What you doing today?

Easter egg hunt in the garden so chocolate eggs for breakfast

wander along the beach, in for a dook

home for lunch of wine with oatcakes and pate

20 mile cycle at wind farm

sunday dinner at home with red wine, now on the limoncello 

Today so far.....

After running a Companies House search on a company that my brother has indirectly dealt with and is having bother with (my brother formed a contract with their agent but the goods are being sold and distributed to him by the company), it transpires the company should not be trading at all. 

The company use their agent as a masquerade to absolve themselves of any wrongdoings or difficulties that may occur but incredibly market their goods for sale online on their company's website. 

Very naughty indeed.:nono:

The assigned delivery courier DPD refused to deliver his parcel on Friday as he hadn't been provided with a 4 digit PIN number by the agent nor DPD. DPD are due to attempt to deliver the item again this afternoon.

Despite many correspondences had with DPD, the agent, and the seller/distributor, no PIN number has been provided whatsoever, only the parcel's tracking number.

DPD are nigh impossible to contact (i.e. to interact with a human being).

As per research findings, the selling company, in question, are currently registered as a 'Dormant Company" with HMRC, therefore are also listed as this status with Companies House. I wonder what HMRC and Companies House would have to say about their illegalities, as well as DPD being concerned in the supply and distribution of goods on behalf of a company that aren't legally permitted to trade?🤔

I don't think they'll be any problem getting the goods delivered by DPD this afternoon.😄

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Today so far.....

After running a Companies House search on a company that my brother has indirectly dealt with and is having bother with (my brother formed a contract with their agent but the goods are being sold and distributed to him by the company), it transpires the company should not be trading at all. 

The company use their agent as a masquerade to absolve themselves of any wrongdoings or difficulties that may occur but incredibly market their goods for sale online on their company's website. 

The assigned delivery courier DPD refused to deliver his parcel on Friday as he hadn't been provided with a 4 digit PIN number by the agent nor DPD. DPD are due to attempt to deliver the item again this afternoon.

Despite many correspondences had with DPD, the agent, and the seller/distributor, no PIN number has been provided whatsoever, only the parcel's tracking number.

As per research findings, the selling company, in question, are currently registered as a 'Dormant Company" with HMRC, therefore are also listed as this status with Companies House. I wonder what HMRC and Companies House would have to say about their illegalities, as well as DPD being concerned in the supply and distribution of goods on behalf of a company that aren't legally permitted to trade?🤔

I don't think they'll be any problem getting the goods delivered by DPD this afternoon.😄

Grass. 🤣

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Today so far.....

Fits the tl;dr here

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Fits the tl;dr here

In a nutshell, DPD on Friday refused to deliver an item for my brother (he's working in Angola inoo) at our home address because he hadn't been provided with a 4 digit PIN number by either DPD, the selling agent, or seller/distributor of said item after he had paid for the goods online via the agent, to enable the delivery to occur successfully. The delivery driver was a fucking jobsworth. 

However, it came to my attention, after research  the selling/distributing company shouldn't be trading as they are registered as being dormant with HMRC and Companies House. (The first few words of Ebenezer Goode spring to mind).

DPD are due to reattempt to deliver my brother's parcel this afternoon. 

It should be fun if they refuse to deliver the parcel again.😄

12 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

In a nutshell, DPD on Friday refused to deliver an item for my brother (he's working in Angola inoo) at our home address because he hadn't been provided with a 4 digit PIN number by either DPD, the selling agent, or seller/distributor of said item after he had paid for the goods online via the agent, to enable the delivery to occur successfully. The delivery driver was a fucking jobsworth. 

However, it came to my attention, after research  the selling/distributing company shouldn't be trading as they are registered as being dormant with HMRC and Companies House. (The first few words of Ebenezer Goode spring to mind).

What’s in the package?

On 4/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Can't believe you've left us hanging for two days. 

Did the parcel get delivered? 

19 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Can't believe you've left us hanging for two days. 

Did the parcel get delivered? 

Did it fuck min.

I had it my bosie, whilst in the middle of showing the DPD delivery driver about the company that shouldn't be operating, therefore DPD unknowingly are concerned in the supply and distribution of goods for an illicit business, he was getting more and more edgy.

He gave me the phone number for DPD's depot in Portlethen and whilst I was speaking to a lassie from the depot, he snatched the parcel fae my bosie and then proceeded to fuck off in his van.

The parcel is being sent back to the dodgy company and my brother has been promised a full refund.

Reported the company who sold/distributed the goods to Companies House about them still trading, although they are registered as dormant. However, Companies House don't have the authority to investigate this matter, therefore have been advised to contact Fraud Action about them.

I will wait for my brother to get his coin back before deciding if I'll bother going to Fraud Action or not.

50 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Did it fuck min.

I had it my bosie, whilst in the middle of showing the DPD delivery driver about the company that shouldn't be operating, therefore DPD unknowingly are concerned in the supply and distribution of goods for an illicit business, he was getting more and more edgy.

He gave me the phone number for DPD's depot in Portlethen and whilst I was speaking to a lassie from the depot, he snatched the parcel fae my bosie and then proceeded to fuck off in his van.

The parcel is being sent back to the dodgy company and my brother has been promised a full refund.

Reported the company who sold/distributed the goods to Companies House about them still trading, although they are registered as dormant. However, Companies House don't have the authority to investigate this matter, therefore have been advised to contact Fraud Action about them.

I will wait for my brother to get his coin back before deciding if I'll bother going to Fraud Action or not.

Knock ‘em dead champ, go for the jugular 😎😎

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Knock ‘em dead champ, go for the jugular 😎😎

Cheers, Poodler min. 👍

My brother was in tow with me earlier this afternoon saying he has been refunded for his goods paid into his PayPal account but is awaiting for it to clear into his bank account.

Upon the clearance taking place, I am sorely tempted to report the rogue outfit(s) he dealt with to Fraud Action.

Just in case your good self or any other poster visit the companies' websites inadvertently whilst browsing the internet to purchase a new mobile phone; one is called Back Market, a retailer in its own right but who also acts as an agent for 4Gadgets (the other company), a retail and distribution company who are not allowed to trade at present as they are the company currently registered as dormant with Companies House and HMRC.