a few too many beers then all the better.

• Upvote 14
3 minutes ago, steve600rr4 said:

Ok, family bias here but I don't think you need to worry about what you're getting with Ted. He's a great player, God only knows who put together that showreel I've seen on here but if someone points me in the right direction of how to post one I can show you what he's really capable of.

Great engine, a good box to box midfielder that can see and make great passes, a capable finisher as well. But, as they say the proof of the pudding...

I've joined this forum to engage with the support as I was party to Ted coming to Aberdeen and to that end have given up my season ticket of over 40 years at Old Trafford so (when restrictions are lifted) can come and support him with you. Not to mention the 800 mile round trip as opposed to the 35 minutes to OT!

He's the most conscientious, hard-working professional you could hope to meet and strives to be the best at whatever he does, I am 100% sure he'll do the business whilst with you. It was important for him to get the full pre-season with Aberdeen as well rather than just turn up and expect to play. Hopefully a great season ahead and if I get the chance to bump into a some of you for a few too many beers then all the better.

Good stuff. Welcome aboard, hope he is what you say.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, steve600rr4 said:

Man Utd have been shit recently, right enough. Can't blame you.

41 minutes ago, steve600rr4 said:

As they say, “Once a Don, always a Don”

Welcome to the life of a Dandy.

• Dildo 1
39 minutes ago, steve600rr4 said:

Ready made Ferguson replacement then

41 minutes ago, steve600rr4 said:

He's the most conscientious, hard-working professional you could hope to meet and strives to be the best at whatever he does

Encouraging to hear. Here's hoping he gets his chance and develops from it - Scottish fitba is not as pub league as some would have you believe.

Cheers for the info Steve 

3 hours ago, steve600rr4 said:

We’ve been duped by an over exaggerating father on here before 

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

We’ve been duped by an over exaggerating father on here before 

Point taken and that's why I said ' the proof of the ...blah...'

Although I'm not his father, I get on ok with my sister but not to that extent.
As an aside, his father said that rather than go and play at Aberdeen he should just give up the game instead, spouting the usual Sunday/pub league crap. Personally I think it's a great choice and look forward to seeing him play for you and I was just trying to fill in a few of the blanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, steve600rr4 said:

As an aside, his father said that rather than go and play at Aberdeen he should just give up the game instead, spouting the usual Sunday/pub league crap. Personally I think it's a great choice and look forward to seeing him play for you and I was just trying to fill in a few of the blanks.

His father is not aware then that there have been many loaneeswho have benefitted from time at Aberdeen.

7 hours ago, steve600rr4 said:

Do you know Allan Russell by any chance?

2 hours ago, steve600rr4 said:

Didn’t Shane Duffy come up here from Brighton? He couldn’t cut it up here, a bottom end PL team wouldn’t win the league at a canter, as they like to think. A tired and ignorant myth. 

good stadium though, the Amex, I’ve been a few times. Though nothing on the Broadfield

Heaps of young players come up to Scotland on loan every season from EPL and Championship youth sides - almost every team in the SPL has a couple. The vast majority of them don't light up the league. I don't know how many we've had over the years but the only ones that spring to mind who really looked class were Danny Ward, Hector, Lowe, and Maddison.  I hope by the end of this season we can add Jenks to the list.

Steve - from a couple of videos I saw of Jenks on YouTube it seemed he was playing quite an advanced role - is it possible that he could be deployed as a striker? I'm just wondering if that's another reason we've not seen another striker signed.

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

Didn’t Shane Duffy come up here from Brighton? He couldn’t cut it up here, a bottom end PL team wouldn’t win the league at a canter, as they like to think. A tired and ignorant myth. 

good stadium though, the Amex, I’ve been a few times. Though nothing on the Broadfield

Male nurse. Cat owner. Fiat 500. Trips to Brighton.

Thats got to be a HOOOOOSE!!! in Bender Bingo. 

• Haha 7